Author Topic: Anyone have an explination for this?  (Read 805 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Anyone have an explination for this?
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2005, 07:35:48 PM »
Originally posted by USHilDvl
Here's an idea...what if the truth is somewhere in between (as it so often is)?  Maybe there is other life in the Universe...but not a lot.  Maybe the chances of life developing are so staggeringly low that, while not impossible, it is still a very rare thing.  Like a desert vs. a rainforest.  So there are only a few other species of life extant, and a very, very, VERY few that even approach sentience.

One other note...Dred, I gotta question one statement you made "...spotted as far back as man has recorded things".  No doubt that phenomena have been observed in the heavens throughout history which could not then be explained...but were later.  I think there is pretty strong evidence that the classically defined idea of the UFO (i.e., aliens come to visit) really only got off the ground post-WW2.  Some have proposed that this time period really engendered and nurtured these ideas as a function of the paranoia of the days.  People had just begun to have to try and grasp the new immediacy of imminent instant nuclear destruction, and began seeing ghosts in the machine.  We're used to it, but they were not.

I certainly don't have the answers, but I do have a feeling that most of what we encounter routinely is just hysteria and attention-seeking...while the reality is a much quieter, much subtler thing.

I would tend to agree with you on the whole

While doing a quick search on UFO sightings in earth history I came across this site.http://www.crystalinks.com/ufohistory.html
While many if not most can be explained away easily and some are admittedly a stretch

Some are not so easly explained

such as this well known 14 century Fresco

This picture shows a UFO sighting over Hamburg, Germany The objects were described as 'two glowing wheels' - November 4, 1697 - Wheels - Spoked Wheels.

This one I found interesting if nothing else
  From 3000-year old New Kingdom Temple,
located several hundred miles south of Cairo and the Giza Plateau, at Abydos.

Anyone else see a helocopter? LOL
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty