Author Topic: Pic of a Blue Angel making a vapor bubble  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Pic of a Blue Angel making a vapor bubble
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2001, 01:01:00 PM »
Sheesh, I produce a spiffy picture of a vapor bubble and you guys turn it into a
"my (insert whatever) is bigger than yours" thread????

"Our demo team flys war-ready birds"  
"Ours fly without G-suits"
"We'd wipe out your CV fleet with one sub with nukes"

Honestly, who really frickin' cares which team is better, or who's country has the biggest weapons of destruction???  This was meant to be a post sharing what I thought to be a pretty cool picture with you guys.  Maybe I was wrong in thinking you all would appreciate the picture.   :(
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2001, 04:46:00 PM »
I liked the pic Nifty.

I merely posted links and comments from the Blues and T-Bird pages because I often wonder why people ponder such questions when two clicks on a search engine provide the answer.

There's far more than enough incorrect information floating around; why speculate when the answer is there waiting for you?

You'll note I'm not the one launching the "war scenarios" either. Merely commented on the website info about returning the aircraft to active duty.

Sorry if I stepped on your toes.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Dnil

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2001, 05:41:00 PM »
toad, thats the official answer.  Not necessarily the right one.  I dont remember a time when they ever used them.  :)

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2001, 09:02:00 AM »
Originally posted by Toad:
Sorry if I stepped on your toes.

It wasn't so much my toes per se as it was me posting a picture that sparked such debates.  Hehe, I just want everyone to get along, play nice and stop comparing testosterone levels.   ;)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2001, 09:54:00 AM »
Nifty, there's only one guy in here rattling a sabre. It isn't me.

Like I said, nice picture!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2001, 10:11:00 AM »
Sorry for a stupid post that dosn't belong to this thread, and again thanks to Toad for explaining some things that are "taken for granted" by most of the Russian aviation enthusiasts.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2001, 12:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda:
Sorry for a stupid post that dosn't belong to this thread, and again thanks to Toad for explaining some things that are "taken for granted" by most of the Russian aviation enthusiasts.

:)  One day, we'll all be on the same team.