Author Topic: No kills from gvs in fighter mode???  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
No kills from gvs in fighter mode???
« on: December 09, 2005, 06:03:01 AM »
Hiyas!
Couple of days ago I flight my first time this month with fighter...I got 3 enemies in air(2xb-17 and a Jug) plus two gvs(2xLVT).
So, I landed with normal system report:" Zuum landed 5 kills in a Bf109 G-14, etc, etc...)
But...a BIG but...
I took a look at statistics. There stand only 3 kills for me as a fighter:eek: :confused: :O
Is it so, that in a fighter mode those GV kills donīt count at all?
-Yuri Gagarin was a fool. He travelled three times around the world  and returned to CCCP-

Offline SASMOX

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 06:10:13 AM »
Jep. No GV kills in a fighter mode. If you want GV kills counted you have to fly in a Attack mode.

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 06:20:31 AM »
Ahh...thatīs fair...:rolleyes:
Any explanation or argumentation for that kind of policy?
-Yuri Gagarin was a fool. He travelled three times around the world  and returned to CCCP-

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 07:45:32 AM »
Ask Leviathn how mad he was when he landed 131 kills of GV's in his P-40b!

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 08:42:31 AM »
:rofl
:aok

Offline SkyLab

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 09:20:45 AM »
Not only do the GV kills not count, you also wrecked your hit % as a fighter.
When you score the flight as a "Fighter" only hits against enemy aircraft count.

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 09:56:28 AM »
a fighter is a fighter, for engagemant with enemy aircraft.

an attacker is an attacker. attacking any enemy forces, land sea or air.

a bomber is a bomber. droping bombs on enemy structures.

look at the reality of it. unless it has changed, bombs from a lanc dropped on a GV not only count as misses, but the kill is also not credited in the "stats" for ranking purposes.

what sky said is also true, bullets fired as "fighter" into anything other than another plane count as misses. as far as "ranked" numbers are concerned.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 10:09:01 AM »
OMG:confused:
IRL, fighters have attacked convoys, individual cars and trucks at almost all war theatres. In WWII and later wars.
I think, flying low and taking  high risk to be shot by anti-aircraft MGs of those GVs should rather  be awarded than punished!:furious
Maybe Iīm a simple guy...but...still I think, that makes no sense at all!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 10:17:41 AM »
You will get perk points for them and any GV kills do show up in your generic kill sheet regardless of the mode you are flying in.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 11:21:50 AM »
Originally posted by Zuum
OMG:confused:
IRL, fighters have attacked convoys, individual cars and trucks at almost all war theatres. In WWII and later wars.
I think, flying low and taking  high risk to be shot by anti-aircraft MGs of those GVs should rather  be awarded than punished!:furious
Maybe Iīm a simple guy...but...still I think, that makes no sense at all!

I dont care about score or hit % anyways, I just go shoot and kill stuff and dont really care if its in fighter or attack mode. Just a game
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 03:36:03 PM »
Just a game. Youīre right!
It is still pretty nice thing to know how many kills you got in a tour...just for fun;)
And thatīs maybe a good argument to arrange another beer-dining with Your squadmates;-)

Some people like it, some not.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 03:45:59 PM »
Click this link:

http://www.hitechcreations.com/cgi-bin/105score/105stats.pl

Then click on "Kill Stats in an expanded format (IE only)"

and it will show you all your kills in a tour.  It doesn't pay any attention to Fighter/Attack/Bomber/Vehicle categories.

It works in Opera as well as IE, FYI.  I don't know about Firefox.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 03:48:20 PM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 04:10:00 PM »
THX for taking care...;-)
That link has been in use since my beginning of AH...(about 3 years)

Last months Iīve been really concerned about some strange things:
-The log doesnīt match(as You see above, I didnīt get kills from GVs)
-The oddities in hitting enemies has been extremely frustrating. Just for example, when I hit a B-24 to the wingtip 3 times with 30mm cannon...no effect at all!
-The oddities with "Patches": Almost all german-manufactured fighters have lost their "balls"...Why did HTC take away the G-10??? G-14 is not the compensation. K-4 either... The flight models of all those german planes have been tuned down>Speed, acceleration, climb etc, etc...
On the other hand, american 50 cals. and light rockets have become lazer-guns.
I never knew before that 2x100lbs rockets can blow up a pnzr...or, that dropping one 1000lbs bomb at a height of 170 ft can kill a Tiger...

I know what Iīm talking. Got a big bunch of films showing strange things happening in AHII. Gonna post them here very soon.

:D

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 04:18:29 PM »
Zuum,

HiTech himself said that the flight model of the Bf109K-4 is the exact same flight model as the Bf109G-10 had.  There were no changes to the flight models of the Bf109s.

Pyro said that he forgot to impliment the improved Bf109 flaps, so hopefully that will happen in a patch soon.

There is also a good hope that the Bf109G-14 will have it's performance boosted at altitude.

A single rocket will kill the Panzer if it hits it.  Why would the 1000lb bomb not kill the Tiger when dropped from 170ft?  If the fighter that dropped it is going fast the 1000lber will easily travel through more than 500ft of air and arm itself.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 04:20:41 PM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 04:34:58 PM »
OK! Letīs make this clear!

Why doesnīt K-4 have an option for wing cannon gondolas? The change of G-10  to K-4 was a FLOP! K-4 without gondolas is not a substitute for G-10 with gondolas.  What the HECK do we do with the same flight model without equivalent guns. Where is the added value?

G-14 was so late model in service that it should not have been created in this arena.

About bombing...so far as I have seen, there is a minimum altitude of effective bombing. And that is way above 170 ft...

And...last but not least, why did HTC pluck the 30mm Rheinmetall out of G-6???
Iīll stand waiting for those days when Hispanos and .50 cals will be put back to real proportion...

« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 04:42:40 PM by Zuum »