Author Topic: Aces High Magazine  (Read 2863 times)

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Aces High Magazine
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2005, 11:57:58 AM »
Originally posted by mars01
Snip
Where as you fly to score, because you think it means something, so you can pretend that you are some great fighter.  You are the one constantly going on how great you are, how much skill you have blah, blah, blah.  What makes me laugh even more is when you go on about how you are a seasoned vet with mad skillz and have ten plus years in this game.  LOLH, having 10 plus years in this game and being as mediocre as you are, only exagerates my point.  I expect guys with 10 plus years to be at the Leviathan level not the "Cherry Picking, Safe Flying, Horde Hiding In" level.

Snip

I never said I was great, or even good at anything. It's just unlike you I don't attack people who think differently or approach the game differently than I do. Yes I have 15 years experience, that's doesn't mean I am great, or even want to be great. What it means is I've seen everything, I've seen 500 guys like you come and go and preach about how their way of fighting is the sacred holy cow of WW2 Air Combat simulation and any other is just a lowly sack of chit. It's tiresome, if you enjoy diving into 3 guys in your Spit and feel good about it after you maybe kill one before you die, that's great, I'm truly happy for you, you've found that secret sumfin' that floats your particular boat. But, I know this may come as a shock to you, alot of people not only don't find that particularly fun or interesting, but rather kind of a pointless exercise and certainly no proof of a large noodle or any such crap you like to peddle in here...

Zazen

PS. I do not play for score, I simply play to kill and survive, I would and have flown the EXACT same way with no scoring whatsoever or completely anonymously, it's just the way I enjoy flying, I am not trying to 'prove' anything, I'm simply just having fun in my own way, whether you can appreciate or even understand that I don't know, but either way....Have A Nice Day! :aok
« Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 12:07:28 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Aces High Magazine
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2005, 02:58:10 PM »
I never said I was great, or even good at anything.

:rofl
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Aces High Magazine
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2005, 07:23:19 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
I never said I was great, or even good at anything.

You beg to differ with yourself.

"In AH it is rare indeed that a single individual can have such a great impact upon so many enemy, especially now that HQ is harder.  I agree that if there were alot of people that could even come close to reproducing my results in the Ostwind it would perhaps be detrimental to overall gameplay. But, the fact remains I have a singular talent that so far as I know has no peer. This is spite of the fact that I have made all of my techniques, hints and tricks public domain on this very forum. "

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Aces High Magazine
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2005, 07:38:42 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
Mars buddy, you know I love ya like a brother, but you haven't managed even 2+ kills per death or 1.5+ kill per sortie....ever....not once...I would hardly call you the Omnicient King of Furballing and Undisputed Critic of others who also enjoy furballing...Statistically you basically seem to dive in with some E, flail around for a bit as you spray, translate your energy into perhaps 1 kill on average before your inevitable demise in your fairly Uber Spitfire. Not exactly an inspiring resume from a self-professed Furball Master.

Zazen

Once again you know not of which you speak.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Aces High Magazine
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2005, 10:13:10 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
You beg to differ with yourself.

"In AH it is rare indeed that a single individual can have such a great impact upon so many enemy, especially now that HQ is harder.  I agree that if there were alot of people that could even come close to reproducing my results in the Ostwind it would perhaps be detrimental to overall gameplay. But, the fact remains I have a singular talent that so far as I know has no peer. This is spite of the fact that I have made all of my techniques, hints and tricks public domain on this very forum. "

-- Todd/Leviathn

Ok, I AM great in a flak, I'll admit it. :D But, we were talking about fightering related stuff which I am definately not great at. ;)

Zazen
« Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 10:47:53 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Aces High Magazine
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2005, 10:14:31 PM »
Originally posted by DipStick
Once again you know not of which you speak.

You and my wife agree on something and it's kinda freaking me out! :O

Is your real name Jessica??!?! :eek:

Zazen
« Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 10:48:22 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Aces High Magazine
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2005, 09:53:50 AM »
I never said I was great, or even good at anything. It's just unlike you I don't attack people who think differently or approach the game differently than I do. Yes I have 15 years experience, that's doesn't mean I am great, or even want to be great. What it means is I've seen everything, I've seen 500 guys like you come and go and preach about how their way of fighting is the sacred holy cow of WW2 Air Combat simulation and any other is just a lowly sack of chit. It's tiresome, if you enjoy diving into 3 guys in your Spit and feel good about it after you maybe kill one before you die, that's great, I'm truly happy for you, you've found that secret sumfin' that floats your particular boat. But, I know this may come as a shock to you, alot of people not only don't find that particularly fun or interesting, but rather kind of a pointless exercise and certainly no proof of a large noodle or any such crap you like to peddle in here...

Zazen

PS. I do not play for score, I simply play to kill and survive, I would and have flown the EXACT same way with no scoring whatsoever or completely anonymously, it's just the way I enjoy flying, I am not trying to 'prove' anything, I'm simply just having fun in my own way, whether you can appreciate or even understand that I don't know, but either way....Have A Nice Day!

HAHAHAHHAHa LOLHROTFFPAOM:rofl

Get it right Zaz, I attack people who talk out of their arse not for the way they fly.  Do I think Perch sitting and Cherry picking are lame?  Sure, it's just another way of vulching, but then different strokes I guess.  

You have come a long way since you started posting a year or two ago.  I must say I am glad that you have toned down the "Hi I'm Zazen the best fighter pilot of the game with superb blah, blah, blah. " baloney.  

But don't tell me you don't fly for score.  You have shades accounts so as not to screw up your sacred Zazen farse score.  You attacked me based on score alone, not having the where withall to know score is a very poor measuring stick.

And I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks flying with every advantage in your pocket, which you call "Flying to Survive" is not super easy mode for most and boring for other people to run into.

Big Max put it best, when after a fight he said.  "Nice kill Mars, I like to take chances and push the edge.  Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but it makes it more fun for everyone."
I couldn't have agreed more with him.  

It's you guys that are afraid to get shot, afraid to leave the horde, afraid to take a chance, afraid to give up an advantage that are the worst guys to run into in this game.  Your combined ACM consist of Flying high above stalking some unsuspecting con until he is engaged and then swwoping in and shooting them.  Why else fly a Typhoon all the time.  All it really does very well is Swwop in, spit out uber cannons and Run.  WOW what a skill set LOLH.

If you disagree, take me up on my offer:
BTW - since you are deathly afraid of the DA, when do you want to wing up? We'll fly one night the way I fly, then we'll fly one night the way you fly (or visa versa) and see what's what. You can even fly as one of your shade accounts so you don't defile your Zazen charade.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Aces High Magazine
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2005, 10:31:33 AM »
 All it really does very well is Swwop in, spit out uber cannons and Run.  WOW what a skill set LOLH.

Exactly, I suck and that's all I ever do, I never fight and win at a disadvantage, you know me so well . ;)

I've got some startling news for you mars, no matter how meticulously carefull anyone is they ALWAYS end up fighting at a disadvantage often in the MA, it's unavoidable. The fact that I fly a Typhoon just makes it WAY, WAY HARDER for me to win at a disadvantage than for you in your Spitfire. It's bake-out easy to negate an over-zealous opponent's advantage in an uber-turner like a Spitfire, forcing an over-shoot is about as hard as wiping your ass. It's WAY, WAY HARDER to do so in a mediocre to poor turner like a Tyhpoon.

The only difference between you and I is, I fight at a disadvantage only when I have to, you, through apathy or intention fight at a disadvantage by choice in a plane that is well suited to do so. When you start going 1 vs 3 in a Tyhpoon low n' slow on the deck and succeeding on a regular basis I'll start thinking you know wtf you're talking about....k? ;)

Zazen
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 10:49:01 AM by Zazen13 »

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
Re: Aces High Magazine
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2005, 10:40:33 AM »
Originally posted by Lye-El

Thanks to TheFox for permission to use picture.  

lol

cant wait for the "how to whine with taste issue":O

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
Aces High Magazine
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2005, 10:46:48 AM »
Ok back to the thread :D

Murdr where did ya get that interview, did ya write it, cause its a crack up...

:aok

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Aces High Magazine
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2005, 11:17:10 AM »

And I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks flying with every advantage in your pocket, which you call "Flying to Survive" is not super easy mode for most and boring for other people to run into.

Actually in a strange twist of ironic logic, flying smart is actually harder on the person than flying 'anti-smart' If you are intentionally flying at a disadvantage what you are really doing is giving your ego a fail-safe win/win situation. We all know people who do this: They Dive into 2 or more enemy, then one of two things happens, they win or they lose. If they lose they invariably say something like, "Nice gang-bang you skill-less freaks, you dweebs aren't bad 3 on 1". If they win, they get to say something like, "Haha, I shot down all three of you, you dweebs really suck badly!". So, as you can see there's no way the 'disadvantage fighter' can lose, either he's a hapless victim of skill-less gang-bang dweebs so his demise is not his fault, or he's the Heroic Captain Fantastic that bested 2 or 3 inferior dweebs with his superlative talent, a major ego stroking event. Neither of these scenarios are a blow to the ego, it's safe, in psychological terms the responsibility for negative outcomes has been externally delegated. The 'disadvantage fighter' is absolved of responsibility for negative outcomes while his ego gets to claim full credit for postive outcomes, a pretty spiffy situation to put yourself in.

Now let's look at the smart flyer. The smart flyer is doing his best to maintain tactical initiative, maintain advantage and persistant situational awareness. If the smart flyer succeeds, he lands a bushel of kills, but he was supposed to, there's no glory, it was a surgical operation, he set-out to fly to kill and not be killed, did it with tactical precision and succeeded, there's no ego boost. However, if he dies, if he does not succeed in spite of his best attempts to fly smart, he has totally failed. The responsibility for that failure rests entirely upon the smart flyer's shoulders, he was supposed to be entirely in control of his virtual fate. There's only two possible reasons for this failure, he was either out-smarted or out-played, there's no other excuses. So, with both of these possible scenarios there is either a nuetral effect upon, or a potentially significant blow to, the ego. The responsibility for outcomes is directly upon the smart flyer, he can blame noone else but himself for negative outcomes.

Zazen
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 12:01:39 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Aces High Magazine
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2005, 11:24:19 AM »
Actually in a strange twist of ironic logic, flying smart is actually harder on the person than flying 'un-smart' If you are intentionally flying at a disadvantage what you are really doing is giving your ego a fail-safe win/win situation. We both know people who do this: They Dive into 2 or more enemy, then one of two things happens, they win or they lose. If they lose well they say, "Nice gang-bang you skill-less freaks, you guys aren't bad 3 on 1". If they win, they get to say, "Haha, I shot down all three of you you guys suck!". So, as you see there's no way the 'disadvantage fighter' can lose, either he's a hapless victim of skill-less gang-bang dweebs so his demise is not his fault, or he's the Heroic Captain Fantastic that bested 2 or 3 inferior dweebs with his superlative talent. Neither of these scenarios are a blow to the ego, it's safe, in psychological terms the responsibility for outcomes has been externally delegated.

Now let's look at the smart flyer. The smart flyer is doing his best to maintain tactical initiative, maintain advantage and persistant situational awareness. If the smart flyer succeeds, he lands a bushel of kills, but he was supposed to, there's no glory, it was a surgical operation, he set-out to fly to kill and not be killed, did it with tactical precision and succeeded. However, if he dies, if he does not succeed in spite of his best attempts to fly smart, he has totally failed. The responsibility for that failure rests entirely upon the smart flyer's shoulders, there's only two possible reasons for this failure he was either out-smarted or out-played, there's no other excuse. So, with both of these possible scenarios there is either a nuetral effect upon or a blow to the ego, the responsibility for outcomes is directly upon the smart flyer, he can blame noone else for negative outcomes.
This has to be the most retarded post I have ever read.  Stay on your perch and hide in the horde Zazen, make all the excuses you want for your timid fighter style I have tired of you, your post are getting as boring as your flying.:aok

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Aces High Magazine
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2005, 11:26:49 AM »
This has to be the most retarded post I have ever read.  

Yup, I'm totally retarded, I am an idiot, a dolt, a dullard, a weak-minded and stupid person!

Have a Nice Day! :aok

Zazen

Offline ATC

• Zinc Member
Aces High Magazine
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2005, 11:48:10 AM »
Westy and Shane can co-author articles about the "good ole days of Air Warrior"

ATC  ;)

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Aces High Magazine
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2005, 11:49:03 AM »
Yup, I'm totally retarded, I am an idiot, a dolt, a dullard, a weak-minded and stupid person!
Well after all this banter between two morons, at least we can agree on something :D :rofl :aok