Author Topic: Playnet files Bankruptcy?  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
Playnet files Bankruptcy?
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2001, 02:35:00 PM »
Boxes not on the shelves?  That's not a good sign.  Wasn't there an IBM commercial about a company that took orders but didn't have a product to ship?   :eek:

My local MediaPlay and CompUSA both show the game in-stock.  CompUSA is $10 cheaper BTW.   :D

If they hope to get 1000 new players a month (and keep them) they need to look at the rest of the online market.  An online newbie prolly isn't going to pay $29-$39 for WW2OL when he/she can get Asheron's Call or Jumpgate for $9.99 (Amazon.com) or AH for FREE!

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2001, 05:15:00 PM »
Originally posted by Spitboy:
Hmm, I believe they came out and said it was Sony that was sniffing around at iEN. Sony makes a lot more sense to me, since Microsoft already has the Fighter Ace/Flight Simulator engine. Sony doesn't have a comparable product, and WW2 sims are definetely popular these days given all the new titles and mods.

AFAIK, this is not true. VR1 has pulled away from Microsoft and will release FA3 on their own. FA3 is now in closed beta. From what I hear, it's a vast improvement over earlier versions.
sand

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2001, 05:17:00 PM »
You heard wrong Sandman. FA3 is FA2 with new graphics. You can dress up a turd, but it's still going to stink.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2001, 08:13:00 PM »
No, no, nooooooo.... the phrase is, "You can't polish a turd."   :D

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2001, 11:39:00 PM »
well, my opinion is that I don't wish WWII OL to go down.
Theres not really anything to compare it to (cut the sarcams peeps, not the time) anything else what we currently have or would have in the upcoming years.

Theres still good things that WWII OL shines at and is unique at, even if theres bad ones.
Game with equal battle enviroment will not be released during next few years... at least im not aware of any comparable projects going on or even being planned.

...but I hear theres alot fuzz about Quake clones, with different enviroments and guns. *yawn*

[ 12-28-2001: Message edited by: Fishu ]

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2001, 10:42:00 PM »
Chapter 11, chaper 12, chapter 13... whatever.

All I know is I call dibs on coining the phrase:

WWIIFlatline   :D

Sorry...too much rum and egg-nog.

:eek:   :eek:   :eek:
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.