Author Topic: PYRO, SKUZZY, someone...  (Read 1026 times)

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
PYRO, SKUZZY, someone...
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2006, 12:20:18 PM »
Silat...thanks for that info!

Offline eh

• Copper Member
PYRO, SKUZZY, someone...
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 01:16:05 PM »
Silat, great post. I copied it for future reference.

101, I hope your prob. got solved. I had exactly the same symptoms and I tried everything... even blaming 64 bit Windows for my woes. The problem appeared suddenly, close to the same update you are talking about, but that was just coincidence I think. The internet connection panel in AH showed incredible, random spiking. Ping plotter wasn't much help in diagnosing the problem.

The ultimate cause? At the same time as this unfixable warping was happening I noticed that my motherboard was deteriorating after only 4 months of buying it... it was giving me irregular and intermittent bootup problems that got really serious, and it was at this point that the online spiking appeared. It appears that the motherboard's ethernet card was affected somehow. Once a new MB was installed, the problems with Aces High vanished.

I think it was the onboard ethernet card, but I don't know how to test for that. I do know that you can inactivate the onboard card and install a better quality card. I believe that skuzzy has a sticky somewhere in here which mentions appropriate ethernet cards for AH.

I hope this helps.