Author Topic: Collisions  (Read 1122 times)

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Collisions
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2005, 08:58:37 PM »
Originally posted by viper215
I think if you hit someone elses plane you should both be hurt.

Lets look at the facts 2 spitfires lets say going 250mph right at each other. No shots are fired they just ram eachother right in the face. THOSE TWO SPITFIRES ARE NOT GOING HOME. If 2 planes collide they should both die or lose a part that will make them die.

Also if they do this it should say you rammed XXXXX so there is no b1tching about who did it. If someone rams someone its both you faults. You cant say someone hit you and its his fault. Its your fault too cause YOUR PLANE WAS IN THE way.

You do lose parts when they hit you..:rolleyes:

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Collisions
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2005, 11:05:26 PM »
I can sum it up....

It's not real life, it's the internet. Maybe some day the technology will be to the point where 2 planes colliding will cause damage to both aircraft. This isn't something set by HTC, it's simply beyond their control(or anybodies). So until that day comes, we're all just gonna have to grin and bear it.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
Collisions
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2005, 12:30:54 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
I always squeeze both eyes shut and switch off the monitor..... :lol

I justget up and go in the other room.... :rofl

Actually, what about the whole lag issue that everyone says it is?  Maybe because of the lag, maybe they should just be turned off as if Joe Blow is getting a good connection (or whatever it is) and Joe Shmow is getting a crappy one.... Why is it, Joe Blow will get his wings ripped off while Mr. Shmow cruises off into the sunset fine and dandy....  :confused:

I am not sure what it is, all I know is it takes Two to Ho and if some one wants to Ho my Mossie or 110, so be it.... But it gets boring when Spit's and Lgays always roll right at you with 5k of alt on you and dive in for a HO...... Dweebs I tell you! Dweebs!!!!! :furious
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Collisions
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2005, 01:33:38 PM »
Originally posted by WMLute
dunno why this needs to be explained YET again when there is a perfect tool a the top of the page called SEARCH.

but to anwser viper's question.

both people don't SEE the ram.  What you SEE on your computer is not what the people around you SEE.

you SEE a ram, you take damage.  

the guy you rammed doesn't SEE a ram, he sees a near miss so no damage.

it's what your Front End (your computer) sees that matters.

both Front End's SEE a ram, both take damage.  

Only one Front End SEES a ram, only one gets damage.

due to internet lag, what you see and what everybody else sees is different.

Thats because HTCs ram model is crapy. I wonder how IL2s ram model is so great becuase when two planes hit they both die.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
Collisions
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2005, 01:39:20 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
Thats because HTCs ram model is crapy. I wonder how IL2s ram model is so great becuase when two planes hit they both die.

That would be interesting, I could ram a zeke into a tiger and kill it or an M8 into it and kill it :)  can you hear the howling now?

shamus
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 01:41:58 PM by Shamus »
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Collisions
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2005, 02:16:28 PM »

How many people are on each of their servers again?
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Collisions
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2005, 02:18:53 PM »

Let me ask you something Larry. If you saw a plane fly by you at, say, 25 yards to your left and immediately you lost a wing due to a collision (that you did not see on your front end) would that make you happy? Doubt it!

I agree, is stocks to be in a GV and have some putz fly so close to you that your FE sees a collision but there is little to do about it.

Now, again, for all those who just can't seem to grasp this whole concept. There are 2 messages that appear in the text buffer regarding collisions.

"You have collided", This means that your front end saw a collision and you will receive damage.

"{GameID} collided with you", this means that the other guys FE saw a collision and he takes damage.

If all you receive is the 2nd message and you take damage then you did not get damaged by the collision. Most likely your were shot by the HOing dweeb. A lot of these HOtards will fly right at you with guns blazing and tracers off.

If you see both messages then you both take damage.

If this explanation is just to complex for some of you to understand then I suggest that you just not fly so close to other planes, GVs of ships. That will solve most of your problems.

This topic should be a sticky on this or some other forum.

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Collisions
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2005, 03:24:23 PM »

I bet you would be the first to complain when you dodged a Spit and blew up anyway because from the Spit drivers view he hit you.

IL2 is irrelevant. Don't play it. Don't care. I spend my money for this one.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Collisions
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2005, 03:29:27 PM »
Jones what your saying makes no since at all. I have a film of me coming about 5-10ft away from some bombers and I die. I didnt see a ram on my computer so why did I die? What HTC means by "seeing" the ram means if I come up behind you and ram you as long as your not looking back I get the damage. And in the HO/ram whoever shoots last before the ram gets the damage.

OOZ lemme guess your ganna try the whole but AH has more people one sever. Well there were around 35 people on last time I ramed in IL2. In the sever with BUMA,CT,TA,DA,SEA theres hardly ever more then 35 people on unless on FSO so why dont they both die in there. Its because HTC doesnt feel like redoing it when they are working on ToD.

And jones I have taken damage many many time when some one ramed me and geting the message that they hit me and they go fly away while I fall down to the ground.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 03:31:55 PM by Larry »
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Collisions
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2005, 03:59:19 PM »
OOZ lemme guess your ganna try the whole but AH has more people one sever. Well there were around 35 people on last time I ramed in IL2. In the sever with BUMA,CT,TA,DA,SEA theres hardly ever more then 35 people on unless on FSO so why dont they both die in there. Its because HTC doesnt feel like redoing it when they are working on ToD.

If you made this game, would you rather do a bunch of codes so that it will match how many people are in the server, or would you rather make one that makes at least some sense? The latter I'd bet.

There ARE times when a bunch of people are on (over 500) and that requires a code like the one we have now.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Collisions
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2005, 09:00:39 PM »
Originally posted by SkyChimp
You do lose parts when they hit you..:rolleyes:

i know
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline ujustdied

• Nickel Member
Collisions
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2005, 11:10:20 PM »
i have been looking at this and i have been noticing that if u Shoot to close to ur enemy say 10D and closer ur ammo backfires or somthing and u get dammage. i have noticed this in the DA. but i hate collisions i never HO and when some 1 hits me in a duel i fall out of sky and he flys away like he hit a bug. I THINK BOTH PEOPLE SHOULD DIE.

CATFISH6 LOOK OUT BELOW.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 11:13:36 PM by ujustdied »

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Collisions
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2005, 01:42:05 AM »
Originally posted by ujustdied
i have been looking at this and i have been noticing that if u Shoot to close to ur enemy say 10D and closer ur ammo backfires or somthing and u get dammage.

Yes; all ammo (much less on the machine guns) have blast radii. That's why plunking a 20mm at an ack gun is so easy; you don't need to "hit" it per se, however it is much more difficult to hit them with .50 (12.7) or .303 (7.7) ammo.

Originally posted by ujustdied
I THINK BOTH PEOPLE SHOULD DIE.

That's nice.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Collisions
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2005, 02:04:37 AM »
I don't think people fully think through the consequences of their wishes.

If their wishes were implimented they would whine so loudly and so long it wouldn't be funny, except for the whole massive irony thing.

Should it be implimented that both die if one collides then you can forget all about Lala dweebs, Sissyfire pansies, Runstangs, Toolshedders, and so on and so on.  The whine about people intentionally ramming after you flew 10 minutes to their base would be deafening even compared to the vaunted CHog whining of yore.

But, we can rest comfortably know it will never happen.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Collisions
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2005, 06:11:09 AM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
There ARE times when a bunch of people are on (over 500) and that requires a code like the one we have now.

So just because theres sometime over 500 people on the ram model should be have assed.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner