Author Topic: RIP Ronald Schulz  (Read 240 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
RIP Ronald Schulz
« on: December 20, 2005, 11:36:07 PM »
I saw the video footage today of Ronald Schulz "apparently" being murdered by his captors in Iraq.  It has not been officially confirmed but it looks like a done deal to me.

Ronald Schulz was blindfolded and on his knees with his hands tied behind his back with his back facing his murderers, in the desert somewhere in apparent darkness illuminated by what I would guess to be the lights of at least one parked car but possibly two or more cars.

He was shot multiple times with at least one automatic rifle (AK) but likely 2 or more firing simultaneously.  He sort of stood up and flipped over as the rounds impacted him.  They continued firing into his body in the typical fashion.  Looked like a pretty quick ending considering all he had no doubt been through while being held captive.

Im sure he knew the risks, and I know not his personal convictions or motivations for being in Iraq as a civilian security consultant, but he was an american....and a former marine so I am going to pay him respect here, today.

I am deeply saddened by his murder but I do understand and am deeply appreciative of his service, and his sacrifice.

We havent seen much news about this and I guess its a good thing.  We dont need to give too much media energy to those that murdered him.

I just wanted to ackowledge that it appears he has been murdered and that I am further encouraged to support the mission he supported, and lost his life supporting.

Ronald Schulz
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 11:58:27 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
RIP Rondald Schulz
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 02:17:04 AM »
S! Marine

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
RIP Rondald Schulz
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 02:28:37 AM »
Sooner or later the world will get sick of these scum, and when they catch them human rights will go out the window.

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
RIP Rondald Schulz
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 12:18:41 PM »
Originally posted by Vulcan
Sooner or later the world will get sick of these scum, and when they catch them human rights will go out the window.

you have to be human to apply for human rights status
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
RIP Rondald Schulz
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 12:27:54 PM »
Ronald Schulz, 40, graduated in 1983 from Jamestown High School and served in the U.S. Marine Corps from 1984 to 1991.  He moved to Eagle River, Alaska, near Anchorage, and worked as an industrial electrician at sites around the world, while maintaining his membership at St. John Lutheran Church in Jamestown.