Author Topic: Sick of the game  (Read 2138 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: Re: Sick of the game
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2005, 11:09:18 AM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
I agree with this entire post.

There was a brief period, some years ago, when I paid attention to my stats.  Didn't take long before I noticed that I was flying to improve my stats, rather than to have a good time.  So I stopped engaging multiple enemies, stopped heading for targets that were higher than me, landed every kill I got (whether or not I had gas and bullets left), and quit trying new maneuvers just to see how they'd work.  One evening I came to the unpleasant conclusion that I was now flying like the people I'd made fun of for years.  So I stopped looking at my score sheets, went back to having a good time, and have thoroughly enjoyed the game ever since.

- oldman

Yep that's the key.

No one is really dying, planes are free.  Quit worrying about your score, dive in and have fun.

If you like 109s, then fly it the best you can.  If you die, so be it.  Who cares.   You aren' t really dying.

I fly the 38G most of the time.  It's not uber at anything but it turns ok.  When I dive into the pile of Spits, LAs, N1Ks etc.  I know it's going to be big target number 1.  

But I'm not really dying and the longer I can last in the fight, the more fun it is.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2005, 11:11:17 AM »
Forget about scores, K/D etc.

Grab an IL2 when all the FHs are down, it can be a real blast.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Nightshift82

• Nickel Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2005, 11:18:36 AM »
I just got off a break myself, sometimes it's needed to bring back the fun of the game.  I take breaks when it seems more like a job to play than acual entertainment.
Night5  
First tour: 55  (If anyone cares.......)

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2005, 11:19:08 AM »
Originally posted by SteffK
WTG Morph :aok

If you kill people you are a dweeb...I'm a fair pilot, not even good, just fair, I know my flaws and try to stear clear of them, I kill people I get called a Dweeb for it, so what!

It doesn't matter what your in, if you kill some of the more...er...vociferous (Fair?) vocalists on 200 then they will call you black and blue, because they lost, and you won...Laugh at them..I do, there is one that I do love to wind(x) (Or is that WhingX?) up. As he bites every time LOL.

You've got that right, preach on brother!  What gets you called a dweeb even moreso is killing people and never letting them kill you. They hate it, it drives them totally insane, you can just see them ripping chunks of hair out as they curse you on 200.

Killing is fun. Killing and getting away with it is sheer ecstacy. :aok

Zazen
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 11:23:17 AM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2005, 11:31:18 AM »
Grab an IL2 when all the FHs are down, it can be a real blast.

Personally I like the A20G.  Little more speed than the IL2 and for some reason I get alot of satisfaction smackin a LA7 or P-51 with an A20.  :cool:

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2005, 11:36:30 AM »
AK, the col's k/d sucks alot worse, i am a dweeb of all dweebs, and i fly a niki at times too. The blue angels will never call any of us to fly with them,dont worry or care what people say, the igits always have a need to run their mouth, in a negative manner. The main thing is do what is fun to you, f, what they think. You;ll have more fun i think. I do try o keep my #'s somewhat respectable only for the squad though, and at times i couldnt care less, seems to be a good attitude in here. Be a dang dweeb and be proud if thats what gets you fun ,,,,who cares? i sure dont...:aok
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2005, 11:40:52 AM »
Personally I fly just for the Remote Chance that I might get to Drop a Bomb on Morpheus's Osty or Cherry Pick Stang in a Seafire :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2005, 11:51:19 AM »
That was one hell of a super horde you guys had rolling last night. If it wasnt for the fact you nuked our base and killed the ord, I would have started rolling buffs which always kills 2-3 vulchers.

I love swtiching to the side with lowest numbers and the side that is also getting gang banged from all angles then getting insulted by kakmaw for doing it. ROFL. I look forward to the times I switch to the knights and he is on. The hissy fits he throws are well worth being bang banged.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2005, 12:02:59 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
Wow Morph! You hit the nail right on the head there buddy! <> You're my new Hero! Cut n' Paste that puppy to your Squad forum and make it a sticky immediately! Everyone should have to read that everyday before posting on this BBS or logging into the MA. It's, "The Lord's Prayer", for AH.

Zazen

PS. I think I'm going to make this little gem right here my Sig!

Nope ... no Squad Form sticky for that. We already fly whatever we want. Remember ... the majority of us are Spitdweebs ...  ;)
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2005, 12:13:47 PM »
AKfoder ... I recall in another post (somewhere) that you had the "Stall Limiter" turned on ... did you ever turn it off ?

If not, then that might be somewhat of the cause of your angst and anguish and why other planes are outflying you.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
Sick of the game
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2005, 12:36:00 PM »
Yak's are pretty tough to kill if flown by anyone decent. Fun plane to fly but you need to get into rectal probing range before shooting to make the hits count, though, since the ammo is so limited in the Yak.

Taking a break from AH once in a while is a good thing. Or just taking a break from A2A ... taking a 110G to do Urban Renewal for base captures is a nice diversion ... you may even want to try vultching in one.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2005, 12:40:04 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Nope ... no Squad Form sticky for that. We already fly whatever we want. Remember ... the majority of us are Spitdweebs ...  ;)

I didn't mean post it there for BK's to reflect on what they themselves fly, but rather what others choose to fly. ;)

Zazen

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2005, 12:41:17 PM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
Yak's are pretty tough to kill if flown by anyone decent. Fun plane to fly but you need to get into rectal probing range before shooting to make the hits count, though, since the ammo is so limited in the Yak.

Taking a break from AH once in a while is a good thing. Or just taking a break from A2A ... taking a 110G to do Urban Renewal for base captures is a nice diversion ... you may even want to try vultching in one.

Yup, the Yak is nasty in the right hands, I hate fighting Yaks. Two people I never want to come across in a Yak at a disadvantage are Trikky and Fariz.

Zazen

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2005, 12:47:50 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
I didn't mean post it there for BK's to reflect on what they themselves fly, but rather what others choose to fly. ;)

Zazen

We don't care what ya fly ... we just want ya to fight ... 'member ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2005, 12:52:51 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
We don't care what ya fly ... we just want ya to fight ... 'member ?

Oh that's right, fly whatever plane you want, just be sure to turn with the BK's in their Spits no matter what kind of plane you are in or the situation! Now I remember! Thanks for refreshing my memory Slappy! ;)

To paraphrase: People won't fly and fight the way we want them to!!! Waaaaaaaa! :cry

:huh

Zazen
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 01:03:16 PM by Zazen13 »