Author Topic: Sick of the game  (Read 2140 times)

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2005, 12:57:27 PM »
You can't leave, look at all the times you shot me down.  :aok besides i dont care if people think im a spit dweeb.  Spits are the only plane im half way good in.  But good luck it has always been flying with you
Yes I know I suck, other wise youuuuu would be dead so stop bragging.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2005, 12:58:30 PM »
Originally posted by meddog
Spits are the only plane im half way good in.  

:rolleyes:

Yup, that's the beauty of the Spit. My myopic 8 year old neice was over for Thanksgiving. She doesn't even know what WW2 is, and has never even seen a Joystick. She flew a SpitXVI, never got higher than 3k, turnfought on the deck and ended up landing 6 kills. She looked up at me, non-plused and said, "Uncle James that was too easy, do you have a harder game I can play?" :huh Embarassed, I loaded up Pokemon Checkers Deluxe and she was content for the rest of the day.

Zazen
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 01:24:08 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2005, 01:02:04 PM »
I can say from experience that flying for score takes away the joy from the game eventually. I remember 2 tours ago when I realized I was heading for the 'loop' again after returning from a lengthy pause. The start of the next tour I started upping from vulched fields untill my k/d lawndarted. I started flying freely and having fun again..

This game does not serve its purpose anymore if you have to stress about it. Sadly that also affects special events and squad nights - I'm not going to make a friggin schedule based on this game ever again.

Fly for fun - but for God's sake have a life.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2005, 01:26:31 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
Oh that's right, fly whatever plane you want, just be sure to turn with the BK's in their Spits no matter what kind of plane you are in or the situation! Now I remember! Thanks for refreshing my memory Slappy! ;)

To paraphrase: People won't fly and fight the way we want them to!!! Waaaaaaaa! :cry

:huh

Zazen

Glad I could straighten that out for ya ... ya tool !!! :rolleyes:
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2005, 01:28:13 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Glad I could straighten that out for ya ... ya tool !!! :rolleyes:

Thanks Slappy! I can always count on you to set me straight! :aok

Zazen

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2005, 01:28:24 PM »
:rolleyes:

Yup, that's the beauty of the Spit. My myopic 8 year old neice was over for Thanksgiving. She doesn't even know what WW2 is, and has never even seen a Joystick. She flew a SpitXVI, never got higher than 3k, turnfought on the deck and ended up landing 6 kills. She looked up at me, non-plused and said, "Uncle James that was too easy, do you have a harder game I can play?" :huh Embarassed, I loaded up Pokemon Checkers Deluxe and she was content for the rest of the day.

Zazen

BWAHAHAH ... I suppose you have a bridge and some prime property in Florida for sale too.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2005, 01:29:58 PM »
BWAHAHAH ... I suppose you have a bridge and some prime property in Florida for sale too.

That's actually a true story! As all of you know I am far too stupid to make anything like that up! :furious

Zazen
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 01:32:22 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2005, 02:42:24 PM »
That's actually a true story! As all of you know I am far too stupid to make anything like that up! :furious

Zazen

And then you woke up ...

I have 3 sons who are EXPERT video game playes (XBOX, PS2, etc) ... what they do when playing any games in these environments blows me away ... reaction time ... hand eye coordination is off the hook.

I have had all 3 try AH ... they couldn't find their collective arses with 6 hands and died miserable deaths within short periods of time.

Either she was EXTREMELY (and I mean EXTREMELY) lucky or she is a prodigy and we want her in the BKs ... so she can be brought up correctly ...  ;)
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2005, 02:56:43 PM »

Either she was EXTREMELY (and I mean EXTREMELY) lucky or she is a prodigy and we want her in the BKs ... so she can be brought up correctly ...  ;)

I couldn't let that happen. I can't let  you guys show her your propaganda films,  training  her for the  'l33t fight' by holding her by the ankles in the back-yard, twirling her around just above the ground in tight circles as fast as you can until she throws-up.

I can see it now, she'd grow up telling everyone else how to live their lives, shooting people in the face with a 9mm when they don't do what she wants, when she wants, how she wants. Then she'll be off to the Federal Prison for Women with a lesbian cell mate named Helga she affectionately refers to as......Cherry Licker! :p

Zazen
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 04:32:45 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
Sick of the game
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2005, 03:08:40 PM »
And then you woke up ...

I have 3 sons who are EXPERT video game playes (XBOX, PS2, etc) ... what they do when playing any games in these environments blows me away ... reaction time ... hand eye coordination is off the hook.

I have had all 3 try AH ... they couldn't find their collective arses with 6 hands and died miserable deaths within short periods of time.

AH (and games like it) is not about hand-eye coordination. It helps, for sure, but doing well requires SA. Buckets of it. So many games make the player the center of the universe and that doesn't prepare them at all for something like the AH MA where they're just seals waiting to be clubbed.

Nor do most "video games" require the kind of research, decision making, and practice that a game like AH does. Just think about how much knowledge and how many decisions an AH player uses and makes from take-off to landing for a typical flight.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2005, 03:20:44 PM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
AH (and games like it) is not about hand-eye coordination. It helps, for sure, but doing well requires SA. Buckets of it. So many games make the player the center of the universe and that doesn't prepare them at all for something like the AH MA where they're just seals waiting to be clubbed.

Nor do most "video games" require the kind of research, decision making, and practice that a game like AH does. Just think about how much knowledge and how many decisions an AH player uses and makes from take-off to landing for a typical flight.

You just described Situational and Tactical Awareness. That is being aware of every tactically relevant detail in your extended vicinity (SA) and making the correct split-second tactical decisions based on that information (TA). Perfectly illustrated and explained, AH is a very unique gaming experience being the only true MMPG of this genre worth paying for.

Zazen

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
Sick of the game
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2005, 03:57:50 PM »
I've played AC sims for the past 5 years ranging from AW to WB and started playing AH2 about a year ago. I don't think I'm the best stick out there but I am descent,  and its tough for me to get 6 kills in a spit and land em... Think I'm gonna have to call BS on that post about the 6 yr old girl landing 6 kills in a spit.

I have a 18 yr old brother that plays nuthing but PS2 and XBOX and I'll let him play AH2 and he can't even get the plane in the air... But you go back to the XBOX and I'll put $ on him vs anybody at any game they make... Heck just switching over from warbirds and airwarrior was tough enough for me  LOL... And spits are by no means at all uber in any way... They can be exploited and beaten by any plane in the game, if flown correctly.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2005, 04:11:39 PM »
I couldn't let that happen. I can't let  you guys show her your propaganda films,  training  her for the  'l33t fight' by holding her by the ankles in the back-yard, twirling her around just above the ground in tight circles as fast as you can until she throws-up.

I can see it now, she'd grow up telling everyone else how to live their lives, shooting people in the face with a 9mm when they don't do what she wants, when she wants, how she wants. Then she'll be off to the Federal Prison for Women with a lesbian cell mate named Helga who she affectionately calls......Cherry Licker! :rofl

Zazen

You mean ... Cherry Picker !!!! ... don't you ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2005, 04:18:20 PM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo

Doc ... so very true, but these guys adapt to any game with ease ... point being ... they have lots of experience in the genre of video games.

I think that you are only enforcing what I really was saying ...

A 6 year old will/would not have the where-with-all to aquire the SA needed to kill 6 planes on her first sortie.

If my kids, who have a hell of a lot more "video gaming" experience (abeit not Air Combat Sim), can't fly for more than 5 minutes without having the first con they run into pwn them ... then she sure as hell isn't too.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Sick of the game
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2005, 04:20:50 PM »
You just described Situational and Tactical Awareness. That is being aware of every tactically relevant detail in your extended vicinity (SA) and making the correct split-second tactical decisions based on that information (TA). Perfectly illustrated and explained, AH is a very unique gaming experience being the only true MMPG of this genre worth paying for.

Zazen

And something that a 6 year old WILL NOT pick up on her first sortie.

Oh ... I promise I won't spin her around too hard ... she must be conditioned tho ... it's for her own good.
SlapShot - Blue Knights