Author Topic: Connection, Lag, and Gunnery  (Read 537 times)

Offline stantond

• Nickel Member
Connection, Lag, and Gunnery
« on: December 01, 2005, 09:05:21 PM »
How many experience enough lag when the ping numbers look good to have ping sounds 1-2 seconds while in the tower after getting shot down?  How many can 'see' the lag in the bullets as they hit the ground after you have fired?  I am seeing much more lag than I ever have before with good ping times (45-69ms), netstat showing no big variance, but seeing the effects in gunnery.

Anyone have a clue what could be causing this and if there is any tools to quantify what I am seeing?  Just to catagorize what is going on would be a step towards progress.  I though this might be my machine, so steps have been taken to improve performance.  I even removed Norton Anitvirus (which seemed to help film startup lag).  Fps is always above 30 (and often higher) when I see this.  I have lots of what I am seeing on film.  I have another machine to try, so I will do that soon.  

Unless this is spyware (which I don't think it is and I run MS anti-spyware) I am stumped.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Malta

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 10:10:08 PM »
Not a really helpful answer, but if you have been hit enough times before dieing by rapid fire guns, you will hear bullet impact sounds after you hit the tower even with a ping of an impossible 1. Impact sounds are repeated how many times you're hit regardless if you're not there anymore.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 10:25:37 PM »
Occurs especially if youre shot by lots of high rate-of-fire guns like on a Hurri1, Spit1, P47N (8 gun loadout) and the likes....

If you got hit by 600 MG bullets, the game will produce the hit sounds for all of those... wheather youre in thetower already or not. (PS I usually need about 400-800 rounds of 303s to kill).
21 is only half the truth.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 01:51:26 AM »
I think this is intentional. It was added after people complainning about exploding from a few mg hits. You hear all the hits on your plane even if it takes a little longer to "play" them.

At least this is what I remember, but reality fades out on me so often these days.

Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 08:56:08 AM »
I can wholeheartedly second what Schatzi says.  I got shot down yesterday by his/her Hurri I, and it sounded like I was in a hail storm under a tin roof for 2-3 seconds after I hit the tower.  It takes a while for all of those .303's to land!

I've also experienced the lag where the enemy plane is already past you, the distance counter in your rear view is growing, and then you hear the hits.  Very wierd, but I just chalk it up to one of the variants of the internet we put up with to enjoy this game.

Offline Marco

• Copper Member
Pain
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 09:12:44 PM »
Yes, it does happen when u get shot down by an aircraft with high-power guns, but i have also had this occur when i was shot down, floating to the ground, and sliced a second time by other planes trying to get me as there kill. Makes me feel wanted, but the point is it occurs in Aces High 2, hope i helped some how in my rambling. :)

Offline Lan784

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2005, 10:52:39 PM »
Theres no way our sound cards can handle the bundle of all those bullets hitting at once so its kept on goin. Lag does play a role to it also u see that ur dead but the gun shooting still sees u flying(if this happens think about switching connections)