Author Topic: 71 EAGLE Squadron RAF - Looking to form another wing of 32.  (Read 1716 times)

Offline ujustdied

• Nickel Member
71 EAGLE Squadron RAF - Looking to form another wing of 32.
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 07:48:17 PM »
woot i just joined them and they are a great bunch of guys i love to fly fighter missions and thats what they do so <<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>.. 71 and i hope we can get bunches o kills together.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 09:51:25 PM »
Welcome aboard, cat!

Offline ujustdied

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2006, 12:32:17 AM »
wait so krusty are u on the 71st 2

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2006, 01:17:54 AM »
Yes I am :)

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2006, 06:48:43 PM »
Yeah, they let ME in so i guess they are not really picky! :p  ;)

:t
21 is only half the truth.

Offline ImFried

• Zinc Member
Morgue
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2006, 01:57:32 AM »
Where you want all these dead pilots Bat??

imfried:p

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2006, 12:57:58 PM »
thats it, youre on my hit list :t

:noid
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2006, 03:19:52 PM »
I find this more than a bit amusing in the sense that in the short time I've flown with the 71st we almost never fly spits of any kind except on a true "sweep". 80% of the time everyone seems to be in various birds. I've flown in two squads previously (327th Steel Talons in AW and the AK's here in AH). I enjoyed both tremendously but as always eventually "burned out". When I came back to AH I actually had no interest in considering a squad (not due to anything negative with previous ones)....but simply not knowing if I was going to stay etc.

I've found these guys to be every bit as good in all aspects. They fly well, fight right and do all possible to "take the dead & wounded" home. They also display alot of teamwork with others outside the squad. So comments regarding this obviously true incident have to be viewed as an abberation of the moment and taken in context.

From what I've seen so far the 71st is a well led bunch that would not only make a great "launchpad" for newbies....but also a good home for more experienced sticks looking for a "good home".

snaphook

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Target2

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2006, 03:57:11 PM »
Ahh, geez, Snap, your gonna make us blush.
71 Eagle Squadron

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2006, 03:59:24 PM »
Originally posted by humble
I find this more than a bit amusing in the sense that in the short time I've flown with the 71st we almost never fly spits of any kind except on a true "sweep". 80% of the time everyone seems to be in various birds. I've flown in two squads previously (327th Steel Talons in AW and the AK's here in AH). I enjoyed both tremendously but as always eventually "burned out". When I came back to AH I actually had no interest in considering a squad (not due to anything negative with previous ones)....but simply not knowing if I was going to stay etc.

I've found these guys to be every bit as good in all aspects. They fly well, fight right and do all possible to "take the dead & wounded" home. They also display alot of teamwork with others outside the squad. So comments regarding this obviously true incident have to be viewed as an abberation of the moment and taken in context.

From what I've seen so far the 71st is a well led bunch that would not only make a great "launchpad" for newbies....but also a good home for more experienced sticks looking for a "good home".

snaphook

couldnt have put it better myself! snaps

i've flown with many squads in my few years here but 71 is the only squad i have not got bored of. whether you're new and looking for help from more experienced pilots, of which there are many, or if you're an old stick looking for a new home, you wont find better wingmen and friends anywhere else in the game IMHO, and anyone reading this thread that is thinking about it, should definitely give one of the senior members a shout, you wont soon regret it ;)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Servo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2006, 11:44:45 AM »
Hey guys,

Great time today flying with ring and later on with bat. I have a lot fun flying with you guys (and freaking Red out with tracers over the canopy) and really think you've helped to hook me on this game again.

Thanks for inviting me to the squad!

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2006, 03:00:29 PM »
I was flying around the TA today and i met a guy named biggles. He spoke to me of this squadron and im wondering if there are any free places for a relative noob like me. Ive bin flying now for about 5 months, and flown several planes. However, like schatzi, i am particularly fond of the Hurri Mk 1 (though certainly not up 2 her standards). I have decided that it is time for me to settle down and join a squadron, and being a brit, I thought a squadron who flys british planes would be the best. I also dont mind being sent in on my own as cannon fodder, if need be. Please can you let me know, as im really interested.
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2006, 03:07:14 PM »
Originally posted by macleod01
I was flying around the TA today and i met a guy named biggles. He spoke to me of this squadron and im wondering if there are any free places for a relative noob like me. Ive bin flying now for about 5 months, and flown several planes. However, like schatzi, i am particularly fond of the Hurri Mk 1 (though certainly not up 2 her standards). I have decided that it is time for me to settle down and join a squadron, and being a brit, I thought a squadron who flys british planes would be the best. I also dont mind being sent in on my own as cannon fodder, if need be. Please can you let me know, as im really interested.

cool, hop on channel 171 and i'll try find you an invite :)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2006, 03:09:58 PM »
will do biggles, it took me ages to find this post
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2006, 04:31:23 PM »
welcome mac, you should be able to acces the squaron recruiting forum now, at the bottom of the main forums list.

S!
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]