Author Topic: Setup for 23 Dec  (Read 4038 times)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2005, 12:39:18 AM »
Originally posted by JSparrow
I like IL-2's flight models,  Aces High's Player Community and "Arena" based server, Il-2's realistic maps and airfields,  Aces High devotion to PTO as well as ETO and MTO.......but best of all, I liked WarBird's Historic Arena.  Only wish I could combine them all.

IL-2's flight and damage model, graphics, planeset and greater effects of user input.

Warbirds community of old.

A historical arena based server, with what I hope ToD is to be.

That is something I would spend good money on.

But it's just a dream.

Staying grounded I hope for a historical arena to someday return to AH.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2005, 01:04:19 AM »
Originally posted by TheBug
Grits in a skirt

Crown Queen Bug '06

Umm I thought grits always wore a skirt? Isnt thats why no one wants him in the CT anymore because he doesnt put on underware?
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2005, 04:00:53 AM »
ah that explains why you're always hittin on him:D

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2005, 04:08:48 AM »
Originally posted by JSparrow
Bear,
It WAS here once before. Not AH but WarBirds.  The Historic Arena was great.  Especially "Taget For Tonight" on thursday nights.  The reason why I no longer fly WB was that they screwed up and lost a bunch of guys during a big engine model change, or something like that.  I tryed it a while back and the players dropped so much that the HA is gone.  WB is a has been.  It was great while it lasted but didnt change because of the players.  It changed because the WB staff screwed up.

I didnt come back to try to change anything.  I tested the waters and I didnt like it.  Your right though, I may not ever find it again.  No big deal, its just a game to me now.  I wised up, lifes too short to get hiped up over a game.

I like IL-2's flight models,  Aces High's Player Community and "Arena" based server, Il-2's realistic maps and airfields,  Aces High devotion to PTO as well as ETO and MTO.......but best of all, I liked WarBird's Historic Arena.  Only wish I could combine them all.

Gonna run off back into the woods now.......
Later Guys ;)

I think what's funny is how people will debate what planes were actually there in a certain time period. I myself have seen conflicting reports of planes that flew in a particular theater at a particular time. So obviously people will go by what they've read. Obviously none of us were there so all we have to go by is what we've read or seen on TV.
Let's face it, no planeset will ever be accepted be everyone. Your going to have to allow for that. Close is probably about the best that can be hoped for. It's just not worth all the drama on the forum.

storch

Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2005, 06:51:56 AM »
one man's drama is another's lively debate.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2005, 08:06:06 AM »
Its not a skirt, its a Kilt. Havent you seen Braveheart?

storch

Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2005, 08:13:00 AM »
Originally posted by Grits
Its not a skirt, its a Kilt. Havent you seen Braveheart?
kilts have a plaid pattern you look like a van gogh :D

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2005, 09:54:51 AM »
I just wanted to say thanks to storch last night for his help with the hog.  Up until last night I couldnt last much more than a few minutes in any fight.  If I wasnt getting shot down I was stalling and smacking trees.
I flew for 3 years with combat trim on and only found out last night how much this little feature may have been hurting me rather than helping.
I told Shoulman at christmas about the problems I was having in the CT with getting kills and he said turn off the combat trim.  So last night was first time I turned it off.  Big difference with turning and control of stalls
 After Storch made some recommendations (less fuel, more flaps) I was able to get inside a zeke's turn and I even actually got a few kills.   Oh I still died alot, its hard to keep all your parts when you trying to smack a KI84 with a zeke on your tail :D  but it was fun.  

PS- I would have liked to have had a match up with C-Hog and P38 against the KI84 and Niki

storch

Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2005, 10:43:43 AM »
you are very welcome screw.  allow me a further suggestion, map your trims onto your stick if possible.  the most important one for me is elevator trim.  I use an X45 so my trims are on the throttle rotaries.  I mapped combat trim onto one of my fire buttons allowing me to cruise to a fight in combat trim and switch it off for the fight and also to activate it to hit those pesky runners at long distances without having to trim for yaw.  since i'm mostly in a 109 elevator trim is essential to keep from dirt napping.  once you become used to it's uses it really can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. well almost any ways.  I had fun in the arena with you guys last night.  I hope you will make it a regular stop.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2005, 10:55:44 AM »
Storch, I also use a X45 (my 2nd one, i totaly destroyed my first one, busted that little ring the joystick rests on :mad: ) and I tried to map my trim to the rotaries but couldnt figure it out.   After figuring out and setting up my CH pedals I was happy to have that and gave up on the trim.  

I would like to setup my rotaries because I like to fly the 109s (and P38)and if I dont pay attention to my speed I kiss the ground like a homesick sailor.   any tips on the stick setup for the saitek would be much appreciated:)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2005, 11:47:39 AM »
Originally posted by storch
kilts have a plaid pattern you look like a van gogh :D

LOL...touché. :)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2005, 11:49:59 AM »
For what its worth AirScrew, I use Combat Trim in everything but the Ki84. The key to the F4U (or any US plane for that matter) is FLAPS and lots of them.

storch

Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2005, 12:27:14 PM »
Originally posted by Airscrew
Storch, I also use a X45 (my 2nd one, i totaly destroyed my first one, busted that little ring the joystick rests on :mad: ) and I tried to map my trim to the rotaries but couldnt figure it out.   After figuring out and setting up my CH pedals I was happy to have that and gave up on the trim.  

I would like to setup my rotaries because I like to fly the 109s (and P38)and if I dont pay attention to my speed I kiss the ground like a homesick sailor.   any tips on the stick setup for the saitek would be much appreciated:)
I use eagler's profiles perhaps he will email them to you.  if not a call to skuzzy will quickly help in setting them up.  if not if you see me on tonight perhaps we can muddle through it on line.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2005, 01:23:01 PM »
thanks Storch,  I'll recheck Eagler's stuff,  his is what I used to get my rudder pedals working, I didnt think to look at his stick setup.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2005, 01:55:58 PM »
Grits, the way it was explained to me was combat trim makes minute adjustments to your trim as your flying which normally isnt a problem, but I was told that if you disable combat trim you'll get better turn performance, less wing stalls, and your reverses will be better.   Last night was the first time I turned it off while online and it seemed to make a difference for me.  
Time will tell.
As far as the flaps go, I used flaps before but I only did 1 or 2 notches, last night I used the flaps all the way down and almost got a couple of zekes and a KI or two to overshoot me, I just wasnt quick enough to get my guns on them.