Author Topic: Setup for 23 Dec  (Read 4007 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2005, 04:22:50 PM »
Originally posted by storch
well thanks for the comments, how about addressing the issues I've brought up and leaving personal feelings out of the equation for once.

I did address your baseless accusations.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2005, 04:27:37 PM »
clearly you fail to understand that it's not about *me* as I don't participate in the arena much. it's about why not take a little time amongst yourselves to discuss (prior to posting) what the set up will be and how it's likely to play out.  what you have done is set an example validating what the axis players have said all along, namely that there is a definite bias in favor of the allied players.  this is not the first time that something of this nature has occurred in the arena either. how do you refute this accusation now?

I've flown axis for years and I've never bought into the allied bias thing, niether in the planes or the planesets. There is a difference between fair planesets and historical planesets. The CT is supposed to be historical and the planes should reflect that. If you are in a squad that is exclusively allied or axis then you have to be willing to accept that your planes will not always have a performance advantage over your opponent depending on the time frame of the map. That is why, as in WWII, tactics had to be developed to either take advantage of your planes strengths or it's weakness's. Obviously not all want that kind of restriction thus you have the MA.:aok

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2005, 04:30:57 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
OK I wanna be a CT staff member. I love the CT and all it stands for. I have more of my time to put into working as a staff member then anyone else. And I can be nice when I want to be.

You were on the Staff for less than 3 weeks before you "quit" AH.  If you want on send me an email and it will be discussed by the Staff and HTC.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2005, 04:37:52 PM »
Originally posted by Bear76
I've flown axis for years and I've never bought into the allied bias thing, niether in the planes or the planesets. There is a difference between fair planesets and historical planesets. The CT is supposed to be historical and the planes should reflect that. If you are in a squad that is exclusively allied or axis then you have to be willing to accept that your planes will not always have a performance advantage over your opponent depending on the time frame of the map. That is why, as in WWII, tactics had to be developed to either take advantage of your planes strengths or it's weakness's. Obviously not all want that kind of restriction thus you have the MA.:aok

Bam! Nailed it.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2005, 04:38:50 PM »
the argument that you guys do this for free doesn't wash.  if you accept the responsibility to do a job you should do it.  not "I'll do the best I can" you either do it or you don't. if you don't then you are no good at that job. it seems to me that best some folks can do isn't good enough.  I often have to dismiss people who are clearly doing the best they can because their best just isn't up to our standards.  the same should apply anywhere.  even to voluntary positions.

*sigh*

Really sorry you feel this way, Storch, but even sorrier that you posted this.  There is only a handful of active staffers left, and there really wasn't a need to denigrate the contribution we make in order to support your argument that setups could be thought out more before they're posted.

In this particular instance, we did talk back and forth about adding or deleting different planes, as we almost always do.  As often happens, we though the reality could be adjusted to good effect instead of blindly adhering to the theory.  So adjustments were made after the setup was first loaded.  There's no harm in that that I see, and none that you've pointed out.

It appears to me that you find little or no value in staffers' contributions of their time - often at very bad times, such as Friday mornings, or when their wives are pregnant or their kids are sick - if it doesn't produce a polished finished product.  I think you're being unrealistic to expect that sort of performance.
The original staffers who started the CT all burned out and left, as have many since then.  You might just consider being a bit more appreciative of the service you get, even if it isn't perfect.

- oldman

storch

Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2005, 04:41:03 PM »
people burn out and it's a thankless job to be sure.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2005, 04:49:24 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
You were on the Staff for less than 3 weeks before you "quit" AH.  If you want on send me an email and it will be discussed by the Staff and HTC.

Yep and I deleted my account and "quit" for about a month. After playing IL2 and WB and didnt like it I came back.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2005, 05:12:04 PM »
Three more days and the guillotines won't be able to keep up.  I'll give you a real conspiracy worth talking about.

Although I see Knighthoods in Bear's and Shifty's future.

Crown Bug '06 :aok
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2005, 06:10:48 PM »
Dont forget Bug, in the end Robespierre, the man who set it all in motion, also had a date with Madame Guillotine.

Offline JSparrow

• Zinc Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2005, 06:17:31 PM »
Originally posted by 1Duke1
Though not a "historical" setup, wanted to push "historical" tactics.....ie....you don't fight a zeke or frank without a little teamwork.

Nice thought but this needs to be in the DA as well as removeing all the bombers from the plane set.

Is the CT moving, or has it moved away from the Historic planesets?
Booooooo!!!! Bad form!

If you want these guys to learn tactics, I am sure Shane would fly with them in the DA.  

Bring back the historic plane sets.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2005, 06:26:51 PM »
Originally posted by JSparrow

Is the CT moving, or has it moved away from the Historic planesets?
Booooooo!!!! Bad form!

Bring back the historic plane sets.

How is the planset not "historic"?

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2005, 07:22:17 PM »
AckMaggie is just mad becuase he cant fly his quad 20mm ackchair.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

storch

Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2005, 07:30:22 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
How is the planset not "historic"?
no way you are being serious.  F4U-1 = 1943 Ki84 N1k2-J = 1944/45.  in reality it should be F4U-4/F6F-5 that's how it's not historic.  The FM2 which you guys didn't want to put in at first is the other actual blue plane that is historic.  I would have at least placed the 1-D.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2005, 08:02:49 PM »
Originally posted by Larry

Remember ,,, you can be nice if you want to.:rofl

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Setup for 23 Dec
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2005, 08:28:22 PM »
no way you are being serious.  F4U-1 = 1943 Ki84 N1k2-J = 1944/45.  in reality it should be F4U-4/F6F-5 that's how it's not historic.  The FM2 which you guys didn't want to put in at first is the other actual blue plane that is historic.  I would have at least placed the 1-D.

Yeah, F4U-4. You wouldnt have said a word:rolleyes:

[/B]

He likes the field guns????:huh