Author Topic: Ditch Model Explained.....  (Read 654 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Ditch Model Explained.....
« on: December 28, 2005, 01:02:04 PM »
Come I please get some explanation (however you spell it) of why are ditch model is what it is...I know this is a rant thats been beaten to death, but I just think the model is so fluffied up...I landed a Yak today with four kills, and at the end of my landing gave up effort and torqued out and skidded to a top literally feet off the pavement of the runway and got a ditch...Its Bull, and not anywhere close to historically accurate...So why is the awful ditch model like it is...What can we expect in the future?  What are Hitechs past comments on the subject...and dare I say what are hitechs current opinions, because not like he would ever answer a thread from me...EVER although I have been a paying costumer for 2+ years now so itd be really nice to answer one thread and shut  me up

good day

cav
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 01:22:50 PM »
So the problem is, as I read it, that you are ticked off you lost some points?

The game isn't historically accurate in a zillion ways.  Then again it's a game where we fly pretend WW2 planes against other pretend WW2 planes in an environment where no one really dies and planes are free.

So where do we start on the historically accurate part? :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 01:23:02 PM »
Cav58d, let me help you out a little bit  by breaking down your rant (your words)

I landed a Yak today with four kills, ( I think you meant to say attempted to land  ;) )
and at the end of my landing gave up effort (Was lazy and didn't fell like finishing the flight)
and torqued out and skidded to a top literally feet off the pavement of the runway and got a ditch (thats what happens when you miss the flightline)
..Its Bull, (I didnt get my name in lights so everyone could see how uber I was in the Yak, :cry  no WTGs for me
and not anywhere close to historically accurate (because we know your all about historical accuracy which is why you gave up on your landing, all pilots did that in WW2 and they still do it today)
So why is the awful ditch model like it is (just to piss you off)
What can we expect in the future? (More Ditches)  
What are Hitechs past comments on the subject. (search the bbs)
and dare I say what are hitechs current opinions, because not like he would ever answer a thread from me...EVER although I have been a paying costumer for 2+ years now so itd be really nice to answer one thread and shut me up (thats right Hitech has a list of all his paying customers and visits the boards each day to visit and answer their rants :rolleyes:

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 01:27:52 PM »
Several have mentioned the "why do you have to be on the runway" thing, -- well I believe it's been brought up before that HT's said "this makes it more challenging" -- and it is.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 01:37:03 PM »
In the past, he said, basically, that since landing is pretty simple, the only way to put any emphasis on a proper runway landing, is to reward only those who do land on the runway, properly.

Just land on the concrete, knowing fully well that's the only way you'll get your successful landing. By the hangars, on a V base, on the runway, but always on the concrete, and only on the concrete.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 01:37:41 PM »
Paraprase;

I screwed up a landing.

Ill blame HT for it, yea thats the ticket.

Cav is still his own worst enemy when it comes to getting his questions answered.

It might help if you post a question instead of a rant if you realy wish an answere. Other wise Ill just respond or not with a post worthy of your "Question"
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 01:40:37 PM by hitech »

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 02:05:55 PM »
I am not blaming you Hitech...I am asking why the model is what it is....Will this be a permenant model?  Is there any talk within the HTC crew of changing the model etc?  I understand that this model is most likely used because people would exploit a "safe landing" anywhere on the airfield when in a fight, but is there any way around it?  (is this better HT)
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 02:12:32 PM »
No cav there realy isn't a way around it. You have to draw a line some where.  You just happend to mess up and cross the line, changing the line will not change that fact, nor would it change the complaints about when people happen to cross the line.

2nd we have the line where it is, because it does make "LANDING" a damage plane a challenge. With out the challange the good feeling of acomplishment is not there.

HiTech

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2005, 02:25:53 PM »
----------------------------------
One morning in grapevine

Pyro: Heya Skuzzy what ya doing
Skuzzy: I was going to ask Hitech for a payrise
Pyro: Was.....
Skuzzy: Well he was in such a good mood after Xmas and I figured now was the best time to do it.
Pyro: Go on... ?
Skuzzy: Well I went into the office and told him, he said yep just let me check the forums and we will discuss figures
Pyro: So how much did ya get ?
Skuzzy: Well he started in the TOD forum and went all Red, he switched to the general forum and began mumbling to himself
Pyro: And..?
Skuzzy: Well I finish on Tuesday

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2005, 02:29:11 PM »
Originally posted by mussie
One morning in grapevine

Pyro: Heya Skuzzy what ya doing
Skuzzy: I was going to ask Hitech for a payrise
Pyro: Was.....
Skuzzy: Well he was in such a good mood after Xmas and I figured now was the best time to do it.
Pyro: Go on... ?
Skuzzy: Well I went into the office and told him, he said yep just let me check the forums and we will discuss figures
Pyro: So how much did ya get ?
Skuzzy: Well he started in the TOD forum and went all Red, he switched to the general forum and began mumbling to himself
Pyro: And..?
Skuzzy: Well I finish on Tuesday
:rofl :aok
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2005, 02:33:33 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
No cav there realy isn't a way around it. You have to draw a line some where.  You just happend to mess up and cross the line, changing the line will not change that fact, nor would it change the complaints about when people happen to cross the line.

2nd we have the line where it is, because it does make "LANDING" a damage plane a challenge. With out the challange the good feeling of acomplishment is not there.

HiTech

Cav, two things man.  First, you rattle the cage in here, especially towards the man himself: "Demanding Answers!"   Bottom line?  I have lost so many perks in the last 3 years with disco's while in 262's, 163's etc.  

I like the way things are, you finish the job you started, you are rewarded.  

<> HTC   Happy Holidays to the Staff

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2005, 03:16:21 PM »
HITECH thanks for responding to my post...I think I finally know how to write posts that warrant responces now...
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2005, 03:32:17 PM »
The secret cav, is to NOT post when you are mad, frustrated, angry etc.

Your underlying reason for asking was there inside the rant.  I blew my landing, and lost some points/perks.

Not a good enough reason to ask the question.  You messed up within the parameters you knew were already there :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2005, 04:17:26 PM »
Strange thing is -
You can dump a plane ANYWHERE within the port confines and get a good landing.
Yet for a V Base has to be on the pad.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2005, 04:32:25 PM »
Hey thanks for the info Kev.. I'll fly only within gliding limits of ports from now on. :D
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone