Author Topic: what is your favorite AH moment?  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Billy Joe Bob

• Nickel Member
what is your favorite AH moment?
« on: January 01, 2006, 06:53:14 PM »
on h2h *you should know me by know* i was in a betty and all my planes were shot down but i bailed and opened my chute. i think the other pilot was Frothy1. this was after the handgun patch. i was floating down and saw him flying away. After which i ssaid " Get back here! I'm not done with you!" and he turns back, buzzes me while firing. he doesn't hit me but i hit him with my last handgun round and his tail snaps off! turns out i had hit him in the tail just enough so that one more round would tear it off.

i still couldnt believe that happened even after he went down. the last thing i saw of him during that fight was the stump of the tail that attaches to the fuselage floating down.

:rofl

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 07:16:30 PM »
did you have leathality up on your bullets?

My favorite was way back, probably 2-3 years ago in AH1. Bish ran a mission to our base with B26s. It was probably 2-3am and myself and XtrmeJ were trying to deffend this one base against 20 or so B26 formations that turned into vulchers after they let their bombs go. Well, some of them started landing on the runway and were vulching us from their gunners positions as we tried to get up.

Rather than keep rolling from a capped base, we rolled 262's from the next base out to clean up our field. When we got to the base and opend up on the landed B26s at the field XJ let out this high pitched battle scream that lasted for a good 30 or so seconds and I nearly wet my pants from laughing so hard. Now for many this probably isnt very funny. But you would have to know who XJ is to understand how incredibly funny it was. I miss XJ. :(
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Billy Joe Bob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 07:21:24 PM »
nope lethality was normal..... do you know this one ffa map with 2 HQs it has 2 fields really high up and the whole island is sheped like a rectangle. you may not do h2h at all i dont know but that was the map it was on.

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 09:47:14 PM »
Blacking out in an FM2 (? might have been a 1-D) as I was landing on the CV only to wake up sitting on the flight deck missing most of the plane.....

.EF

Landing successful

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 09:58:20 PM »
I was flying around really drunk, then started to throw up beer and peanuts all over my keyboard.

I woke up about 5 hours later with my pants off. There was a dog and some dead goldfish on my bed. That was probably my best moment in Ah.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 10:09:27 PM »
My most favorite moment was a coupl months back, when I and Hub launched a troll on 200 about Hillary being a good candidate for president, the second ammendment needing to be repealed, and that the US leadership should be tried for war crimes over the illegal occupation of Iraq.

I never received so many death threats in PM ever!  I laughed my arse off the whole time, especially considering that 90% that were threatening me were hardcore advocates of free speech!

Ahh, the simple things!
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 12:51:50 AM »
That one time when I actually landed. That was cool. :D
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 02:02:20 AM »
Originally posted by NUKE

I woke up about 5 hours later with my pants off. There was a dog and some dead goldfish on my bed. That was probably my best moment in Ah.

Eeeewwwww yuk!!  :confused: :huh :rolleyes:
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline hogenbor

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.lookupinwonder.nl
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 04:40:21 AM »
Taking off with a full fuselage tank in a P-51 because there were no droptanks available. Ran into two vulching N1K2's with far too much fuel left in the aux tank to be able to fight them. I started a high speed shallow climb to get above the Nikis but then my mum called me on the phone. Set autopilot and talked to my mum for a good few minutes :D

When I got back one of the N1K2's was still following me but falling far behind, and we were way up high. On radar I saw that his compadre was still hovering over the field they had been vulching, but was now returning to base. I reversed and tried to catch him. When I dove down I left the Niki that had been shadowing me far behind, beyond icon range. The other one never suspected a P-51 coming in at nearly 600mph and I cleanly blew him out of the sky. The N1K2 left still wouldn't give up but by now I was dangerously low on fuel. I reversed again and met him back over the field where he again had started vulching. I got him with a nice front quarter shot, glided in without fuel and landed two kills.

Then the real fun started. The two guys I had shot down were calling me names on Channel1, callling me a coward that didn't want to fight them, you know the drill. Needless to say, it is pointless to fight two Niki's close in with a heavy P-51 but still I killed them both by fighting my fight. First time people ever swore at me for shooting them down. Great.

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 07:02:48 AM »
It was a fine morning in the main arena. Any activity was mostly 'tip and run' raiders from across the channel on the next island. So I signed out a Spitfire IX and took off climbing and circling the field into the clouds floating above. All the while keeping an eye out for any rogue raiders flashing across the water.

It was really quite enjoyable to fly for the sake of it for a change rather than become engaged in a hectic fight right after take off. Eventually I found myself just above the cloud when suddenly I caught a glimspe of something just below me. It disappeared for a moment, then I saw it again. It was an FW190 just above the cloud. So I tightened my virtual straps and flipped my virtual gun switch to on and dived after him.  He soon saw me and dived back into the cloud. Soon we became involved in a diving rolling scissors in the middle of the cloud from which neither of us could get a shot off. Half the time I could hardly see him.

Eventually we popped out the cloud and he fled across the channel. I chased him for a bit but soon saw some bogeys approaching. 'Time to go' I thought and returned to base. Not a shot fired.

So what was memorable about that? Basically because it felt very real. It was no longer a simple computer game. For a single moment, there was a suspension of disbelief and I was in a Spitfire chasing a Focke Wulf somewhere over the English channel in 1942. I've read many books of fighter pilot's experiences and many went like that. A routine flight, an inconclusive tussle with another fighter and home in time for tea!

Another memorable mission was when I emulated Chuck Yeager's and Bud Anderson's last mission of the war. Which was in fact just a tour of Europe. I took a fully fuelled up Mustang and simply toured the entire map. Got chased a few times and even got a kill. But the fun was just in the flying.

This may only be simple game with cartoon aeroplanes but sometimes it hits the right spot.

storch

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 07:26:53 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 02:38:27 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 07:43:53 AM »
If shooting me down in this game made someone's top moment ever in years of playing, I can honestly say that makes me ecstatic.  :aok

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2006, 07:59:36 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 02:38:56 PM by Skuzzy »
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

storch

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2006, 08:16:09 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 02:39:08 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2006, 08:49:48 AM »
I miss XJ too...
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.