Author Topic: vehicle art  (Read 337 times)

Offline muffdvr

• Zinc Member
vehicle art
« on: January 02, 2006, 10:30:50 PM »
been looking for an emblem for my tank/plane and was wondering how do you get it on your vehicle?

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
vehicle art
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 10:58:08 PM »
its your squad art

BTW Great id "muffdvr" hehe

Offline muffdvr

• Zinc Member
vehicle art
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 01:55:52 AM »
BTW Great id "muffdvr" hehe [/B][/QUOTE]

ty:D  Had the id since the first Aces, use to be my login id.  Wish I could use my old game name (komakazie), it better suited my form of game play.

To make a squad you have to have atleast two people right.  Ounce you get that part how do you get your design to proper size and all?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 01:59:12 AM by muffdvr »

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
vehicle art
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 02:01:16 AM »
not sure on details about the squad setup but I am sure some one will know

Offline muffdvr

• Zinc Member
vehicle art
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 02:10:17 AM »
All right i'll see if someone else knows.  Thanks mussie, maybe see you on the game.  Friend or foe anyway.:)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
vehicle art
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 05:06:17 AM »
in your C:\HTC\AcesHighII\squads\  folder:   you will see all the different squads patches/insignia's.......

open a few of them up and view their properties , you will see they are all the same size, usually 64 x 64 pixels and 5.05KB in file size.........note changing the dots resolution will change the actual width/heigth in inches- but most are resolution of 73  to 96........... also save as 256 color bitmap

hmm.is all can think of now

good luck!

squad setup - invite someone to join you, they don't have to stay with you, they can withdraw or be ejected by you , but is how ya get a squad setup, then go to the O'Club click on squads rename your squad , log out then back in to the Arena for it to take effect and show up on the roster, also this is where you upload your squad insignia
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 05:08:40 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
vehicle art
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 06:38:12 AM »
Also if you want the unused portion of your noseart to blend into the plane/gv you need to set it to a certain shade of grey, its 127,127,127 IIRC.

Offline muffdvr

• Zinc Member
vehicle art
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 12:13:52 AM »
Were do you do the blending at?,  I got my insignia to 64x64 pixel finally.  Thought about doing my own skin coloring, what do I need to do to get started on that?