Author Topic: WWIIOL for sale in e-bay  (Read 3090 times)

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2001, 08:54:00 PM »
35% of 3600 is 1260. 1260 out of the 40,000 or so that bought the game. :razz: But as of now we don't know if that server even HOLDS 3600 people. And wasn't the one world supposed to hold 10,000 people?

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2001, 09:15:00 PM »
Gadfly-

Would be interested to get your perspective on the game balance right now. That was the straw on this camel's back. I ain't waiting anymore for "soon" and "1.30". I also don't intend to read another arrogant Axis player tell the Allies how to play smarter.

Those "boyz" can have their game. Even Hatch tonight was telling the Allies to get organized. Man, that guy is a putz.

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2001, 10:15:00 PM »
Here is my take on it:

I log in, locate a battle somewhere and join.  I talk to whoever is there and we attack as a gaggle, sometimes with a wingy.

I'm just a poor old foot soldier, don't know or care the big picture, just my own little slice of it while I'm logged on.  And It is fun as hell.

'cest la vive'

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2001, 10:51:00 PM »
Wish I could do it like that. Just had my fill of the forums and the lopsided play. I won't enumerate the problems I found, suffice to say it wasn't... satisfactory.

Hope you have fun, sincerely. Not my cup of tea. S!

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2001, 11:22:00 PM »
There is the key Gadfly..you play inf.

I want to be in a tank but tanks are frowned on unless you play axis and even then you have to join some snot nose general wannabe's mission. If you are lucky enough to get in because of spawn limits you get killed by a short burst from an inf MG.

Fun right?

The game had a lot of potential but CRS showed they weren't capable of providing what they sold us and they continue to screw people.

WWIIO should be renamed Quake IV: We like Axis best.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2001, 04:20:00 AM »
Originally posted by Mighty1:
I want to be in a tank but tanks are frowned on unless you play axis.

Accept it Mighty1, the axis had at this point 1940 the better Equipment (Tanks).
The Allied have to fight with what they had, simply as that. Join the Axis if you can't fight with allies tanks. But wait till the US joins
with theyr equipment  ;)
Well i wait for my Jagdpanther anyway! hehe
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2001, 04:44:00 AM »
Take your whining to wwiiol boards where it belongs.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2001, 05:29:00 AM »
LMAO @ Gadfly... I poked my head into the ww2ol forums the other day to see how things were going over there (I still hope they might have fixed it finally).

Well... every third thread was about "CTDs". Man it was ruthless. Anyone that criticized CRS was stomped on heavily by the cheerleaders.

Gadfly, your pissing into the wind dude. You may enjoy it, but we do know what the real story is there.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2001, 07:20:00 AM »
I have no intention of kicking this up here, Staga. The guys here that want to read it there do, the ones that don't want to won't want to hear it here. Suffice to say I have been labeled a whiner there for stating my view.

Not sure if you meant me.   :)

[ 10-09-2001: Message edited by: Kieran ]

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2001, 07:32:00 AM »
Originally posted by Gh0stFT:

Accept it Mighty1, the axis had at this point 1940 the better Equipment (Tanks).

The axis were having the better equipement availlable ,not the better overall read about the Somua S35 and the D520 or the Block 155.

The german were also using better tactics than the allied ...

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2001, 09:10:00 AM »
Originally posted by Staga:
Take your whining to wwiiol boards where it belongs.

it's ok to bash it here though, right Staga?   :D
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2001, 10:23:00 AM »
The first mistake you are making is to even bother with their boards.  Why would look for information there, and what would that have to do with the game?

Play the game, it is fun, and now with the spawn limitations(there are no limits), it is even better.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2001, 11:03:00 AM »
Well Gadfly, I suppose the first reason anyone would go there is quite simply because the documentation supplied with the game isn't worth toejam.  Of course, there isn't really another alternative to getting info necessary to play the game... so... you must endure the hell that is the CRS bbs.

I still remember how deeply I had to dig to find out if you loaded the game into the "Program Files" directory, it wouldn't let you log on.  People were much to concerned with denying there were any problems and arguing about it than actually finding solutions.

Ah well... there must be a reason we don't go there, but you keep returning here.

AKDejaVu

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2001, 11:04:00 AM »
Here is my prob with that; I do see gameplay issues that prevent me from having fun there. E-mails to CRS are fruitless because:

1. Nothing is ever their fault;
2. There aren't any problems(!) to begin with, and;
3. They won't answer the mail anyway.

So you see, I walk away or I attempt to wade into their boards. As you well know, the elite bodyguard will wrestle you to the ground if you make any attempt to criticize CRS. In my case the fantacism stirred a reaction in me I should have avoided. I eventually opted to walk away even as CRS is once again pointing at the player base as the source of problems.

Seriously though, those are my personal views and you may not share them. I certainly don't wish to make the same arguments here, because these guys don't need to hear it.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
WWIIOL for sale in e-bay
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2001, 12:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kieran:
because these guys don't need to hear it.

then we don't have to read it.   ;)  this is an off-topic forum, is it not?  Meaning Aces High players can discuss anything and everything here.  If someone doesn't want to hear your views on WWIIOL, then they don't open the thread.  Same with those that don't like baseball or college football.   :)  If you don't want to share your views because you just don't want to, that's fine.  Honestly, I like hearing other AH players' viewpoints on WWIIOL.  Guess I'm the weirdo around here though.  lol
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.