Author Topic: this set up  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
this set up
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2006, 11:02:49 PM »
Originally posted by KONG1
For Grits:
Doesn't matter where, just get help.

Peace

Thats good advice Dr. KONG, but you mistakenly posted it in the CT forum and not the JG54 squad forum, a couple of your squaddies need it more than I. Spare me your Oprah/Dr. Phil psycho-babble.

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
this set up
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2006, 11:45:41 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
Thats good advice Dr. KONG, but you mistakenly posted it in the CT forum and not the JG54 squad forum, a couple of your squaddies need it more than I.

That’s very interesting.  How does that make you feel?
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
this set up
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2006, 12:05:53 AM »
Not very clever Dr. Phil.

storch

this set up
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2006, 06:31:15 AM »
once again there were some pretty good fights in the arena last night.  It's a shame you guys can't do something about the GVs being left out on the axis side but the down times on the buildings does make it very difficult for bases to be taken so that aspect is working well.  The other annoying thing on this map in particular is the allied fleets being perpetually parked off the axis airfields.  many of us were killed more by the fleet ack than another thing.  that gets old pretty fast.  is there any way to prevent the fleets from beaching?

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
this set up
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2006, 07:01:14 AM »
Why not enable the F4U, and FM2 from land bases , and lose the fleets??

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

storch

this set up
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2006, 07:20:38 AM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Why not enable the F4U, and FM2 from land bases , and lose the fleets??
great idea, even add a base or two on okinawa.  that makes for some nice close fights. my arse still smarts from all that chewing you did on it last night

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
this set up
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2006, 08:29:33 AM »
Originally posted by storch
great idea, even add a base or two on okinawa.  that makes for some nice close fights. my arse still smarts from all that chewing you did on it last night

Yeah well your KI61 was the only thing I could catch.  Then when I did manage to catch you, two times you were at a 3 to 1 disadvantage , and usually had shot holes in at least two of us. I was just benefiting from numbers. I only got bullets into one Ki-84 last night , and then he turned the tables and clobbered me. My girlfriend said I was screaming watch out for the Frank in my sleep last night.

My carcass might be hanging from the base water tower soon. My squad's not too impressed with me putting them in P-47s against
all those Ki-84's.:lol

Sometimes you just gotta bend over and take it like a man.:O

Good fights JG54, as always.

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

storch

this set up
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2006, 08:46:42 AM »
yes I agree, good fights.  I didn't used to think so, but that Ki84 in the right hands is a monster.  it must not have been too much fun for you guys. still, the best way to learn is to be in inferior performing stuff, with the exception of the FM2 the allied planes were just that in this plane set.   78th you don't run away.  for me it was fun fighting against a few planes it beat chasing all them others into their ack.  I don't think I landed many kills last night but I enjoyed myself a lot.  wonton made a comment about us not letting you guys up.  I looked to me like we were well out of ack range and never above 3k but seeing how you guys were in jugs maybe we should have given you more room.  hopefully we'll see you guys on tonight.  your guys are coming along it won't be long now.

Offline wonton

• Zinc Member
this set up
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2006, 08:56:48 AM »
yes I agree, good fights.  I didn't used to think so, but that Ki84 in the right hands is a monster.  it must not have been too much fun for you guys. still, the best way to learn is to be in inferior performing stuff, with the exception of the FM2 the allied planes were just that in this plane set.   78th you don't run away.  for me it was fun fighting against a few planes it beat chasing all them others into their ack.  I don't think I landed many kills last night but I enjoyed myself a lot.  wonton made a comment about us not letting you guys up.  I looked to me like we were well out of ack range and never above 3k but seeing how you guys were in jugs maybe we should have given you more room.  hopefully we'll see you guys on tonight.  your guys are coming along it won't be long now.

I was just making a joke, I couldn't stay up for more than 30 seconds which was my fault for trying 3 times in a row from the same base. I think my exact words were "Ok, I get it, we're not allowed to take off :)" I didn't really mean that you guys were vulching, it was more that I was jumping into the fight too quickly rather than giving myself a few seconds in the ack to get some alt. Words of self-frustration, to be sure. I should have tuned my radio to myself, I suppose :)

Good fights nonetheless, I just have a lot to learn about the P-47.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
this set up
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2006, 09:47:12 AM »

I always thought the PTO's needed the Ki-84 way back when. Of course I was in the 27th Sentai then:D  The p-51 might fare better but your guys have the Frank flying down cold. I have not tried the Frank yet. From what I've heard, yes it's a monster, but it still requires skill to fly. It seems your guys have managed to overcome any quirks it has, and employ it with great skill. After our second mission there was no need to climb into lunar orbit again and take 30 minutes to engage. Our really new guys need gunnery work, heck we all do. If we could hit a few Ki84s and whittle em down a bit we migeht fare better. But we gotta hit em first.

We knew we were going to get our teeth kicked in upping from A18, but it was time to just go fight and have some fun, and let the newer guys shoot at something, at least once. I think wonton was making more of a joke about the outcome of the fights more then vulching. Besides if your vulched on takeoff , you really only have yourself to blame.

Offline Sundiver

• Copper Member
this set up
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2006, 10:15:18 AM »
The 84 requires a real light touch on the stick, alot like the 61. If you go horsing it around the sky you'll be hearing the stall horn alot and bordering on spins. The 84 benefits alot from a notch of flaps especially over the top. I've also found that hauling in a notch of flaps helps me avoid blacking out in one on the hard turns.

You guys in those 38's last night were amazing, really gave me a hard time. Duke in his Corsair. Well, enough said, it's Duke.

Macchi.

storch

this set up
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2006, 12:29:11 PM »
I do ok with the 61 but the 84 confounds me.  the real good guys in the 84 in our squad are anyone but me.  :D

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
this set up
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2006, 01:20:28 PM »
I think the P-47D25 vs the Tony would probably be a good fight.  If we could get a few kills on the Ki84s at the start of an engagement with the P-47s it still might be a good fight. If you don't kill any of the 84s quickly though  it just keeps getting worse for the jug drivers. It's like trying fight a pack of wolves armed with a shot putt. At low level anyway. Above 22K it might be different where the P-47 shines. I don't think the IJAAF, or IJN ever showed any interest in operating that high, unless they were trying to intercept B-29s.

Ethier way it's still fun to see that many planes going at it. We'll see you guys thursday night.:aok

Offline gear

• Silver Member
this set up
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2006, 04:34:45 PM »
heh, an hour huh? well wtg then the stuff does pop back up quickly.  how many guys did it take you?

It took 3 of us 1 to keep the ack down and 2 flyn goons from a18.
While the IJN kept engaging our air cap. on our 2nd attemt we finnaly got it.

storch

this set up
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2006, 07:25:55 AM »
three guys.  well at least it required team work.  I saw that it was back in axis hands last night.