Author Topic: this set up  (Read 1809 times)

storch

this set up
« on: January 08, 2006, 11:39:18 AM »
has been fun.  mostly due to the players that have been frequenting the arena.  thanks for the challenging fights last night TC and yeager52, I logged off at 0234 because I could barely keep my eyes open.  I don't believe I was still BS'n that early into today. time literally flew    great work in that A20 TC.  I was awed by your skill, it gives me something to shoot for.  I hope to see you two in red again soon.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
this set up
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 11:59:24 AM »
is amazing how time flys when ya having fun :)

I logged shortly after you, was prob 0300 or so.

enjoyed the fights, you no slouch in the ki61, storch

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
this set up
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 11:01:09 PM »
What exactly are the Damage Settings and Down times set for on this set-Up?

A couple of squadies and myself met up tonight to fly and found no Axis on so we decided to do a few A2G runs to stay in practice. Took our P-47's in dropped two 1000 pdrs. on the Bomber Hangar and took it out. Before I could turn and set up for a rocket run IT WAS BACK UP AGAIN!   :O

Is this a mistake, problem with the arena or was it actually set this way? Hopefully it is a bug. If not - come on guys, you take any chance for the enemy to take out targets and you pretty much limit this to being a "Furball Arena."
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
this set up
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 11:35:40 PM »
I think it is set that way because certain dedicated llamas make it their sole bidnez to pork the arena (even if other players are on, and especially when no other players are on).

storch

this set up
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 11:54:37 PM »
I advocate maximum target hardness, a down time of at least two hours and 100 troops to capture.  that should keep the milkers at bay and if they succeed they deserve the capture.  it would also encourage team participation.  two bananas with nothing to do would take a long time to do it twice in one session.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 11:56:47 PM by storch »

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
this set up
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 09:21:14 AM »
We'll check the settings to see what's up... :eek:
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
this set up
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 01:39:47 PM »
Would seem to me that the CT, due to its porkiness, should simply have base capture disabled.  Enable everything else.

PS Storch, tell me about that last kill you got on me...something seemed wierd about it.  What plane were you in?  I was the kee84
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline gear

• Silver Member
this set up
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 03:20:28 PM »
Nothing is wrong with the down times,there are a buch of combat enginers
wound up on high strength caffine pills.:aok

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
this set up
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 04:31:51 PM »
Listen to Storch, or Yeager on this one. Maybe make base captures more of a challenge, by requiring more troops like Storch said.  Or allow a base to be knnocked out of commision but not captured like yeager said. But two minute re-build times are BS.

JMHO, but there needs to be more then just furballing, if you want to attract more than furballers. I know you guys are trying to experiment to find the best solutions for the arena. I don't see limiting  forms of combat, other then furballing a good choice though. Theres always going to be Mid night milkers, vulchers, and ack aces.  Up the ack , make it a least 30 troops to capture a base , and let the war go on.:aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

storch

this set up
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 05:51:53 PM »
yeager, buddy.  if you mean last night I spent the whole time in a Ki61.  earlier in the day on sunday I was in an A20 or attempting to entice some timid guys into coming down  from the yeagerjoedogosphere by flying a goon down low. :D

Offline gear

• Silver Member
this set up
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 08:17:59 PM »
When asked why he was referred to as 'Ace':
Because during World War Two I was responsible for the destruction of six aircraft, fortunately three were enemy.

If helicopters are so safe, how come there are no vintage/classic helicopter fly-ins?

Offline Phaser11

• Silver Member
this set up
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 10:46:24 AM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Listen to Storch, or Yeager on this one. Maybe make base captures more of a challenge, by requiring more troops like Storch said.  Or allow a base to be knnocked out of commision but not captured like yeager said. But two minute re-build times are BS.

JMHO, but there needs to be more then just furballing, if you want to attract more than furballers. I know you guys are trying to experiment to find the best solutions for the arena. I don't see limiting  forms of combat, other then furballing a good choice though. Theres always going to be Mid night milkers, vulchers, and ack aces.  Up the ack , make it a least 30 troops to capture a base , and let the war go on.:aok

WHAT! :confused:
 Then we'll have to work as a team, plan thing and routs and timing and stuff. We would have to takeoff on secret recon missions, find the best targets. Squad leaders would have to contact eachother and set mission dates.

Boy it sure would be cool if there was a game like that! :cry
Phaser11,

"Long time we no get drunk together nathen"
"Silence! I kill you"

storch

this set up
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 10:54:12 AM »
Originally posted by Phaser11
WHAT! :confused:
 Then we'll have to work as a team, plan thing and routs and timing and stuff. We would have to takeoff on secret recon missions, find the best targets. Squad leaders would have to contact eachother and set mission dates.

Boy it sure would be cool if there was a game like that! :cry
we had that at one time it was was called JG3 and it absolutely ruled the CT.  it has a galvanizing effect and we got clobbered on the BBS and the text buffer for working well together though.  kinda like what some people do to JG54 now.  except the players and leadership of JG3 were worried about their "reputations" and having "class"  we in JG54 couldn't give a rat's bellybutton about any of that. we are perfectly happy to be brigands dedicated to the time honored principals of cartoon rape, pillage and destroy.  now if we could only find some opposition in the CT.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
this set up
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 10:58:23 AM »
VF-27 owned JG3.  Fact.

storch

this set up
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006, 11:01:35 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
VF-27 owned JG3.  Fact.
in your weak and disheveled mind.