Author Topic: Video Glitch requires complete reinstall  (Read 339 times)

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
Video Glitch requires complete reinstall
« on: January 09, 2006, 10:01:25 PM »
Talking with several folk in the arena this evening seems a problem I suffered 3 or 4 days ago is common.

I was adjusting my GAMMA setting (in the AH Setup Menu) when my screen went brillant white and that was all she wrote.

I had to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to get out of the program.  My desktop was toasted (brilliant white.. could barely make out icons).

Rebooted my machine (twice) and everything was fine, with all programs except AH.  Soon as I started AH up again... WHAM.... same problem.

I finally deleted all AH (using the windows add or remove) and reloaded the whole program.  No more problems (so far).

System
AMD Athlon XP3200+
2.19Ghz  w/1GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT w/128Mb Ram

Game video setting 1280 x 1024.

One of the other players I spoke with was running at 1280 x 1024 also.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 12:42:14 AM »
well you max out your gamma it looks like that. Problem is you can't see it to get it back. Delete your video settings file and you should be good on AH start-up

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 08:05:25 AM »
My point would be ... I didn't max out my gamma.. I was adjusting it around 1.1-1.5..

Something went haywire... and that was that.  Now I didn't know I could delete the video settings file.. (good information there)  Would have saved me a LOT of grief trying to reinstall everything.

Since there we at least 3 rooks who have had the same experience.. on them had it twice... me thinks something is amiss in the code someplace...?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 09:26:23 AM »
More than likely it is a video card driver issue.  

Inconsistent results across several different systems, using the same application, would tend to point to the driver.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 06:47:12 PM »
Guess we should start trying to gather information on the cards/drivers affected?

I didn't get a chance to ask the other guys what cards they were running....