Author Topic: X52 slider problem  (Read 323 times)

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
X52 slider problem
« on: January 11, 2006, 08:54:11 AM »
~S~ All

I am using A x52 throttle. and I want to use the slider on it to control my elevator trim.

the problem I'm getting is that I don't have full range of the trim.

When I move the slider all the way forward I see that the elevator red trim indicator  in my plane moves all the way to the top.

That's fine that's what I need  it to do.

But when I slide it all the way back the red trim indicator in the plane only moves to the center  it will not move to the bottom of the indicator. so I only have neutral elevator trim and positive trim
is there any way to fix that??

Thanks RaVe
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
X52 slider problem
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 05:13:37 PM »
First reasign your pitch trim to none and then restart the game so it will save. Then spawn a plane while sitting on the runway you will see the pitch trim is almost all the way up, press the I key repeattedly until it's near the center then reassign the pitch trim to the slider.

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
X52 slider problem
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 05:19:04 PM »
aaahhhaaa..
 ok will do I will give that a try thank you sir:aok

Saadi

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
X52 slider problem
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 07:16:04 PM »
Bummer it did not work out same problem
thanks anyway
~S~ RaVe

Saadi

Offline EzTarget

• Zinc Member
      • http://pigstompers.net/
Slider Controls for X52
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 08:58:07 PM »
The Presision Slide on the X-52 throttle can be assigned by using the Saitek Profile Editor.  Select the slider then change the setting from axis to band.  Then you need to divide the band into three areas of approximately 33%.  Assign the top area to the "I" key and the bottom area to the "K" key.  Leave the center area unassigned to provide a dead area.  When you slide the control up it will perform the same function as holding down the "I" key on the keyboard.  When you have the amount of trim you want then slide the controller back to the center position to stop the key press.  Anytime you assign keys to either the Precision Slide or either of the rotaries you must provide a "dead spot" to cancel the key stroke.  Hope that this helps.  I use my Precision Slide to control engine RPM's.

Good flyin'

:noid

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
X52 slider problem
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 12:20:38 AM »
Thanks Ez that did the trick . only thing is that when I type in chat it auto types an I or a K same deal when I log in any way around that? besides remembering to center the slide and hope its in the correct spot?
Thanks RaVe

Saadi

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
X52 slider problem
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 06:09:10 AM »
Originally posted by Nr_RaVeN
Thanks Ez that did the trick . only thing is that when I type in chat it auto types an I or a K same deal when I log in any way around that? besides remembering to center the slide and hope its in the correct spot?
Thanks RaVe

make the center band larger - you have to center to stop the stick from throwing out a programmed command
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
X52 slider problem
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 10:42:31 AM »
Thanks
will do
~S~:aok

Saadi

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
X52 slider problem
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 10:50:55 AM »
You do not need the profiler to do this.................

for trim................

when you calibrate you must leave the slider in the centre of its scale.........not at the end as you are obviously doing............

if you ever use the slider for rpm then you leave it at the end when you calibrate.
Ludere Vincere