Author Topic: Levity at the Alito hearings  (Read 683 times)

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
Levity at the Alito hearings
« on: January 11, 2006, 11:32:19 AM »
First, Hatch  jumped into the middle of Feingold's questioning when Feingold was really pushing Alito on Vangaurd and ethics concerns. I believe it was the first time someone has broken into another Senator's questioning, either in these hearings or in the Roberts hearings in September. Interesting that this happened over ethics concerns and not rulings or ideology. The ethics questions really seem to be much more of a threat to Republicans in these hearings.

Next, when the Feingold-Hatch exchange was over, Lindsay Graham went on to say perhaps the most amazing line of the entire hearings:

Sen. Lindsey Graham said he believes Judge Sam Alito when he says he doesn't remember certain parts of his murder boards.

Alito smiled appreciately.

Continued Graham: "And if any of us come before a court and say we can't remember Abramoff, you'll believe us."

"Abramoff who?" queried another Senator.

"Wasn't he the guy in the Bible?" asked a third.
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 11:37:29 AM »
What point to make Silat?

Les

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 11:44:33 AM »
Originally posted by Leslie
What point to make Silat?

Les

It was a joke...a funny....a little levity. I guess your built to low, the fast ones go over your head.

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 11:56:47 AM »
Yeah your right Weaselsan.  How gracious of you to point it out.

Les

:D

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Re: Levity at the Alito hearings
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 12:45:08 PM »
Originally posted by Silat

Continued Graham: "And if any of us come before a court and say we can't remember Abramoff, you'll believe us."

"Abramoff who?" queried another Senator.

"Wasn't he the guy in the Bible?" asked a third.

Yea I saw that and LMAOed at it.  It was pretty good.  I've caught bits and peices of the hearings and it seems like Alito is doing OK for the most part.  I think Ted Kennedy has officially lost it though (if not allready)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 02:47:38 PM »
the entire process looks like a circle jerk waste of time & money .. but what else would they be doing?..??

what I find funny is Ted the drunk questioning someone whom he is not fit to tie his shoes...

the dems are going to lose this one and they know it, why waste the time and money?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 03:08:25 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
the entire process looks like a circle jerk waste of time & money .. but what else would they be doing?..??

what I find funny is Ted the drunk questioning someone whom he is not fit to tie his shoes...

the dems are going to lose this one and they know it, why waste the time and money?
Have to keep their constituents and special interest groups happy by raising a ****storm, even when they themselves know Alito will be confirmed.  Otherwise, they aren't doing the "job" they were elected for.

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 03:09:10 PM »
Originally posted by Leslie
Yeah your right Weaselsan.  How gracious of you to point it out.

Les

:D

Your quite welcome.

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 03:27:06 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler

Letting a bunch of congressers puff out their chests on TV is much cheaper than letting them do what they do off camera

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 08:44:15 AM »
What I think is hillarious is that the radical liberal commie democrats are pilloring Allito because they feel that he will be an activist judge (why not?  they all are)..

Now... listening to the abuse and loads of crap heaped on him by the liberals at the hearing.... if those liberals are right about judges, and people in gendral, they have just created a monster..

If anyone has a right to be vincictive and activist and anti liberal cause after this it is him.... much like Judge Thomas.

the flip side is that withch ginsberg who ran the ACLU and the conservatives allowed to be confirmed... she has not been radiocalized by her experiance at the confgirmation hearings...

I know that as a human being, if I were in alito's possition.... I would make sure that anything that drunk kennedy or that studmuffin sjhumer ever wanted from me.... they didn't get.

lazs

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 10:03:21 AM »
Only thing they outta be looking at is "Are you qualified to sit on the Supreme Court".  If he and Roberts get together with the other "conservatives" on the Court and turn back the clock, so be it.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 02:35:28 PM »
Agreed...  the judges should be able to interpret the law as it was written.

lazs