Author Topic: alright alright alright I'll confess...training room is very USEFUL  (Read 780 times)

Offline SkevJ

• Zinc Member
alright alright alright I'll confess...training room is very USEFUL
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 05:06:52 AM »
Dont get me wrong guys I am sort of new to this game. Its that I've been played too much of Relax Realism and barely touched True Realism in AW. I also been playing Fighter Ace(Energy didnt exist at all in the game) and other Jet Flight Sims so when I first entered AH and went I started pulling hard and realizing my plane would stop and stall, I had problems.

Before I didnt know anything about energy building as I was only 15 at the time I played AW. I remembered averaging 300,000 pts per scenario also I use to be part of DFA in the relax European Scenario til my computer crashed. If any of you guys remember Humr or Jax from AW i use to fly with them. But anyways from what I said before the whole new realism physics completely threw me off and I was a newbie again. Even with the Stall limiter on flying was still hard.

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 07:54:43 AM »

Offline Jethro_Bodine

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2006, 06:10:38 PM »
:lol  I came into this game just like you. I've probably been playing for 2-3 months now and I'm still a noob (sorta). I had a real hard time due to the different plane phisycs and stuff but I have never played such a realistic game before. I thought IL2 owned all other flight sims but I was wrong. Now about a week ago I went back to pacific fighters and when I was going 500kts and a A6M cought up to me and shot me down, I threw the game in the trash lol.

One thing that has been difficult in this game is getting used to certain planes. Now I'm working on the P-51 (my favorite in real life) and it's very hard plane to learn in. Yes you can BnZ like crazy in that plane but I'm learning how to dog fight in it.  (had a great fight with a P-38 the other night but I got a power outage when I was lining up on him).

One thing I have a question about is why did that trainer tell you to put your flaps up wile climbing. Flaps do create more lift but also create drag so in all senses you would lose a lot of E (speed). I do however put the flaps down if I'm climbing and I'm getting under 200Kts. Oh well.
Spicoli

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2006, 06:36:04 PM »
Originally posted by Jethro_Bodine

One thing I have a question about is why did that trainer tell you to put your flaps up wile climbing. Flaps do create more lift but also create drag so in all senses you would lose a lot of E (speed). I do however put the flaps down if I'm climbing and I'm getting under 200Kts. Oh well.

Youre right on spot with your assesment of flaps there.

What i actually said (and i guess Rev meant in his post - if not im sorry i wasnt clear on that in the first place) is to use the flaps on top of the loop (steep climb) to help you stabilize and nose over when roping someone.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 06:39:37 PM by Schatzi »
21 is only half the truth.