Author Topic: alright alright alright I'll confess...training room is very USEFUL  (Read 781 times)

Offline SkevJ

• Zinc Member
After being frustrated of getting shot down in the Main arena I finally decided to dedicate some time in the training room. When I first arrive I met a person named Schatzi. I was asking her for some tips and to help me out with some manuevers and she was more than happy to do so. And let me tell you, I've learned ALOT from her. She first told me to take my stall limiter off. At first I had a hard time with it, but then I got the hang of it. After I got use to the SL being off she taught me some barrell rolls. Barrell Rolls are very useful when someone is on your tail especially in a FW. After flying around and dueling a bit I was starting to get the hang of it. She really helped me out a lot. She also taught me scissors, overshooting, etc. The most effective move she taught me was how to use my E effectively against people that didnt have much E by flying nose up into the sky and dropping my flaps below 200 so I wouldnt stall violently. She also told me to use my plane to its strong suit for example.

Then there was this guy Xrod i've encounter and we dueled a lot. He usually won but I could tell that I was getting better as each time we duel he had a more difficult time of engaging me and the battles lasted longer.  He taught me the double immelman and that worked pretty well. And you know what? The next day we encountered each other THIS time I came out on top but I was in a different plane as I was in a Niki as I was in a KI84 before. Fuzeman and Pooface gave me a lot of tips that were very useful as well. All i did was spent 3 hours non straight in the room and it paid off

I headed back into the main arena and started using what everyone taught me to my advantage and it worked out pretty well. There was this one time where it was me and GE squared off against 5 enemy planes(We had high alt) I was in a Niki and I didnt know what he was in but I started BNZ those guys and using my E to my advantage and I shot them all down with the help of GE. My shooting was getting better and I was leading my shots better. Also the Niki has a good view in the cockpit making things easier for me.

So yeah I advise everyone that is new to just head into the training room if you are dedicated to playing aces high. If you have a lot of time on your hands spend at least 3 hours in the training room a day and I'll gurrantee you that you will improve dramatically. If you dont know anything just ask, people are more than happy to help you out. But guys, I still dont dont how many buildings need to be destroyed, I dont know the spawn time of hangars or how effective supplies drop by goons would help an airbase. Like i said before I wish they would have a interface tutorial.

So yeah I've learn

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
alright alright alright I'll confess...training room is very USEFUL
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 05:50:48 AM »
Glad to hear it;)

Hopefully this will allow you to enjoy the game more and who know's, after many hours in the saddle you might be needing to teach/help other new players:aok

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 05:58:38 AM »
Well, im glad TA could alleviate your frustrations and get you going :).
Youre a quick study.... keep at it and youll kick some serious a** very soon.

Capturing Territory

I think some of the numbers are AH1 and therefore might not be accurate, but you get the general idea. For exact values, just ask the ground attack experts, they surely can help you out on that.

>S< Revor

Schatzi
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: alright alright alright I'll confess...training room is very USEFUL
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 08:31:43 AM »
Originally posted by SkevJ
I still dont dont how many buildings need to be destroyed, I dont know the spawn time of hangars or how effective supplies drop by goons would help an airbase. Like i said before I wish they would have a interface tutorial.

So yeah I've learn

Capturing an airfield requires the adjoining town buildings all be destroyed, along with the two town acks.
Capturing a vehicle base or port requires all acks be destroyed.
Troops are then deployed on the ground via a M3 or C-47 (which can also launch them from the air, in which case you must deploy troops 800' above base/town ground level)
Those are bare bones requirements. The fun begins when defending vehicles of aircraft deploy and defend a base.

Town buildings can be killed with MG ammo, cannons, bombs, rockets, etc. Two or three Typhoons, BF 110's or heavy Jugs pack enough punch to destroy a town.

Hangars -
Small/large aircraft = 2500 # bombs or rocket equivelent. They'll stay down 20-30 minutes.
VH hangar = 2000 #

Field supplies may be supplied via C-47, M-3, LVT and will reduce the base/field rebuild time.

Glad to see that your on-line experience is coming around.

Max

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 08:55:22 AM »
The supply hangar of the town does not need to be destroyed and takes a lot of ammo to destroy. As i know it doesnt change anything weather it is destroyed or up.

Downtime of hangars is 15minutes afaik and the ruins stop smoking some minutes before they come back up. I think this can not be changed with supply... but im happy if someone prooves me wrong there. Supplies are for fuel,ammo,aa,radar,troops. I forgot what supply role the cities have. And i think town buildings can be build quicker with supply too, but not sure which supply this is and weather this is true.

Downtime of ammo,fuel,troops,radar,aa guns depends on supply status of the base. If it is supplied because the group owning the base owns the corresponding zone base too or if its one that is supplied by its "home country" then it depends on the status of the corresponding supply factories. Since the supply gets calculated each time a train/barge train arrives but the train station must not be directly at the base. If the supply factories in that zone are damaged the supply is less effective.

Shooting down the trains is possible but gives no points and is so much hassle that its not worth the time. I think if a part of the train arrives it counts as supply arrived, which shortens the downtime of all stuff that gets supplied. Delivering airfield supplies shortens the downtime too.

ciao schutt

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 10:52:27 AM »
After being frustrated of getting shot down in the Main arena I finally decided to dedicate some time in the training room. When I first arrive I met a person named Schatzi. I was asking her for some tips and to help me out with some manuevers and she was more than happy to do so. And let me tell you, I've learned ALOT from her. She first told me to take my stall limiter off. At first I had a hard time with it, but then I got the hang of it. After I got use to the SL being off she taught me some barrell rolls. Barrell Rolls are very useful when someone is on your tail especially in a FW. After flying around and dueling a bit I was starting to get the hang of it. She really helped me out a lot. She also taught me scissors, overshooting, etc. The most effective move she taught me was how to use my E effectively against people that didnt have much E by flying nose up into the sky and dropping my flaps below 200 so I wouldnt stall violently. She also told me to use my plane to its strong suit for example.

Then there was this guy Xrod i've encounter and we dueled a lot. He usually won but I could tell that I was getting better as each time we duel he had a more difficult time of engaging me and the battles lasted longer.  He taught me the double immelman and that worked pretty well. And you know what? The next day we encountered each other THIS time I came out on top but I was in a different plane as I was in a Niki as I was in a KI84 before. Fuzeman and Pooface gave me a lot of tips that were very useful as well. All i did was spent 3 hours non straight in the room and it paid off

I headed back into the main arena and started using what everyone taught me to my advantage and it worked out pretty well. There was this one time where it was me and GE squared off against 5 enemy planes(We had high alt) I was in a Niki and I didnt know what he was in but I started BNZ those guys and using my E to my advantage and I shot them all down with the help of GE. My shooting was getting better and I was leading my shots better. Also the Niki has a good view in the cockpit making things easier for me.

So yeah I advise everyone that is new to just head into the training room if you are dedicated to playing aces high. If you have a lot of time on your hands spend at least 3 hours in the training room a day and I'll gurrantee you that you will improve dramatically. If you dont know anything just ask, people are more than happy to help you out. But guys, I still dont dont how many buildings need to be destroyed, I dont know the spawn time of hangars or how effective supplies drop by goons would help an airbase. Like i said before I wish they would have a interface tutorial.

So yeah I've learn

That is AWESOME to hear, Revor!!!!  GE is one heck of a wingy to boot!

my apologies for coming off so harsh on you in the other thread. As for trying to make things better for people, we working on it and doing it the best & fastest we can. Schatzi is turning out to be a real shining Gem, would say the same for fuzeman, but won't because he is a dude:lol  But, both are wonderful in helping and teaching players things to helping reach that next plateau, we all hit them and seem to level off, then all it takes is to have a Trainer or some long time flyer push us over that barrier and we start climbing the hill toward the next one.......

My offer still stands, if you ever need anything or want  to work on a particular plane, please feel free to drop me or any Trainer an email or a help request in the Training & Help forum.............we all be glad to help  & work with you

~S~
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 11:12:20 AM »
sniff...i still smell a troll of some sort..or a bitter ex ah'r trying to post what they think ah should be like..irony of some sort. :)

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 11:14:50 AM »
"There was this one time where it was me and GE squared off against 5 enemy planes(We had high alt) I was in a Niki and I didnt know what he was in but I started BNZ those guys and using my E to my advantage and I shot them all down with the help of GE. My shooting was getting better and I was leading my shots better. Also the Niki has a good view in the cockpit making things easier for me"

cmon what newb talks like this lol...?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 11:20:54 AM by jaxxo »

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 01:34:18 PM »
Jaxxo, unless i fell for a real well played out trap here you are waaaay off base. Get your nose looked at... its smelling some strange things here.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 01:43:16 PM »
Im with jaxxoman :)
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 01:47:31 PM »
I was in a Niki and I didnt know what he was in but I started BNZ those guys

To find out what your country guys are flying.. hit  ALT i, that toggles different modes of the icons. Maybe you knew that and didn't have time to look :)
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 02:25:54 PM »
TC, thanks for your nice words there. Im just giving some of that back what i got when i first started. And im not the only 'TA Gem' that is there. Theres many helpful players out there. Fuzeman, Lambo, Warhound, Blooz,  Chenault..... just to name a few. >S<.

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »
i dont think he's a troll, he said he played AW for a bit, and i was teaching him a few energy tactics and things. just because he knows what he's talking about doesnt mean he's not new

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2006, 10:55:16 PM »
Pooface hit the nail on the head. He did say he had some Air Warrior experience and just needed to fine tune that skill to Aces High and probably scrape a bit of rust off.
We may not have a learning interface but get a Trainer in your face and we try our best to help as much as we can.

As mentioned, supplies reduce the rebuild time of things at fields. It's not an instant repair.
Capturing a base required the town, if it has one, to be completely destroyed except the 'Indestructable Hanger' in it as Schutt mentioned. Troops are delivered to the maproom opposed to the field like in AW. The maproom's are the little yellow dots on the radarmap usually located near the field but on some maps can be quite a distance from the actual field.

Bring up your radarmap and right click on it, you'll see a menu. Lots of info to be gained from that. At the bottom you have 'clipboard maps' which show the layout of structures at various installations.

Any other questions don't hesitate to ask. The only stupid question is the one not asked. Also, it's job security for me :)
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2006, 01:46:06 AM »
Originally posted by fuzeman
Also, it's job security for me :)

:lol  Your Job looke pretty secure to me last night. Phew, what a workout ;).

Heres a pic of the 'indestructible building' on the northwestern edge of the town. It is not actually a town building, but a part of the supply road thats seen in the background. Since its not part of the town, it doesnt have to be destroyed for the field to take.