Author Topic: Saitek X52 Drivers Question  (Read 747 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Saitek X52 Drivers Question
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 12:57:45 PM »
the rotors as trim is set in AH not the sst software
to make the rotors trim inside AH where you tell it what jstick you are uing, you should see the trim axis on the left . spin the rotors and watch the numbers change in the right window to tell which is which. then choose the trim, then which rotor you want to control it then apply. then calibrate. you have to calibrate them as they are then axis to windows and the game..
let meknow if this isn't clear
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2006, 03:56:34 PM »
*$^@#!! SST software!!!   I loaded up the SST software and downloaded your profile Eagler. Everytime I try to load up the AH profile using the tray icon, Windows reboots. Windows error reprt points to a driver issue. Delete the Saitek software and re-install?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2006, 04:34:57 PM »
yes
unistall - turn computer off
disconnect the X52 - turn computer on
re-install the saitek dirvers and software (if I remeber right, I would just click OK on all the default choices when windows says it "found new hardware"
then hook up the x52 after everything is installed and the software tells you to

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2006, 06:46:20 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
you should be able to assign trim to any X52 axis/rotor inside AH without the sst software going...
sry do not know the driver question answer as I use both

WARNING!!  Have tried assigning rotor wheels and slider to AH controls in AH.  Slider worked, rotors didn't.  Left it that way.  Two days later, stick malfunctioned until I removed ALL assignments to rotors and slider.  HiTech has said the they should NOT be assigned.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2006, 06:54:53 PM »
What do you mean? Only for the x52? Or for all sticks?

Because I as eyeballing the x45 and x52 purely BECAUSE they have those rotaries... Would suck if you can't use 'em.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2006, 07:02:33 PM »
I am using the x52 stick the x45 throttle and ch pedals. :)  x45 htrottle has better trim wheels and all and no sst bs software to load up every time yo start pc. the mouse and trim wheels on x52 are crap who the hell needs a mouse in combat

love the precision of the x52 stick its almost as good as my old msffb2 :D
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2006, 07:27:41 PM »
Originally posted by Sloehand
WARNING!!  Have tried assigning rotor wheels and slider to AH controls in AH.  Slider worked, rotors didn't.  Left it that way.  Two days later, stick malfunctioned until I removed ALL assignments to rotors and slider.  HiTech has said the they should NOT be assigned.

I have used the rotors as trim with both the x52 and the x45
I have used them as axis set up in AH and banded with the saitek profile software. Both work well
the key when you use the axis in ah is to keep them calibrated as they are just another axis to ah and if not calibrated, you may not have the full range of the rotor/trim control

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2006, 07:35:20 PM »
Originally posted by Citabria
I am using the x52 stick the x45 throttle and ch pedals. :)  x45 htrottle has better trim wheels and all and no sst bs software to load up every time yo start pc. the mouse and trim wheels on x52 are crap who the hell needs a mouse in combat

love the precision of the x52 stick its almost as good as my old msffb2 :D

fester
what are your settings in AH with that setup - deadband and all the sliders?

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2006, 08:47:57 PM »
default for now.

I reset everything and had to manually map everythign to the x45 throttle with the x52 also hooked up.

its done good so far on default deadband and sliders for now. dunno if I will change it since its been very responsive to my flying style and is much more enjoyable to use than that god awful x45 stick. Ive always liked the x45 throttle though and though it behaves same as x52 I am using x45 throttle for the buttons and trim wheels and using x52 stick for precision control and it has better buttons than the x45 stick

I used AH stick mapping for everythign I cant stand siatek software

can post my stick cfg or stock mapping thing or email it or somthign I guess not sure how hehe.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 08:54:34 PM by Citabria »
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2006, 11:18:17 PM »
Well i unistalled all the SST software, pulled the stick, reinstalled the CD, plugged in stick and DID NOT plug in the SST stuff.

When i try dropping the X52 profile, i get an error about it not able to be used.

Suggestions?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2006, 06:32:59 AM »
Originally posted by LePaul
...and DID NOT plug in the SST stuff....

what does this mean?

the sst software should start with windows
then by right clicking on the saitek icon on the bottom right, should pop up a menu showing the profiles you have installed among other things. Then you choose ACESHIGH_X52 and the icon should get a green box around it. The sst software has to be running so windows knows what to do with the profile..
does that help?

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2006, 10:10:18 AM »
Originally posted by Citabria
default for now.

I used AH stick mapping for everythign I cant stand siatek software

can post my stick cfg or stock mapping thing or email it or somthign I guess not sure how hehe.

Fester I believe the stick.cfg file details the slider, deadband & damping inputs, and the jsmap.cfg contains the mapping layout inputs.

If you want to copy and send them both, I'd be happy to check em out.

topchef@adelphia.net

Thanks!:aok

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2006, 03:11:40 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
what does this mean?

the sst software should start with windows
then by right clicking on the saitek icon on the bottom right, should pop up a menu showing the profiles you have installed among other things. Then you choose ACESHIGH_X52 and the icon should get a green box around it. The sst software has to be running so windows knows what to do with the profile..
does that help?

Ok, guess I'll take a crack at installing that SST software again, because last time, after it installed, I was always being prompted by the New Hardware Wizard for a Saitek Keyboard it couldnt find