Author Topic: Peru Shoots Down US Plane  (Read 937 times)

Offline -lynx-

• Copper Member
Peru Shoots Down US Plane
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2001, 03:52:00 PM »
I hate this, really do - but isn't this a double standard of some sort?  
Sorry, but if people are stupid enough not to file a flight plan and fail to respond to a miltary challenge without good reason, then I'll invoke Darwin.
(Plus earlier Miko's about no ill will) A couple of weeks ago there was a discussion about Flight KAL007 - the Russians were branded mass murderers etc. This time the scale was somewhat smaller with just 5 people on board, unarmed floatplane Cessna was shot down in broad daylight.

"Donaldson said despite her husband's protests on the radio, the plane was shot at with a machine gun.

She said that even after the plane landed on the Amazon River, the military plane continued to fire."

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2001, 04:48:00 PM »
Tell me you aren't comparing a commercial airliner to a low level private plane.  I'm sorry.. but you are way off base with this one.

As for the communication.. there was some kind of problem.  I read the quote out of the article.. I didn't read who the pilot was talking to or what he was saying.  Like I said.. there was some kind of communication problem.

AKDejaVu

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2001, 05:44:00 AM »
perfect example of why the morons in South America can't handle their own freaking problem.

Incompetence!
 http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010422/ts/peru_crash_dc_21.html

Eagler

[This message has been edited by Eagler (edited 04-23-2001).]
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2001, 11:30:00 AM »
Boroda,

I'll ask my dad exactly where they went. I know it wasn't a "big city" type place. It was pretty remote and the people didn't have much.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline qts

• Nickel Member
      • None yet
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2001, 03:49:00 PM »
Lynx, the BBC report I was citing stated that the *Peruvians reported that the plane DID NOT RESPOND*. That is all. It does not mean that the plane did not respond but that the Peruvians so reported.

Later testimony (a survivor) states that they did respond.

Who is telling the truth is yet to be decided.

Please learn to read more accurately.

------------------
qts