Author Topic: Earth Day  (Read 965 times)

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Earth Day
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2001, 03:25:00 PM »

Originally posted by funked:
I'm leaving my car running and idling all day in the parking lot.

You forgot to add "while crushing an entire case of CFC containing styrofoam cups..."

Sandman_SBM

Earth Day
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2001, 06:52:00 AM »

Originally posted by AKSeaWulfe:
Instead of damaging Earth for Earth Day, I'm going to damage myself:

I'm going to smoke a lot of pot, drink a lot of beer AND hard liquor, eat a quarter of shrooms, drop 4 tabs of ecstasy and 8 tabs of acid, and sniff a lot of ether... and I'll see where I wake up after Earth Day and pollute it.
-SW

SW, be sure to piss on some trees when you're done.

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Earth Day
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2001, 01:08:00 PM »
George Carlin had this joke routine about 'saving the earth'.  He'd say, "What's this about saving the earth?  It's been around billions of years, been hit by comets, survived this, that, and the other thing.  Hey, the earth isn't going anywhere ... we are."

Always loved that.  Gonna kill ourselves right off this planet.  Save the Dollar!  Save the DOLLAR!!!!

[This message has been edited by leonid (edited 04-24-2001).]
ingame: Raz

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Earth Day
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2001, 01:14:00 PM »
I can't remember the biologist's name, but he said, "We may be proof that intelligence is an evolutionary dead-end," or something to that effect.  Wish I could remember his name ...

[This message has been edited by leonid (edited 04-24-2001).]
ingame: Raz

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
Earth Day
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2001, 01:20:00 PM »
Ya,ya,ya, but what did YOU do on earth day to honor the earth?  Kiss a whale? Just what did YOU do to show your feelings for the "Earth"???

Sturm

Earth Day
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2001, 01:37:00 PM »
On earth day I plan on going out and cutting down a tree, looking for a protestor and throwing rotten vegetables or eggs at.  Turning on anything that uses electricity even that plug in thingy my wife has    Oh and kick the dog, flush the toilet 30 times an hour.  And if possible track down these people that made this day.  

Funny if they are so concerned about conservation why do it on just one day?  Total hypocrits

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel
Airfield Defense Squadron
"Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor?"  Famous quote from Animal House, John Belushi.

Offline Corwin

• Copper Member
Earth Day
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2001, 06:18:00 PM »
Why, I'll do what ever decent man cherishes most about the Earth, I'll wiz on it after I park my car, get the mail and put the trash cans in the garage.

"The world is my urinal, I shall not want"

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Earth Day
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2001, 07:24:00 AM »
Wow, that's like sooo cool.

You're been all rebelious and all. Like, far out.

Hey, like, next 4th July, why don't we, like, burn some US flags?

Huh, huh, huh, that would make us look so baaaaad. And rebelious. It's like, we don't give a s*** about nothing. We're sooo cool.

More rebeliousness!

[This message has been edited by Dowding (edited 04-25-2001).]
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Earth Day
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2001, 10:28:00 AM »
 I have been in 3 earthquakes, 2 floods, 5 tornados', 1 forest fire (started by lighting), and had one near fatal disease.  I'm not being rebellious.  The earth is trying to kill me, and I want some payback.

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
Earth Day
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2001, 03:46:00 PM »
Dowding,
some of us simply do not subscribe to the environmental "the sky is falling" cult. That's all.

Offline Yoj

• Copper Member
Earth Day
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2001, 04:50:00 PM »
But.... the sky IS falling.  A little piece of it fell and hit me in the head.

Actually, I'm not sure which of the bird cults I wonder about more - the Chicken Little "we're all about to die" cult, or the Ostrich "hey man, I don't see a problem" cult  

- Yoj

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Earth Day
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2001, 06:35:00 PM »
There's 2 things that i've seen in my life that were the worst polution I've ever seen.  One was man made and the other was natural.  The first would be back in the 70's in Galveston, Tx for about 4 years following an oil spill down by Mexico.  There was tar and crap on the beaches and patches of oil floating in the water.  The 2nd worst polution I've ever seen was from Mt. St. Hellen a few months after it errupted all the ash finaly made it;s way down to Texas via the stratosphere, from Washington STATE!   But by far the worst disaster I've seen was hurricane Alicia back in '83.  Houston looked like a war zone after about 7 or 8 hours.

I wonder how many pointy head needle nosed intellectual enviromental types have ever actualy been 100 miles from anywhere out in Nature camping or hunting.  Nature will take care of it self...

Udie