Author Topic: a suggestion  (Read 410 times)

storch

a suggestion
« on: January 23, 2006, 07:26:43 AM »
could we turn the ack lethality to it's lowest level and see how that works for a day or two?  the allied players seem to mostly circle the ports and it makes the game play very dull.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
a suggestion
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 07:34:01 AM »
my guess is that the ailled pilots stay in the ack as the germans have the alt advantage on the England coastline

whoever crosses the channel due to the distance will have the alt advantage

would be good to see like a 10k alt limit say with 200 mph winds above the limit
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
a suggestion
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 07:53:32 AM »
Puffy ack is .1, other ack is .25 (of their MA lethality).
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
a suggestion
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 08:25:52 AM »
I wouldn't turn the ack down.  As the setup is right now the Axis are on the offensive. Before too long new Allied aircraft are going to put the Allies in a more offensive posture.  If you turn the ack down your going to encourage vultching. Theres been a little already . Imagine whats going to happen when the Allied planes with all the jabo ability appear . It will be vulch city.

Are you going to ask to have it turned up then?

Leave the settings alone and let it play out. Most Allied players I've seen are just grabbing alt before going feet wet. If your coming across and hitting them before they get alt it's probably worse for them then it is you. It's not like you guys have not been running amuck.;)

If you start adjusting the settings to suit one side , your going to ruin whats so far off to a good start.  The RPS is just starting let's see how it's going to play out before trying to fix player gripes about settings.

Just my two cents.:aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
a suggestion
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 08:53:37 AM »
I see no reason to change the ack settings.....3 of us last night flew behind the frontline bases of the coast, low, slow and on the deck...all 3 rtb'd, and I didn't take one ack hit.
Duke

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
a suggestion
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 12:46:44 PM »
Originally posted by Panzzer
Puffy ack is .1, other ack is .25 (of their MA lethality).

What is the "STANDARD" setting?

Am with Shifty on this one, leave the ack settings alone. The ack serves as a protection for both sides. You start cutting it down and the bases will have no protection and the porking will commence in earnest. If they want to disable a base make each side work for it.

As far as guys running for the ack - it is a legitamate tactic if you are being attacked by an enemy with alt & position advantage. Storch, would you not do the same? If one runs, let him go and set up again where you can get him again when he comes out.

:aok
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
a suggestion
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 01:08:20 PM »
I don't know what the Standard settings should be, but those (.1 for puffy and .25 for other ack) are what Oldman posted and they have been in use since friday.
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
a suggestion
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 03:12:54 PM »
I believe that on or about early 1944 that all base ack should be turned down.  Thank you for your support.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
a suggestion
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 04:50:41 PM »
Originally posted by Panzzer
I don't know what the Standard settings should be, but those (.1 for puffy and .25 for other ack) are what Oldman posted and they have been in use since friday.

The "standard" ack setting is 1.0, which is ack like the MA has.  In the CT (...er...the AvA...) we've usually thought that ack detracts from the experience, because generally no one is trying to take bases.  By now we've sort of settled on .25 for the low-level (soft) ack, just to discourage vulching.  The puffy ack has been set to the same .25, or as low as .1, which is what it is currently set to.  You can't absolutely ignore it, but it isn't likely to harm you.

People who run to ack, and those who are afraid to follow them, are probably deluding themselves.

- oldman