Author Topic: Wow!!!  (Read 859 times)

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Wow!!!
« on: January 21, 2006, 05:40:30 PM »
tonight, at about 8pm GMT, we started seeing quite a few people in the arena, so i decided i would start a mission, with everyone flying together on the bishop side, so we could fight the finnish horde properly. started out with about 9 guys, but as we flew over the coast, we picked up more and more guys. when we reached the channel we had about 15 guys in formation, and so the knights rolled a counter attack. the result was  great furball. after this died out, all players rtb'd, and panzzer and i organised both sides into flying together in missions, germans attacking england, british all flying together and defending. the result was the best evening i have ever had in my AH career, and some of the most amazing visuals. during these missions (we ran 2) the roster showed nearly 70 people online. many of us caught the whole thing on film, so wolfala and i will be posting many georgeous screenies, and maybe a film too.

best night i ever had in AH, big to all involved, it was a magical evening.

i would love to do this again, same time, next week, and im sure im not alone. if anyones interested, just holler, maybe we can organise it.

will post screenies soon

Offline SASMOX

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
Wow!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 05:57:38 PM »
Pooface and thank you for participating:aok

Offline wasq

• Silver Member
      • Photos
Wow!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 06:03:22 PM »
Great fights tonite, I caught the two first big Ju88 missions on film, I'll see if I can get some screenshots out of that. That was big fun, we got quite close formation and we had some very good defense with concentrated fire patterns on the attacking Hurris and Spitfires.

Also the other fights were good tonight, and I think the numbers were about 50-70 all night so we're back on track like the good old AH1 CT days! WTG guys on that, let's keep the numbers high and the fight fair and all will be good for us!

Offline SASMOX

• Gold Member
Wow!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 06:04:13 PM »
This was a great evening. Allmost even as great a day as yesterday, when my wife gave birth to my third child:)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 06:16:38 PM by SASMOX »

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Wow!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 06:16:50 PM »
Originally posted by SASMOX
This was a great evening. Allmost even as great a day as yesterday, when my wife gave birth to my third chield:)

woot, wtg daddy!

Offline SASMOX

• Gold Member
Wow!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 06:19:17 PM »
Thank you ,  I hope I didn't hijack this thread:)

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Wow!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 06:20:24 PM »
some of tonights incredible scenes:

the films i recorded were so large im having troublr going through them to get pics, so these are the first examples i could find, and certainly not the best. these are from the first mission, the second was even larger, very enjoyable

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Wow!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 06:41:39 PM »
Was definitely fun, glad I got a weekend day off finally to really get a feel for the arena.  Pooface, you fellows certainly know how to wing!  I have to give yall credit, a Hurri and Spit paired up is a tough combo to beat, and every one of you did a great job working the E out of our 109s.  Lots of fun!  :)

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Wow!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 06:49:10 PM »
Originally posted by StarOfAfrica2
Was definitely fun, glad I got a weekend day off finally to really get a feel for the arena.  Pooface, you fellows certainly know how to wing!  I have to give yall credit, a Hurri and Spit paired up is a tough combo to beat, and every one of you did a great job working the E out of our 109s.  Lots of fun!  :)

ty SA2, great fights with you tonight

i'd love to get everyone together same time next week. by that time, we'd have some later war planes, making it a little more fair on us poor brits :(

:) was great fun, to all who took part. i wasa amazed with the reaction. it all started out with me organising small mission to fly together over channel. started with 8 guys, and picked up loads on the way. after that, it was just a matter of getting people on the radio channel.

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
Wow!!!
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 06:33:56 AM »
What time are you doing this Pooface?  I am stationed over here in Italy so I could maybe make it unless family situations kick in... :aok I switched over to Brit's anyways, besides...my grandma is English! :D
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

storch

Wow!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006, 07:31:11 AM »
my I suggest spontinaity?  it's more fun that way plan nothing, when there are 60-80 ppl on again just quickly organize it.

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Wow!!!
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2006, 07:35:07 AM »
Originally posted by storch
my I suggest spontinaity?  it's more fun that way plan nothing, when there are 60-80 ppl on again just quickly organize it.

true, but if we organise a time, more people will be online, more fun

and it means that people who missed out get another chance, and they know when it will happen

ps. working on film at the moment, hope for it to be done today. should be cool :D

Offline Kongkyuk

• Copper Member
Wow!!!
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 08:31:29 AM »
This really is something! With just a name change:aok

I have to thank Pannzzer for organizing the air raids to England when I was on. The guys all just wanted to join in. What a great time I've been having in the "new AvA" :D

Offline mrshiver

• Zinc Member
Wow!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 09:39:45 AM »
Had a great time last night.  I was beginning to grow bored with the MA. The AvA arena has resparked my interest in the game.  Great job Pannzzer .

And to all those who participated in last night's raids on both sides.
Flying as shiverx

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
Wow!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006, 10:08:31 AM »
The reason I'm re-subbing is for AvA alone.

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS