Author Topic: Lazer Buff guns  (Read 5231 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Lazer Buff guns
« on: January 21, 2006, 06:40:59 PM »
For every gun on a bomber that can aim in the direction of where your shooting, to converge all at the exact same point, at 600 yards, is rediculous. Gunners where not this good, ever. What we have now is better than the radar guided guns on B52s.

I surely hope this is not what ToD or whatever its called will be like. Something needs to be done. By the time a 109 gets into firing range of a B17 he will be minus both wings and flaming down to earth.

IMO something needs to be done. This is not just a gripe because I die to buff guns. It's also because when I fly them I have no problem shooting nme planes down 1 after the next like fish in a barrel. They are so on par with the unrealistic FM of buffs its not funny. As it is they can drop bombs from any angle at any speed under any situation. Add to that these lazers and they're just a joke.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 06:45:37 PM »
yeah, see knite's AAR thread. the finns were in very close formation with ju88's, and it was like flying into a wall of lead. seeing as the buff guns are designed for single players flying single buffs in the late war MA, they need em, but when flying properly, trying to kill them with 303's its bloody impossible. there needs to be a randomiser effecting accuracy at range, less and less accurate the further out you go.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 07:02:48 PM »
This is my biggest worry about Combat Tour, Morph.  Remember HT's AI F4u?  It aimed for your head and didn't miss did it... now imagine a huge set of buffs all turbolasering AI pwn style at your head from 1,000+ yards in your 109.  Sharks w/ laser beams on their heads would be jealous.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 07:38:44 PM »
On a similar note. About how many hits do you guys hear before wings and such come off?

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 08:27:33 PM »
would this 600 yard spot where all the bullets converge just happen to be 600 yards off the buffs arse? only time a bomber got a kill on me this tour was when I had already damaged my own plane with killshooter on takeoff, the buff got a ping on me, 2 buff dies, niki hits my tail off, and dies, and the tofu eating, wine cooler swilling fluff drivr got the kill.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline outbreak

• Nickel Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 09:33:11 PM »
Bombers are to accurate in this game, Come in from the 6 and ur dead, come in at there 9 and heh ur lucky if ur alive, come in at their 12 and maybe. Come in from Below Possible come in from Above at an angle and most possible if in a good plane. Other than that ur Screwed in a 109.

Only good Buff killin 109 is the K4 with its 30mm, Put one of them in the wing root and it has no wing =].

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 09:40:16 PM »
Morph are you crying?if so that's funny as H**l

Hint:don't try too level 6 kill bombers.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 09:48:17 PM »
Yes they are accurate, but Ive fought guys who scream in from above in that bad spot between tail and upper, and back, screwing me up and wasting me without a ping. Then Ive fought guys who one at a time come up on my six and I waste them one after another.

I think its a little of both. Most guys just dont try hard enough most of the time. Yes the guns are strong, but imagine even 1 50 cal shooting a 5 sec burst at something 600 yds away...that isnt evading or weaving at all. Its gonna be mincemeat.

As far as the AI gunners...Id rather see the gunners put out points of fire from each gun..that randomly spourt out fire in the direction of the fighter. More like something the fighter can run thru and be hit occasionally, than be locked on and terminated.

~AoM~

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 10:01:43 PM »
Originally posted by AutoPilot
Morph are you crying?if so that's funny as H**l

Hint:don't try too level 6 kill bombers.

who is this newb?

I also said that they are far too accurrate from myself being in the gunners position.

You know where you can put your hint right?

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2006, 11:29:00 PM »
Ok, let me post somtething. I've had A LOT to drink, but it doesn't stop me fromt posting wisdom.

When attacking a fighter, you trade speed for surprise. You attack from the sun, from the clouds, from below 6'oclock, etc. You set up your path and prepare to get within 400 yards for that convergance sweet spot.

When attacking a bomber, you trade surprise for speed. The problem with bombers is that they are either lining up their shot (taking away the position of gunner) or trying to line on a fighter going at 500mph + (if possible). You can't surprise a bomber, you need to attack it in the spots where it is its weakest. Like: Beam, Flank, 12'o'clock, and straight from above. It is your own dang fault for being shot down by the combined firepower of 3 bombers. Attack from a position where you are vulnerable and you deserve to die. Dead-on six attacks are suicide, remember, the closing rate is the bomer's speed minus your speed, which can result in easy kills for the bomber. Study your target, study its turrets, study its arcs, and attack from positions of superiority. To do so otherwise is the mark of a impatient and amatuer pilot.

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006, 12:11:40 AM »
Originally posted by RTSigma
Ok, let me post somtething. I've had A LOT to drink, but it doesn't stop me fromt posting wisdom.

WOOOWOOOOOOOOO right on Sigma! I know it's when I'm at my wisest!!!

BTW, how goes it:)
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2006, 12:31:57 AM »
He still made sense, needs to drink more.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 12:47:54 AM »
lol look at you guys giving internet lessons on how to shoot down bomber.

Thanks but no thanks. And way to stay on topic. I am fully aware of how to and how not to shoot buffs down and do so on a regular basis. Drink less think more.

The topic of this thread was not how to go about shooting one down. It was about their completely unrealistic aiming ability. To have every gun that can point in a given direction from 3 B17's all hitting directly at 600 yards is a joke. Not to mention that they can shoot right through drones and hit what their aiming at on the other side.

No human in the world can aim a 50 caliber mounted on a moving plane no less, the way the bombers in AH can aim. There is no error between the gun position the player is in and the surrounding guns that are being aimed aimed by him. They are all aiming and hitting at the same spot at 600 yards.

This is not a whine. Call it whatever the heck you want to call it. But the simple fact remains, that the guns on the bombers in aces high are as realistic as a bomber in aces high being able to release bombs while inverted.

Maybe some of you like the Nintendo like realism of bombers. Maybe you think that's fun. I think its a joke. And takes alot away from what the game could be. Not to mention what CT is going to be.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 01:02:22 AM »
See? I brought this exact thing up on the Wishlist forum not too long ago. It's NOT just me.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006, 02:00:31 AM »
They haven't updated the B17/other B-buffs models yet, have they? (I dunno, buffs are ZZZZZZZ, haven't been in one in years). If not, let's hope they redo them for CT and fix the lazer taggers. I'd rather fight 3 la7's than fly into a gazillion AI-aimed lazer taggers trying to peg me between the eyes.
Army of Muppets