Author Topic: For Beetle (guns related)  (Read 434 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
For Beetle (guns related)
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2006, 10:33:30 AM »
these are the real numbers and rates by the FBI for murder and all crime..

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/03cius.htm

Go to table one volume and rate (for all crimes)  our crime has been steadily going down per capita as we increase gun ownership... now... england and other tyrannies rates have, of course, been going up.

The apologists for the tyrants will of course come up with a myriad of excuses as to why this is so but...

lazs

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2006, 10:47:34 AM »
replicant... why even show it then if not to make the point that guns are to blame?

http://www.uni-wuerzburg.de/IASR/suicide-table1.htm

shows suicide rates in all countries.   the U.S. is about 23 per 100k canada australia and new zealand are all over 26.  the UK is about 15   don't even look at gun free japan (37)   guns seem to have little or nothing to do with suicide rate or homicide rate for that matter.

If you are even interested their is a very good book on the subject called "The samaui the mountie and the cowboy" by Kopel that explains gun control laws and their effects in a lot of different countries and which are good ones and which would not work.

The book is a little dated being written in '96 but... that makes it even better as later data proves him not only right but prophetic.

course I know that you don't want the facts or any facts that would make you think but.... there it is... can't blame me for trying to help.

lazs

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2006, 10:53:22 AM »
Originally posted by texace
So in a nutshell:

Europeans when discussing American gun control laws: "Guns are deadly weapons, and there's more violent crime in American because of your laws."

Americans when discussing American gun laws: "Guns allow people to defend themselves from criminals, making society safer."

And the Gun Control Circle Jerk continues...

I don't really know.  I currently live in Germany and private gun ownership is allowed and the Police are armed and it seems very safe to me.  Where I live in Bavaria is the safest place I've ever been to or lived (though the county where I lived in the UK there were only 2 murders in the last 20 years).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 10:55:49 AM by Replicant »
NEXX

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2006, 10:54:16 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
these are the real numbers and rates by the FBI for murder and all crime..

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/03cius.htm

Go to table one volume and rate (for all crimes)  our crime has been steadily going down per capita as we increase gun ownership... now... england and other tyrannies rates have, of course, been going up.

The apologists for the tyrants will of course come up with a myriad of excuses as to why this is so but...

lazs

I can't get the PDF file to display at the moment so I'll have a look over the weekend.  Off out now to get very drunk (which alcohol is probably responsible for even more deaths) :D
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 10:56:39 AM by Replicant »
NEXX

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2006, 11:00:46 AM »
here.... 80% of all homicides involve alcohol.

lazs

Offline Colt44

• Silver Member
Lets not forget....
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2006, 01:00:05 PM »
Leading experts feel that violent video games, and the glorification of violence by television, music and movie industries as a leading cause of the increase in gun related violence.  

The guns have always been here in the U.S..  People never even kept them locked up years ago, they displayed them on the wall.   So what changed.  According to Lt. Col D. Grossman who has written several books on the subject,  its simple conditioning.  We have conditioned our children to kill via the media.

The media glorifies violence ... and if you watch any of shows or commercials for teens...who is the smartest person on the show?

The kids are... the parents are portrayed as stupid, out of touch and inept.  We are conditioning them to believe that they should not listen to their elders.  

This leads to the Super Preadator theory. That the lack of adult influence will lead the juveniles to develop there own standards of moral conduct.  

Kinda like the "No snitching" t-shirts, girls gone wild and the Gang banger mentality.  

The future should be interesting....