Author Topic: Training woahs  (Read 790 times)

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Training woahs
« on: January 23, 2006, 06:39:58 PM »
I checked into the training arena every other hour last Sunday starting around 9:00 am Eastern Time. I finally got Schatzi to go a few rounds with me late Sunday afternoon. Is it time the trainer list got a little larger? I know we can schedule a training session. But it would be cool if there were more time logged in the TA by training staff for the walk ins. Especially on the weekends. Thanks

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Training woahs
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 07:16:12 PM »
Yesterday I missed due to RL work.
Last Sunday I think I was in from 4pm until 9pm.
Today I was in from 10:30 until 12:15pm.
I should be up tomorrow at the same time as today.
You will also be able to find me this coming Wed thru Fri in the early evening.
However one of those evenings I do plan to get up and fly some in the MA :aok

Ask around to folks like JTD, Lambo, S2F, Schatzi, Dben, E5BRAVO, Aigo, Warhound, Kepmek, Bruno18 (?), Vilkas....the list goes on, there are so many....if they see trainers in there and have been helped.

Having 100 trainers does not necessarily mean all walk ins will be caught but we do make the effort....:) I will say that we don't live in the TA 24 hours a day. :)

Did you need some help or decided to drop by to see what goes on in the TA?
I'd be more than happy to give you a hand, thanks!

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Training woahs
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 08:24:48 PM »
I have no doubt that the Trainers cant be in the TA 24/7
I know what goes on in the TA.
I just asumed that there would be trainers in there more often...just went to TA every hour on the hour tonight from 5:00 pm est. till 9:20 pm est.
and found none. I didnt realize there were so many on staff.
Was just asking is all.
 Schatzi. Thanks a bunch
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 08:28:36 PM by Mugzeee »

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Training woahs
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 12:20:08 AM »
I'm sorry. I used the number 100 to make a point. Not make a statement that there are 100 Trainers floating around. Although there are many folks who help out when any noob asks questions. How many times a day do you hear some noob fellow asking some question about the game while flying in the MA? Then how many answers does he get? Lots! :) It happens in any arena, at any time. I guess thats waht makes our AH2 community to great!

I'd have to say the trainers show at all times of the day and stay anywhere from 1 hour - 5 hours depending on what's going on.

While we appreciate your concern for others I guess I wanna ask if you personally need some help? If so, I'd be happy to meet with you just as I and the other trainers do on an almost daily basis.

Please let me know as I stand ready to be of assistance.

Thanks

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Training woahs
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 04:10:18 AM »
Youre very welcome MugZ! >S<
Was fun fighting you!
21 is only half the truth.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Training woahs
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 05:44:23 AM »
Originally posted by Mugzeee
I checked into the training arena every other hour last Sunday starting around 9:00 am Eastern Time. I finally got Schatzi to go a few rounds with me late Sunday afternoon. Is it time the trainer list got a little larger? I know we can schedule a training session. But it would be cool if there were more time logged in the TA by training staff for the walk ins. Especially on the weekends. Thanks

no attack here on you Mugzeee, so don't take it that way, please....

I know Trainers do not live and breathe in the TA,  With the current way things are set up in the Trainers Corps( is what HTC wants calls it I guess) well the Trainers are on a schedule of  come and go as your schedule of reallife permits, with that said there have been recent/current discussions regarding somethings, somethings I will not elude to here, but  is someone having you or asking you to keep tabs on the Trainers? I mean gee dude, you been in this game for how long now? reading the training & helping forum, and you even mentioned it in your post about emailing and scheduling time to meet a trainer.

just seems to coincidental to have a thread pop up like this , so fast,  so soon. After certian /recent discussions..  I don't like walking around the lil hill/mtn. to get on the other side, ( sidestepping) , so , well stopping here............

could make some people wonder........anyways will drop it at that....

will request Skuzzy/HTC make some stickys on how to contact a trainer if one is not READILY available in the Training arena.

as a side note, I was in there last night at midnight, so that is 9pm PST, and there was only 3 people up, I stayed for a flight or 2 , and  carryed on my way.........noone wanted any help, or  had any questions so I went to have a relaxing dogfight in another arena.....

to sit in there is like wasting away most times when maybe 1 question comes along or 1 person asking for help out of 5 to 20 people in there once every 1 hour and 15 minutes on most nights, it has turned into a daycare/kiddie playground for most who are to scared to go to the MA or other arenas, in fear of getting there 6 handed to them..............my thoughts anyway ( and for a Long Time Too ).........and soon it hopefully will be cleaned up, sooner than later I hope.......

have a concern you can email me at  TequilaChaser at flyaceshigh.com...I'll do my best to make sure the Trainers Corps reach your needs.......

"oh, you said Sunday, I was at Church, I had fried chicken dinner, and I watched my panthers get their helmets slapped around for 3 or so hours, I did not know I was on call :D "  just kidding about the on call thing, ;)
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Training woahs
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 05:11:05 PM »
"no attack here on you Mugzeee"
Really?  "just seems to coincidental to have a thread pop up like this , so fast, so soon. After certian /recent discussions.. I don't like walking around the lil hill/mtn. to get on the other side, ( sidestepping) , so , well stopping here........" this seems rather suggestive. Im confused as ever. LOL I dont mind at all if you elaborate after opening up the door. Im not sure what you could be refering to as it would apply to this Topic and question? And im pretty sure i never made daragatory comments about or to trainers.
Email me if you wish.
No TC....im not babysitting the trainers. I was more just seeing the need to have them in the TA more often after my experience there. Can you argue that they aren’t needed more often, even if there is only a question or two every hour or so? I actually was thinking along the lines of offering help. I actually can spend a lot of time in there if need be. So last night I made sure to tune the "Help" channel and answer questions for about 3 hours. Was in TA for most of it, and then in the MA.
Anyway. g/l and thanks
Ren…as far as helping me? I’m beyond helping. LOL after all these years and I still stink at fighting.
But I can help the newbies learn the game interface and basic ACM. So i will be checking into the TA more often tuning the "Help" channel in all arenas and doing my part. Thanks

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
Training woahs
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 05:53:52 PM »
I spoke to GhostH a few times about becoming a trainer, and if you request to become one, all you need to do is hang out and assist the ones who generally suck less than you do :)

Too bad my PC died...I've been offline for about a year and it's killing me!

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Training woahs
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 07:33:27 PM »
Ren…as far as helping me? I’m beyond helping. LOL after all these years and I still stink at fighting.

NEVER, I TELL YA, NEVER~! :)

You ain't beyond help! Maybe I can just offer you a little different way of looking at the fight? It never hurts to give it a shot. Who knows ya might learn nothing or ya might learn something. Either way it's a win - win situation cause it's the flying that's fun!!!

As I do for eveyone, I'm here if ya wanna give it a shot.  As I had mentioned before I was up for a bit before work this morning but once I get off work tonight I'm off for the next 3 days. Post, shoot me an email or just show up. You'll prolly find me there.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 07:38:21 PM by DamnedRen »

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
Training woahs
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 10:19:28 PM »
Mugzeee,

2 post in this thread you have made are regarding to you for 2 straight days popping into the Training Arena, on every other hour or hourly intervals to see if Trainers were there. 1st Sir, you could have emailed the trainers at flyaceshigh.com, and have let us known that you was maybe seeking some help, or posted in this forum, requesting some help, without eluding to saying you never saw a Trainer for "2" days. All this is the reason I did as you mentioned and "opened the door" so to speak.

There was a  TA Vol. program, it was under developement, it was launched prematurely, stuff is being figured out, nothing more to say on that, <-----that lead me to coincidental gesture. btw I really do not have to explain myself to anyone, but I respect you enough, to let you know where I was coming from ( in public ).

next thing, I truely do not mind spending 2 hrs + answering 1 or 2 or 100 questions, showing someone something they are having trouble with. What I do find disturbing is the thing I mentioned about the way the current Training Arena is and has been for a good while.

next thing - "I FULLY SUPPORT" some type of scheduled training sessions , so the AH community has designated times and these times would be posted either as a sticky in this forum or on the main webpage of AH somewhere for all the community to see! to go a bit further, it would be even better if AH offered some type of resemblance to a Flight School Academy for newcomers, or even for people already here at this time that wished to participate in it.  Thing is , there has to be a "WANT FOR IT" by the Aces High community,  so there  we have  the dilemma...........how many read these boards? maybe 10% of  all the community? maybe have a survey posted like they used to do when you would log in to the Main Arena and it said click/vote on the following questions type thing.

so to repeat, I did not  want it to look like an attack on you, Mugz, I/We see the problems, I/We am trying to fix them, we as mentioned had a program we was building to help, and we put a hold on it,  I see things differently than some and I may just expect too much or more than most want.

I do know with out any doubt it can be better, the only question is when.........that my friend, the Trainers and I are trying our best to make happen sooner than later.........

as for people wanting to become Trainers - requirements -
-Patience & Thick skinned
-Good Character / accepted  WELL by the AH community
-Seasoned Vet ( preferably 3 years in game)
-noone under 18 years of age ( preferably older )
-Must possess the abilities to skillfully Teach in an understanding way to all
-Knowledge of  nearly all game mechanics / primarily planes,, troubleshooting ability with setup problems, Good typing skillz......
-knowledge of BFM,ACM,tactics,Energy management, concept of SA ( Situational Awareness)
-Have the desire to help & teach/train  no egomaniacs wanted!!!!
- NOTE - one may be a hot arse stick but not have the aptitude to train, is a totally different beast
-  NOTE - the ones who help  day in and day out and ask for nothing in return or to be on the Training staff, stick out more than someone asking to be a Trainer  every single day!!!!
-NOTE- new Trainers are picked by the current Trainers and we do not play favortism or buddy buddy.....if we did it would be All Damned, or All Sky Pirates  or All Assassins or All Mongerols (<---spelling) etc etc etc....

but all request are looked at and reviewed......
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 10:40:08 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Training woahs
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 06:46:20 AM »
You seem to be taking this personally TC.
TC...i will only say that i assumed that trainers would be in the TA more often. I was checking in for some quick tips with maybe 1 or 2- 1v1's followed by some suggestions is all. It was late in the afternoon. I would have to go to bed that night and get up for work the next day. Had i generated an email on that afternoon would it have been likely that 4, 6, even 10 hours later i would be in a scedual training session?
This is what made me think that maybe there might not be enough on the training staff with enough range in RL scedual to allow the TA to be occupied more often by the Trainers.
MugZ...........out

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Training woahs
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2006, 07:41:37 AM »
id be happy to be a trainer. I'm not so sure if the trainers would be though. :)
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
Training woahs
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2006, 08:32:40 AM »
You seem to be taking this personally TC.

No Sir, nothing personal, people always read my text in the wrong manner

TC...i will only say that i assumed that trainers would be in the TA more often. I was checking in for some quick tips with maybe 1 or 2- 1v1's followed by some suggestions is all. It was late in the afternoon. I would have to go to bed that night and get up for work the next day. Had i generated an email on that afternoon would it have been likely that 4, 6, even 10 hours later i would be in a scedual training session?
This is what made me think that maybe there might not be enough on the training staff with enough range in RL scedual to allow the TA to be occupied more often by the Trainers.
MugZ...........out

valid points you have made Mugz, about scheduling a time/session.  and  there just might be a need for more Trainers, or maybe for scheduled / same time on a given day type of training set up, so people knew exactly when the Trainers would be in the Training Arena. some possibly scheduled for morning times and some for evening times so every individual around the world could be helped efficiently. truely appreciate your concern.

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Training woahs
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2006, 02:46:02 PM »
Trainer is kind of a thankless, and unpaid, job. As such, to expect somebody to put a full days work into the TA day after day, is unrealistic. They also like to play the game with their free time.

Also it  is unrealistic to just drop in and expect an extended training session. Especially when it is busy in the TA. The experienced player wants advanced training, while another wants to know how to take off or even start the engine, another how to drop bombs, another can't understand why his aircraft keeps falling out of the sky and whats that buzzing noise.

All this while trying keep people following the rules and dealing with some brats that just won't.

I have learned from them as well as other experienced players who hang out in there.

That said, it is not uncommon for somebody to say"Is there a trainer in here?" to be told not at the moment. Others will help if they can but sometimes they will have to defer. I realize the reasons for this.

Just sayin' is all

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Training woahs
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2006, 05:16:07 PM »
Originally posted by Lye-El
Trainer is kind of a thankless, and unpaid, job.

I agree.
As such, to expect somebody to put a full days work into the TA day after day, is unrealistic. They also like to play the game with their free time.
 I don’t.
Also it  is unrealistic to just drop in and expect an extended training session. .
It is. I didn’t. I was just thinking that if there were more trainers from around the globe or their jobs had them working different shifts, it would make their presence more common.
Especially when it is busy in the TA. The experienced player wants advanced training, while another wants to know how to take off or even start the engine, another how to drop bombs, another can't understand why his aircraft keeps falling out of the sky and whats that buzzing noise

All this while trying keep people following the rules and dealing with some brats that just won't. .

That’s the sacrifice required i think.

That said, it is not uncommon for somebody to say"Is there a trainer in here?" to be told not at the moment. .

Is what i was trying to point out.
My original post "I checked into the training arena every other hour last Sunday starting around 9:00 am Eastern Time. I finally got Schatzi to go a few rounds with me late Sunday afternoon. Is it time the trainer list got a little larger? I know we can schedule a training session. But it would be cool if there were more time logged in the TA by training staff for the walk ins. Especially on the weekends. Thanks" From this TC asked me "is someone having you or asking you to keep tabs on the Trainers?" And you wonder why ppl read your post wrong TC? Of course I got the feeling that you suggested I was some sort of trainer spy or something. Any normal thinking educated person would come away with the same conclusion given your comment.
How in the name of Billy goats bluff this thread ended up like it did is beyond my thinking.
PS. i started getting the feeling that i was missing something that TC was eluding to. I did a search on "trainer" And found an interesting thread HERE :rofl  You thought i was going to link it, didn’t ya? ;) No TC..i hadn’t read this thread untill now. But i be willing to bet a weeks pay that this is what you were "Not eluding" to "buddy".
Lets just say i think i know what you were eluding to while not eluding to it. ;)  Take the suggestions or leave em. I was only making an observation followed by a suggestion.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 05:19:45 PM by Mugzeee »