Author Topic: VF-17 Re-forming and re-cruiting!  (Read 2190 times)

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
VF-17 Re-forming and re-cruiting!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2006, 11:49:04 PM »
Just to chime in on this briefly.  I havent had a chance to get with everyone yet.  Most have just been added to the roll in the last couple days.  I'd like to establish at least 1 night a week where we can fly together.  What that night is will be determined by when everyone is available.  Above and beyond that, I'd like to establish a solid core that not only can wing up when online and show up for a squad night, but also get into the Friday night squad ops and into scenarios as a group.  I'll discuss this more with the group later this week, although last week and this week are very busy for me.  I am committed to making time available to make this work for all of us.  AH is just alot more fun when you can wing with a group.

Edit

Any of you who signed up this week, please email me at

rehogue@hawaii.rr.com

I need to get a full list of email addresses so I can put the mailing list together and get us started on organizing.  Thanks!

SA2
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 11:51:47 PM by StarOfAfrica2 »

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2006, 12:22:27 AM »
Who gets the films of my 5 F4U traps for carrier qual???

Next batch will be the Seafire followed by the Zeke

Jim "boxboy" Harrison
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2006, 08:05:31 AM »
Send 'em to my home address. nicholsw at charter dot net
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 11:58:52 PM »
If ever I get another box set up and reconnected to the matrix and all. I'm in the DFW area now. I hear tell the convention is in june here and the registration fees are waived. Comin'? :D

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2006, 08:25:53 AM »
I'll have to see but I am in DFW area a couple of times a year with all the customers I have in that area. I should be through there before the con though.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2006, 08:49:37 AM »
Sounds like a plan. :)

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2006, 10:55:12 AM »
Just wondering what is happening with squad?? I know a couple of guys have moved on due to inactivity.  Any idea on when or where we are going to meet? squad nights etc.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2006, 09:54:47 PM »
Who has moved on? The last thing I saw on squad night was what SA2 sent out asking for input on the availability. I will drop another e-mail out tonight asking the same thing. I am trying to put a mission together for Sunday afternoon/night because I have a meeting scheduled for 6pm Central time. Look for an e-mail here shortly.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2006, 10:04:06 PM »
Croc for one and there was another one whom I can't recall at the moment, but he was the first guy I contacted early on, Skratt???
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2006, 11:27:54 PM »

This is my only memory of my time in VF-17.  Yes, that's Arlo at the scoreboard, right before he handed me another bottle to finish off.  Man, those were the days...what I remember of them.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2006, 06:54:01 AM »
Hiya, mate! :D

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2006, 01:48:00 AM »
Howdy!!
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2006, 02:57:09 AM »
Just a quick note to let ya know that I won't fly Knights much longer, I am on alot and the Knit side is ALWAYS out numbered.  I don't like being gangbanged the whole time I am on and since the squad is NOT large enough to overcome this detraction for me. I must switch back to Rooks even if this means leaving the squad.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2006, 12:21:30 PM »
I understand your frustration.  Actually I blame myself a bit, I havent been online nearly as much as I planned to be lately.  Life has just conspired against me.  And while I know thats no consolation for a guy like you who joined up looking for relief from that gangbanging thing, I just havent been able to do anything about it.  I apologize.  

As to the move to the Knights, I asked for it because I usually prefer being on the side that needs numbers.  More targets.  :)  I do know it can be frustrating flying for them though.  Alot of the guys who choose to fly Knights are lone wolf types that dont give chk 6 calls and wont clear you if you get someone on your tail.  The issue I see is this:

Reschke and I decided on a rotating country setup when we started recruiting, for many reasons.  One is that each "country" is a little different in the averages of flying styles and such.  I think exposure to all 3 and to all the various squads out there (flying WITH them, and AGAINST them) is good for us.  While I understand you are frustrated with flying as a Knight right now, you have to understand that some might not like flying Rooks or some might not enjoy being Bishop.  Each one of us is different, just like each country is a bit different.  We take what we learn from each one, and we take what we learn from each other, and we put it together.

If I may make a suggestion?  If it is getting stressful, try flying in the AvA arena awhile.  The fighting is so different in there usually that it makes for a nice break.  I try to divide my time between the two, helps avoid burnout.

In the end though, you do what you want to do, what makes you happy.  You pay money to be in this game.  Dont let me or anyone else force you to play in a way that you dont enjoy.  If things get stressful enough for you that you want to leave, then by all means do what is necessary.  I wont think less of you for doing what you feel needs to be done.  If you want to email me about it, feel free.  I can get and respond to email alot easier than I can log into AH lol.  :)  My email is rehogue@hawaii.rr.com

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2006, 05:09:07 PM »
Don't worry about the whole country thing. We will flip flop from time to time and this just happens to be the time we go Knight. I on the other hand can't stand hiding in a horde and didn't like the times I flew Knight last week because everyone jumped on the kill LCA bandwagon at the same time. I flew two or three times other than squad night for a couple of hours each and absolutely couldn't get into the rythm of the game because there were more Knights than the other two countries...BUT that gets me off into a whole different direction with a rant because I can't stand the 3 country pie but I have to deal with it.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"