Author Topic: A concern  (Read 817 times)

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
A concern
« on: January 25, 2006, 06:05:59 AM »
I'm thinking about it since I saw the rps... what will happen when we'll get to the 1943 status?

I mean, right now the 2 sides are well balanced, planeset-wise, and this surely gives a great contribution to the fun we're having in AvA... but what will happen when the uber allied rides and the porked LW birds will be available? Will we still have fun? Or will the AvA become a sort of minor MA? Surely, we won't have dweebs or noobs here (most of the pilots who fly in AvA are the good, old sticks sick of MA), but, still, this point is concerning me....

Why don't we just stop at 1943, waiting for Combat Tour? :)
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
A concern
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 06:39:08 AM »
Gian,

welcome in the rolling plane set hell.

Now, do yourself a favour, put your GORE-TEX (R) flame resistant suit on ;)
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline hogenbor

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.lookupinwonder.nl
Re: A concern
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 06:50:49 AM »
Originally posted by Gianlupo
but what will happen when the uber allied rides and the porked LW birds will be available? Will we still have fun? Or will the AvA become a sort of minor MA? Surely, we won't have dweebs or noobs here (most of the pilots who fly in AvA are the good, old sticks sick of MA), but, still, this point is concerning me....

I'm a bit worried about that too, what if the Axis only have the not so great Fw-190A's and Bf-109-G6's? They will have a hard time against Spit IX's and early P-47's, P-38's and P-51's, not to mention the fast and quadruple Hizooka armed Typhoon.

As for the dweeb and noob factor... I have to say I play AH a lot more due to the AvA setup but I'm still as hopeless as I ever was... and I've flown only Allies so far  :D

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
A concern
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 07:11:53 AM »
Lol, Gatt, thank you! I'll put the vest on, but, honestly, mine wasn't meant to be a troll about the worn LW/Allied planes argument, just a sincere concern about the fate of what, right now, it's, from my (our) POV, the best arena we have. I just wanted to know if I'm the only one who have this concern (and I see I'm not :) ) and to see if and what we can do to preserve this fun oasis. :)

Hogenbor, I'm hopeless too! I just wanted to say that in AvA, luckily we don't have players who just ruin the fun we're having, only well behaving players. ;)

I'm curious to know what the others think... and don't worry, Gatt, my family come from the Etna vulcan, I know how to handle the heat! :D
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Have

• Silver Member
A concern
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 07:13:21 AM »
And not to mention day 13 (is the number an omen?) which introduces Spit XVI (among the other poor planes like P-51D) and gives the axis 109G14. I suspect that we will be seeing a lot of "AvA sucks!" threads instead of the current "AvA is great!!" :rolleyes:

If there was a vote then i would also say that stop the RPS to the 1943 setup.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
A concern
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 07:35:38 AM »
Yeah it's been fun watching the LW land 80% of the kills. Now that it's closing in on the day when the Allied guys can shoot back, lets stop it right here.:rofl :rofl :rofl :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
A concern
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 07:59:13 AM »
Actually, the main LW squad in the AvA does pretty well on balance against the '44-'45 planes. Fly as a team with the other LW pilots and you can compete, its not easy, but you can do it.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
A concern
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 08:07:15 AM »
Originally posted by Grits
Actually, the main LW squad in the AvA does pretty well on balance against the '44-'45 planes. Fly as a team with the other LW pilots and you can compete, its not easy, but you can do it.

Grits is right

Follow Storch , and company . JG54 always manages to be lethal.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline hogenbor

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.lookupinwonder.nl
A concern
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 08:31:11 AM »
We'll just have to wait and see. I also do not want to beat the old 'LW is undermodeled' horse again.

We have a lot of fun now, if the fun diminishes due to the fact that the LW can't compete anymore, we'll have to find a solution. I have no problem with limiting the RPS to 1943, or even giving the LW some planes before their 'due date'.

Hey, that gives me an idea, I'll open a seperate thread for that.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
A concern
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 08:53:27 AM »
And the ongoing problem with trying to make things fun and somewhat balanced still continues. A rolling planeset is a wonderful idea but really hard to implement without limiting someones favorite ride; whether by base limits or perk points. Good Luck to you all in figuring that one out. In the 2 years I was on the CT Staff not once were we truly able to do it without using a combination of the two types of limitations.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Sable

• Copper Member
A concern
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 09:01:28 AM »
Given that the RAF won't have a plane that can catch the 190s and 109s on the deck until Day 18, I think the 5 or so days of P-51D/Spit 16 full availability at the end aren't that bad.

Offline SASMOX

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
A concern
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2006, 09:35:45 AM »
I am sure, that some people will cry and whine, that the plane set is unbalanced. Sometimes virtual life s**ks:D

But for me ( I mostly fly on axis side), it will be challenge.

If  I have a worse plane than enemy, so I just have to fly better and more wisely, than enemy does.

If you feel that you lose, because you have worse plane than enemy, just switch to other side and stop whining ;)

I think, that the rolling plane set is great. I hope, that we will get more early planes to AH (AvA) in future.

See you all in the AvA soon:aok

Offline 715

• Silver Member
A concern
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2006, 10:38:36 AM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Yeah it's been fun watching the LW land 80% of the kills. Now that it's closing in on the day when the Allied guys can shoot back, lets stop it right here.:rofl :rofl :rofl :aok

I second that sarcasm.

(Although it isn't quite accurate: 80% is a 4:1 advantage for LW, it's actually closer to 2:1)

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
A concern
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2006, 11:39:41 AM »
Originally posted by Shifty

I am with Shifty on this one. That is the point of a RPS - the advantage shifts back and forth between sides as new planes come out. The Axis enjoys a big advantage now before long it will shift to the Allies. Just as it did in WW2. Don't freeze the plane set at 43 - BAD IDEA - plus it's not fair for those that fly Allied and took their drubbing. The Axis can still be competive with the late war rides but they will just have to work harder for it.

BUT.....

As I look into my old crystal ball mounted here in the cockpit - I "forsee" a massive shift from Axis to Allies as the new planes come out.

Axis Guys, enjoy the advantage you have and those kills you are getting now. They are about to come back and HAUNT YOU!  BOOOOOOO!  :D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 11:44:38 AM by Jester »
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
A concern
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2006, 11:53:25 AM »
as soon as the 190A5 is available i will be flying axis and blasting spit wings untill the pacific scenario.

luft planes ARE NOT PORKED. they just take a little more skill to fly well.

yuo can always gang a spit 2 on 1 and win 70% of the time.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]