Author Topic: A concern  (Read 816 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
A concern
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2006, 12:00:15 PM »
Batty, I prefer to say "they are still effective, despite porkage" :)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
A concern
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 12:07:52 PM »
Originally posted by SASMOX
I am sure, that some people will cry and whine, that the plane set is unbalanced. Sometimes virtual life s**ks:D

But for me ( I mostly fly on axis side), it will be challenge.

If  I have a worse plane than enemy, so I just have to fly better and more wisely, than enemy does.

If you feel that you lose, because you have worse plane than enemy, just switch to other side and stop whining ;)

I think, that the rolling plane set is great. I hope, that we will get more early planes to AH (AvA) in future.

See you all in the AvA soon:aok

Amen to that.  Take it as a challenge, not that you should always be able to fly a plane that is better then your opponant.  

Just cause your kills might take a bit more work, doesn't mean that you can't get them.

And yeah, the LW stuff is porked and the Allied stuff is uber, gets a bit old after a while.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
A concern
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 01:21:55 PM »
Originally posted by 715
I second that sarcasm.

(Although it isn't quite accurate: 80% is a 4:1 advantage for LW, it's actually closer to 2:1)

I'm really not refering to kills, as much as landed kills in the text buffer. Looked like Luftwaffe roll call every night. I think performance wise yes the BOB was as close to even as you can get. The firepower issue is something else.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
A concern
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2006, 01:24:48 PM »
Lol, Gatt was right! :p

Sorry, I couldn't explain myself.

Shifty, I don't mind flying axis, like I don't mind flying allies in these days. I've done both, and I usually switch in the same session, too... and I don't really care about the LW/allies ride matter... I suck in everything, so... :D

What I mean is that in these days we are making much "promotion" to AvA in the BB (and maybe even in MA), so other players will join and will try it... what if, eventually, at the turn of the tide, they'll began to constantly play on the allies side? Or if people get bored and go away?

The only think I don't want, is this arena to become dead again or porked like the Main.
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
A concern
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2006, 02:06:15 PM »
Originally posted by Gianlupo
Lol, Gatt was right! :p

Sorry, I couldn't explain myself.

Shifty, I don't mind flying axis, like I don't mind flying allies in these days. I've done both, and I usually switch in the same session, too... and I don't really care about the LW/allies ride matter... I suck in everything, so... :D

What I mean is that in these days we are making much "promotion" to AvA in the BB (and maybe even in MA), so other players will join and will try it... what if, eventually, at the turn of the tide, they'll began to constantly play on the allies side? Or if people get bored and go away?

The only think I don't want, is this arena to become dead again or porked like the Main.

I agree with you on not wanting the arena to die completely. A couple of more dedicated Axis squads  other then JG54, and the Finns , would be a big help. I hear what your saying about some people will swap sides to the one with the advantage. Thats always going to happen. I still say we should let this thing play out before making any changes.

The two Axis squads that stay in the AVA right now seem to do well no matter what the setup is.  I usually stay Axis if I'm in an Axis squad , or Allied if I'm in an Allied squad. If it's a non squad night I'll swap for the sake of ballance, plus I always love to grab a 190 any chance I get.

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
A concern
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2006, 02:17:20 PM »
as someone who has flown the CT since the days it was just Jamusta, myself and joedog VS JG54(i know there was a CT community long before this, but i was certainly part of the core that stayed when everyone else left), when arena numbers were maxed out at 8, i know that the sinlge most important thing is the quality of players.

its not what planes we fly, its how to keep the tards in the MA.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
A concern
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2006, 03:06:11 PM »
Originally posted by Shifty
I hear what your saying about some people will swap sides to the one with the advantage.

Dont forget about the squad who's only purpose to switch to the one that is outnumbered, not to the one that has the advantage. Sometimes when things are balanced like now, you will see us on both sides at the same time.

The dedicated Axis/Allied squads are the focus of the AvA, but the one dedicated "side balancers" squad, The Gunfighters, can play an important role in keeping things balanced when the planeset itself is not.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
A concern
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2006, 03:17:07 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
as someone who has flown the CT since the days it was just Jamusta, myself and joedog VS JG54(i know there was a CT community long before this, but i was certainly part of the core that stayed when everyone else left), when arena numbers were maxed out at 8, i know that the sinlge most important thing is the quality of players.

its not what planes we fly, its how to keep the tards in the MA.

Theres some of us that go back before then. There was a time CT was empty before this last drought. We populated it then, formed squads, and had a pretty good thing going. We may be under new names now , and differnet squads. We were here before JG54, in fact I was one of the founders of JG54.  None of it matters or means a thing , anymore then your thinking your some kind of plank owning hero.

One thing that causes people to stay away is attitude. Labeling MA guys tards doesn't help.

I have never been a MA flyer , always a CT flyer. If I flew MA I'd probably get waxed every sortie no matter what i was in. One problem CT/AVA has always had is numbers.  So easy with the elietist BS. I'd like it if the whole bunch from MA came over and gave it a try.

Just because a guy flys mainly in MA it doesn't make him a  tard. These guys that have been in AVA the past two weeks from MA are some of the best sticks, and best personalities I've ever had the pleasure to fly with or against.  If you want quality set the standard, don't start mocking others.
My experiance has usually been the  guy calling people tards is the tard.

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
A concern
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2006, 03:21:02 PM »
Well said, Shifty.

Now, let's see this setup through, then we can have a post-RPS discussion on what to improve for the next round. (My 2 cents on this subject).
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
A concern
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2006, 04:05:21 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
Dont forget about the squad who's only purpose to switch to the one that is outnumbered, not to the one that has the advantage. Sometimes when things are balanced like now, you will see us on both sides at the same time.

The dedicated Axis/Allied squads are the focus of the AvA, but the one dedicated "side balancers" squad, The Gunfighters, can play an important role in keeping things balanced when the planeset itself is not.

Your right Grits the Gunfighters are fantastic in the way they support the arena, by side balancing. They never get any credit for it though.:aok

Offline allmetal

• Nickel Member
A concern
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2006, 04:15:20 PM »
Grits is right

Follow Storch , and company . JG54 always manages to be lethal.

(marks down the date and takes note of a possible compliment to JG54)

:D

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
A concern
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2006, 04:36:45 PM »
Ive seen some very good LW pilots in the MA that are actually willing to turn and fight instead of the usual boring 1 pass and run.  However, seeing good LW pilots is also very rare.  However I have more of a feeling that more people will fly LW as they are the faster planes and better for BnZ.  If I have to though I will seperate from my beloved 38 and fly LW as I will be a complete noob in them and have to do the boring BnZ tatic.  But if its the case where everyone is just doing BnZ I might as well go back the MA, as least I can get it there and hopefully find a furball.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
A concern
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2006, 06:06:49 PM »
Your right Grits the Gunfighters are fantastic in the way they support the arena, by side balancing. They never get any credit for it though.:aok

It is my hope now that the Gunfighters are larger, that no dedicated no member of an Allied or Axis squad will be forced to switch off their chosen side because of numbers. I would like to see those squads be allowed to stay together as units, since they are (and should be) the focus of the AvA's future.

Plus, there are no kills I enjoy more than killing my own guys while chit-talking them (Oldman excluded)  on squad VOX. :)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
A concern
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2006, 10:43:13 PM »
Originally posted by Panzzer
Well said, Shifty.

Now, let's see this setup through, then we can have a post-RPS discussion on what to improve for the next round. (My 2 cents on this subject).

Exactly. Let it play out and keep the criticism somewhat focused on making the RPS better for the next go around. We all get people have very different opinions on plane modelling, damage, weapon effectiveness, and so on. Keep in mind what we all can actually do and focus on that to make the AvA a kick bellybutton place to play.