Author Topic: Salute for Schatzi  (Read 1466 times)

Offline Socks

• Zinc Member
Salute for Schatzi
« on: January 28, 2006, 10:41:12 PM »
I'd like to thank Schatzi for spending a good hour and twenty minutes (duration of film I recorded for later review, so even longer) this morning in the TA showing me that I sure didn't know as much as I thought I did. From her showing me the importance of vertical seperation, some basic manuevers and their uses, giving me a better understanding of the merge, and explaining everything to me every step of the way what I did wrong, what I could've done, and what I should've done. It really has kick-started my interest and dedication in improving my "game" in every sense. Every engagement now, in any arena, is to be considered a learning experience instead of a frustration of getting shot down.

From the fight after the first merge ending in 2 seconds with Schatzi on my 6, to the last fight after the last merge some 1 hour and 10 minutes later ending in a solid 8 minutes, I really have to thank Schatzi and the whole Training Corps for what you guys do - to take time out of free time to help players that are willing to improve in any aspect. I can only high suggest any player whether new, average, or just wanting to learn something to take advantage of the great utility that's been provided for us. The tools are there, the Training Arena is in place, there are patient trainers that can tailor to what you need.. all it takes is a little initiative on your part.

So I  will be getting on the horn shortly in seeking out a trainer that's capable of some weekly sessions like Schatzi suggested. There's a plethora of stuff to learn, practice, and utilize and it all starts somewhere. Thanks for the wake-up call Schatzi, but of the good kind. A big to you, and the entire Training Corps.

-Socks

Offline daMIG

• Copper Member
Ditto that
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 05:37:40 AM »
:D Well put Socks. Schatzi does a great job and quietly continues to help all those who ask. The trainers corp does a great job. I owe them alot myself. It is people like Schatzi, fuzeman, Silat, WMLute, baddog, Knuckels and the rest that make this community the best!

miggy
"...and may your sites run true and ur six hard to hit."

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Salute for Schatzi
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 05:49:07 AM »
she is indeed a wonderfull soul, and a dangerous fighter pilot.

i would ask you fellows to return the circle, in 6 months time help out one person looking to improove, and the circle continues :aok
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Salute for Schatzi
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 06:23:30 AM »
Shes mostly harmless just stay 800yards away from hurry mk1 its no problem with a plane that has more than snail speed.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Salute for Schatzi
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 06:26:32 AM »
>S< Socks and thank *you*. As i said, the pleasure was all mine, i had a great hour and a half with you there! Its great to have people show interest in improving themselves and learning and not just asking for "the button that makes them turn tighter".

Ill always be happy to fight you again!

Thanks miggy and Bat for your kind words as well. >S< you both as well.

Bat, when i still wore my AH diapers, you took me to DA and showed me "the ropes". And countless other players and trainers did as well. Huge Thank Yous for that. Im just giving a little bit of what i got back to the community. And to top it off,  i have fun doing it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 06:32:19 AM by Schatzi »
21 is only half the truth.

Offline daMIG

• Copper Member
ur right
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 07:31:51 AM »
..and thanks to Ren, BatfinkV, daddyack, that goofy brit Pooface, mAxiss, SloeHand  =NKL= Racrx, countless others.... my apologies, i lost a few braincells in the 60's. Makes the game "NEW Map" every day.

laters, I gotta go p

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Salute for Schatzi
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 07:43:04 AM »
goofy brit?? :D

and yeah, schatzi, big . i always see you in there doing whatever you can. if there's one person here that should be promoted to trainer it'd be you. i think it might be a good idea to get a few european trainers.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Salute for Schatzi
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 07:50:55 AM »
she says i helped her, shes being too kind. I just shot her down SOOOOOO many times untill she got mad enough and reversed me and blasted me big time :D

S! miggy, i take it youve seen our web page and the roster photos then :p

*ducks poo's uppercut and dives for my P40*

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Salute for Schatzi
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2006, 09:22:44 AM »
lol, that picture of me on squad site is HORRIBLE!!

lol, long time before i got contacts and a haircut lol. then when i posted a new pic in squad forum they all said i had a long neck lol.

im cursed. i can never seem to get a decent photot of myself:lol

the said picture:

note the 'long neck' due to wide angle webcam lens lol.

its still a terrible picture lol, i need to get around to getting a proper one some day:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 09:28:43 AM by Pooface »

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Salute for Schatzi
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2006, 09:39:31 AM »
you're so sexy poo! any girraffe would be lucky to have you :p

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Salute for Schatzi
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2006, 10:51:30 AM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
you're so sexy poo! any girraffe would be lucky to have you :p

lol, shut up clown boy. who wants to see batfink dressed up as a gothic clown??????? i know i do, very funny:aok :p

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Salute for Schatzi
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2006, 10:53:19 AM »
Yup, some of the best people you'll ever meet in this game, you'll find in the TA. I know I owe a lot to the training staff and others in there who would just help out. Socks, you're lucky to have run into Schatzi, she's a VERY good stick and fun to be around. I know I've felt the wrath of her many a times:D

Originally posted by B@tfinkV
i would ask you fellows to return the circle, in 6 months time help out one person looking to improove, and the circle continues :aok

This is great advice. I think the game would be a better place if more people would do this.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Salute for Schatzi
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2006, 10:58:49 AM »
well, a lot of people do, its just the burger kings are too busy vulching cherrypickin, and kill stealing in the MA to come visit us perverted teacher types :D

stop by some time, i haven't seen you about for a while

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Salute for Schatzi
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2006, 11:04:51 AM »
I was just in there yesterday getting beat up by Schatzi:D
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Salute for Schatzi
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2006, 11:10:41 AM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
I was just in there yesterday getting beat up by Schatzi:D

Haha. It took me over 3 hours to pluck all the bullets out of my butt!!!! You creamed me up well last night Super! But i got a great excuse for it - NEW STICK!!! ;)  :lol
21 is only half the truth.