Author Topic: Little something I whipped together for our Super Bowl party  (Read 293 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Little something I whipped together for our Super Bowl party
« on: January 29, 2006, 05:05:28 PM »
I assembled a DVD movie in tribute of the Seahawks "Incredible" season to show prior to our Superbowl party we're having at our house. This web version of the movie are still pictures taken from the Seattle Seahawks website wtih some of my own added, formatted with music and information of each game. There are about 5 regular season games and the playoff games covered in this movie. I have formatted it to streaming video so that you may enjoy it. It is 320 resolution, so the res isn't that good. Wish I had more storage space, as the 640 streaming looks alot better.

Anyway, enjoy the show, it is 9 minutes long, and its titled "Detroit Hawk City".  Now you'll know why after Feb. 5th that we were the best team in the 2005-2006 season. ;)

http://home.comcast.net/~ripsnort60/Seahawks_2005_2006.wmv

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 10:28:18 PM »
Hey, I hear the NFL might start outsourcing the support staff for the team. By 2010, the entire player base will also be outsourced to save on labor costs in the US.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 11:26:44 PM »
Actually, I was just thinking about something today.

How long do you think it will be til Canada picks up a Football team?
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 08:21:02 AM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
Actually, I was just thinking about something today.

How long do you think it will be til Canada picks up a Football team?

They have CFL and they're happy with it.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 10:23:58 AM »
link did not work for me

I don't care who wins as long as the score is in my $5 square :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Little something I whipped together for our Super Bowl party
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 11:03:24 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Now you'll know why after Feb. 5th that we were the best team in the 2005-2006 season. ;)

Calm down killer, Don't jinx it. I was thinking about posting a "Why the Steelers will win Super Bowl 40" But frankly, I dont know who will win, All's I know is that its going to be a great game!

My birthday is Super Bowl Weekend. And All I want is a Steeler Win. But Ive got my Super Bowl Checklist down pat.

1. 3 4-packs of Guinness Draught
2. Super Bowl XL Ben Roethlisberger Away White Jersey. (perfect for spilling Guinness on)
3. 65" Sony with Surround System
4. Hot Wings/Ranch/Celery
5. A couple of my best friends, and of course my Girlfriend who loves to root on the Steelers to Victory!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 11:10:51 AM by Nefarious »
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: Little something I whipped together for our Super Bowl party
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 11:11:47 AM »
Originally posted by Nefarious
Calm down killer, Don't jinx it. I was thinking about posting a "Why the Steelers will win Super Bowl 40" But frankly, I dont know who will win, All's I know is that its going to be a great game!
Hard to jinx talent. ;)

It will be a very close game, the first half. I think we're about to witness another MNF game like when Seattle dismantled what was advertised as a "very good Eagles Defense" early this year....

Good article in the Washington Post sports section:

Look Behind the Curtain And You'll Find Another Team

By Tony Kornheiser

Monday, January 30, 2006; Page E02

On-site Super Bowl coverage basically begins tomorrow with the million-microphone march known as Media Day. The coverage up until today has been amazingly kissy-kissy toward the Steelers. It's hard to find anything at all written about Seattle. The Seahawks are playing on Sunday, aren't they? Or has the mayor of Detroit already awarded the Super Bowl to Jerome Bettis?

Of course, the Steelers are the sentimental favorites. Everybody knows Bettis's story and loves him. More importantly, everybody knows Bettis. And everybody knows Ben Roethlisberger. And Hines Ward. And Troy Polamalu and his magnificent mane. Plus, everybody remembers the great Steelers of the past, like Bradshaw, Swann, Ham, Lambert, Stallworth and Franco. The Hall of Fame is practically the private dining room of the Steel Curtain Steelers. And everybody likes the Steelers. They aren't easily hateable like, say, the Cowboys or the Giants or the smug Patriots. The Steelers look the part of a football dynasty. Start with Bill Cowher's massive chin. That's a football coach's chin, son. And Pittsburgh is a football-playing town.

The Seahawks' problem is nobody knows them. How can you root for them if you don't know who they are? They're tucked up there in the far northwest corner of the country; they're so far north and west of the Mississippi, Lewis and Clark didn't even get there -- they reached the Pacific Ocean in Oregon! Go ahead, name five Seahawks. I'll give you Matt Hasselbeck and Shaun Alexander. I'll even give you the coach, Mike Holmgren. You're still stuck. The Seahawks were never a dynasty. They have no history. They have no romance. They have this week, that's all.

The Steelers are four-point favorites because nobody knows Seattle, so nobody cares passionately about Seattle. All the sentimental money is on Pittsburgh. Don't be surprised if later this week the smart money goes on Seattle.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 11:14:17 AM by Ripsnort »

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 01:09:14 PM »
I think its rediculous to give the 6th seeded Steelers a 4 point margin. Especially since their playing the Number 1 team in the NFC.

We'll just have to wait and see. I'm glad your're confident in the Seahawks, I'm confident the Steelers will win, but Im not going to make a 9 minute video of Steeler Highlights. ;)

Just be careful of our 3-4, If Hasselbeck continually faces pressure and Hurry ups, I think he will start throwing mistakes, And you know how hungry our secondary is. I think for the Seahawks to be successful thier Offense has to play better than our Defense. Not make mistakes, and be effective with Alexander. If the Seahawks cant do it, they wont win.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!