Author Topic: 'Ello leggies  (Read 182 times)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
'Ello leggies
« on: January 30, 2006, 02:23:32 PM »
Well, I'm back and am back in my office after arriving on-island a couple of hours ago.

FANTASTIC trip!!!!!

I got into Toronto last Saturday and my buddy and I did a bunch of food shopping for the week and I had to return a ski jacket that was too small.

The two of us were up at 5.30am on Sunday and we hit the road for Tremblant by 6.30am.  Neither of us had bothered to check the weather reports from the Hill..there seemed to be no point, if there was no snow there would be nothing we could have done about it.  It was a great day for a road trip, sunny, clear and not too cold.

The whole way to Montreal we saw only brown.  No snow other than a few old patches in fields.  We headed north from Montreal and gradually the landscape started to "white up".  By the time we reached St. Jovite (the town near Trembland) it was very obvious that it had snowed the night before.  And, not just a little....ALOT!!!  The area got at least 6 inches, but probably closer to 8 inches, on the Saturday night.  The whole town was like a winter wonderland...people driving around on snow mobiles, shovelling snow off rooves and driveways...just the sort of thing you want and expect to see in a ski-resort town.

We were psyched.

Next day we were up at the crack of dawn and headed out to the hill.  I was a bit shaky on the condo path from hell they have there but managed to get down with no injuries.  Once we got to the top though it all came back.  It IS like riding a bike.  The two of us must have looked pretty silly yelling and whooping it up on that run, but it didn't last too long.

....about half-way down the mountain my legs began to feel a bit tired.  Then my thighs started to "burn".  Then my calfs started to hurt.  I stopped...panting and rested on my poles.  My buddy then skiied up next to me.  "Ello leggies!" he said.  It became a standard greeting on the hill.

Poor poor leggies.  They hadn't had any real exercise like that in about three years!!  

By Wednesday our leggies were SORE!!!  But, we kept going back up the mountain, resting on the chair lifts as best we could.

By Thursday we made an emergency call to the Hyatt.  90 minute massages were in order!  ;)  We argued over who would get the hottie therapist that we saw occasionally while waiting.  After a couple of minutes a girl who could ONLY have competed in the shot-put event on the Russian Olympic team showed up and was tasked to me.  Ever see the Simpsons episode when Burns goes in for his thearay with Dr. Bob?  It was kinda like that.  This girl basically turned me into a human pretzel!!  It felt great though...she kept asking if she was being to "hard" on me...and it was all I could do to tell her, "No...don't ease up...feels good."  My buddy got the hottie, but even he complained she was too gentle...and there was no "happy ending" in any case.  hehe

So...I have some pictures, I may post a couple later.  I gotta get back to work.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
'Ello leggies
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 02:59:44 PM »
Sounds great Curv!  How'd your back hold up on the hills?
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
'Ello leggies
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 03:01:25 PM »
Originally posted by Octavius
How'd your back hold up on the hills?

It was hurting a bit, but with all the pain I was feeling in my legs I had other things to complain about.  ;)
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
'Ello leggies
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 03:16:58 PM »
sounds like you had a great time Curval.

let's see some pics!!

Cheers!