Author Topic: Most popular fighter in the MA?  (Read 1833 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Most popular fighter in the MA?
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2006, 10:28:31 AM »
That'd work if planes didn't do some downright bizarre and totally WTF?! things in the MA (see my previous post: zoom climb during merge at 400mph to stay above the Spit, look back as soon as we pass and he's ~d500 and CLOSING climbing up my 6).
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2006, 10:42:57 AM »
Originally posted by KD303
Yeah! The cine film I've seen from Jugs attacking ground targets with .50s show complete havoc being wreaked, with targets blowing up and the ground generally erupting in hellfire.

lol
This "havoc" is nothing but fountains of dust raised by bullets. Until they hit something like fuel tanks.

Originally posted by KD303
For those of you who haven't seen these films, they're a treat. 5mins and 11mins. First film is of/from P47s and the second film is a mish mash of aircraft and contains more familiar footage such as bits from the Memphis Belle prop/doc.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=75277905547951258&q=%22P-47+Guncamera+footage%22+playable%3Atrue
And more.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6641591019511780418

Ironically these clips show pretty well how overmodelled 0.5 cals in AH.
All planes was shot up by 0.5 cals fire got only leaks, no single structural failure. In AH 0.5 cals easy rip wings and tails.

12mm is deadly in AH. If you have problems with them you need to work at your gunnery.

P.S. This thread already became another "perk spit16" thread, so i dont see reason to not "hijack" it.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2006, 12:12:43 PM »
Most popular fighter in the MA ?  ... JohnnyRa
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2006, 12:46:11 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
Are you sure?  I seem to recall the F4U-1C approaching 25% of arena kills when they decided to perk it.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Yea I thought it was around 20% when we had the Chog perked .. but hell most of the MA was flying it (i know I was)..

you guys havent taken into account that our plane set has almost doubled since those days ... (just tossing in what everyone is overlooking )

Also are gv kills in this too or are they seperate ??
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2006, 01:19:28 PM »
Originally posted by Hajo
Why would you want to turnfight a spit when you have a faster aircraft?  

Cause you can? :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2006, 01:21:36 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
Yes, it is much more likely that you will run into 3/5 Spit 16s than that exact combination of other planes, but that is misleading because in both cases you are talking about less than a 1% chance if you assume 5 people picking their planes independantly and at random.  

Well, independantly YES.  Random NO.

Prk the lala :lol

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2006, 02:39:25 PM »
Well by "random" I mean there that the % chance of them "picking" the plane is the same as the % of the plane in the total population.  

I.E Spit 16 had ~10.4% of the total fighter deaths, so there is about a 10.4% chance that whatever plane you run into will be a Spit 16.  

I don't mean that someone makes a list of AH2 fighters, nails it to the wall, and throws darts at it.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2006, 02:49:33 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
Well by "random" I mean there that the % chance of them "picking" the plane is the same as the % of the plane in the total population.  

I.E Spit 16 had ~10.4% of the total fighter deaths, so there is about a 10.4% chance that whatever plane you run into will be a Spit 16.  

I don't mean that someone makes a list of AH2 fighters, nails it to the wall, and throws darts at it.

:p

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2006, 04:29:46 PM »
Originally posted by Hajo
Why would you want to turnfight a spit when you have a faster aircraft?
Because some of us enjoy a challenge, and don't go the easy route every time?
Army of Muppets

Offline KD303

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2006, 06:44:20 PM »
Originally posted by Oleg
lol
This "havoc" is nothing but fountains of dust raised by bullets. Until they hit something like fuel tanks.

Er, no. I can't be arsed arguing about it but they do a lot more than raise dust.

12mm is deadly in AH. If you have problems with them you need to work at your gunnery.

I have no problems with them. I didn't suggest or imply that I can't get kills with them. I think you're trying to get a rise. Naughty naughty boy.

KD

Offline Whisky58

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2006, 06:58:41 AM »
Originally posted by Oleg
lol

Ironically these clips show pretty well how overmodelled 0.5 cals in AH.
All planes was shot up by 0.5 cals fire got only leaks, no single structural failure. In AH 0.5 cals easy rip wings and tails.

Not sure if I'm missing your point here Oleg, but 12mm = 0.5inch (roughly).  In fact 12mm is slightly smaller round with lower muzzle velocity.

Regards
Whisky

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2006, 07:29:45 AM »
Originally posted by Whisky58
Not sure if I'm missing your point here Oleg, but 12mm = 0.5inch (roughly).  In fact 12mm is slightly smaller round with lower muzzle velocity.

I mean 0.5 cal, just name it "12mm" because it more habitual for me.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou