Author Topic: Introducing Stalins Fourth Scenario  (Read 1799 times)

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Introducing Stalins Fourth Scenario
« on: January 31, 2006, 11:36:14 PM »
Aces High Proudly Presents the First Scenario of 2006

Visit the Stalins Fourth Website at AHEVENTS.ORG

Download trailers for the event here:

Stalins Fourth Vid 1 by Have

Stalins Fourth Video 2 by Mipoikel

Following the successes against the Germans during 1943 and the beginning of 1944, Soviet Union launched the fourth of its ten strategic attacks on June 9th 1944, north east of Leningrad. The largest Soviet offensive of 1944 was timed to support of the western allies, who had landed in Normandy three days earlier. The objective of the Soviet attack was to force Finland out of the war and ultimately conquer it.

3 Days after the Normandy Invasion the Russian Bear launched it's invasion to conquer Finland before joining the race for Berlin.

The Designers must be recognized for their exceptional work and effort in taking the terrain building opportunity to a whole new level.

Kanttori,Blauk,Camo,Sasmox,Have,Wasq deserve a very hearty round of applause, not only for the work on the terrain for this event, but for opening up the opportunities that are available for the Scenario Junkies from this point forward.  Events in AH2 will never be the same.

The fight will involve a massive bomber campaign that will target massive cities such as Viipuri, and the Castle below;

And Leningrad;

Vehicle Attacks will be met with entrenched tanks hidden within a defensive wall;

New Damage Models on the wooden and steel bridges will make for targets worthy of an attack;

Active Base Defense by well protected manned guns will greatly contribute to the war effort;

This event will have unlimited opportunities to contribute at several levels throughout all phases of the scenario.  This is one Not to Miss.

Registration opens March 1st.

The Rules for this event are being fine tuned, and will be formalized once both side COs have participated and signed off on the rules.

This is NOT a 1 life event.  There will be fighter, bomber, vehicle opportunities throughout the event, there will be no lack of action.

Contact ROC for Leadership Slots.

Visit the Stalins Fourth Website at AHEVENTS.ORG

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 11:42:35 PM by ROC »
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 12:21:29 AM »
holy s*** that is friggin awsome!
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 12:27:37 AM »
Holy ****!  I don't even know where to begin.  

Fantastic work guys, wow.

:aok :aok

:O

:eek:

;)

:D

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 01:19:04 AM »
This is gonna be cool. :aok
UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 01:34:03 AM »
a little taste of AH2 C/T maybe? :)

Looks nice guys.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 01:37:27 AM »
Thats it.  Screw fiddling with this computer.  I'm going to buy one this month so I can take advantage of it!  I aint missin this one!

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 03:42:45 AM »
GREAT JOB!!!

Looking forward to it!

>>>S<<<
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 04:57:58 AM »
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :aok

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 05:24:48 AM »
ROC; you inspired too much! :D

Finnish never bombed or attacked to the Leningrad, there were several reasons why:

Mannerheim comprehended that Russians never forgive Finnish if we are participating to the Germans bombing raids and attacks to that historical Russian city.

Finland also didn't had any resources to attack against Leningrad. Finnish Army was spreaded all over the Karelian area from the Karelian Isthmus near Lake Ladoga to the Aunus' Isthmus near Lake Onega and river Svir. The area was enormous to the only half million Finnish soldiers.

But in spite of that this scenario has very much massive bombing targets with those huge amount of the GV-bases which Russians must capture before reaching the Viipuri town!;)
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 08:16:55 AM »
Ya, but Leningrad is such a great screenshot, and besides Kanttori, I know which side you are on, and you guys will probably Make it to Leningrad :D
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 08:25:20 AM »
Originally posted by ROC
Ya, but Leningrad is such a great screenshot, and besides Kanttori, I know which side you are on, and you guys will probably Make it to Leningrad :D

Maybe we must in this time try it... :D
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline USHilDvl

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2006, 09:22:24 AM »
That terrain is simply outstanding.  What a huge difference compared to the vanilla in the MA.

It's even tailored to bombing and GV work...way to cool.  

Excellent work, fellas.

<>

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2006, 10:56:45 AM »
Originally posted by kanttori
Finnish never bombed or attacked to the Leningrad, there were several reasons why:

Yes, you are right, Finnish abstained from attacks and bombings. But I wouldn't say that they were angels. Finnish were actively participating in Leningrad siege. Just FYI -

The siege lasted for a total of 900 days, from September 8 1941 until January 27 1944. The city's almost 3 million civilians (including about 400,000 children) refused to surrender and endured rapidly increasing hardships in the encircled city. Food and fuel stocks were limited to a mere 1-2 month supply, public transport was not operational and by the winter of 1941-42 there was no heating, no water supply, almost no electricity and very little food. In January 1942 in the depths of an unusually cold winter, the city's food rations reached an all time low of only 125 grams (about 1/4 of a pound) of bread per person per day. In just two months, January and February of 1942, 200,000 people died in Leningrad of cold and starvation.
In January 1943 the Siege was broken and a year later, on January 27 1944 it was fully lifted. At least 641,000 people had died in Leningrad during the Siege (some estimates put this figure closer to 800,000).
http://history1900s.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.saint-petersburg.com%2Fhistory%2Fsiege.asp

So, I wouldn't introduce this scenario like "the Russian Bear launched it's invasion to conquer Finland." Russians had some other reasons to do that, and conquest of Finland wasn't the first priority. History confirmed this fact, Russia-Finland border is almost on the same place where it was before the war.

And one last thing. Looks like this is the first scenario where I am going to actively participate. Outstanding map, very realistic castle in Vyborg (Viipuri), can't wait to take a look on Leningrad, I was born and lived there.

Great <> to authors!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006, 11:13:38 AM »
Vad,

The Finnish-Russian border is where it was after the Winter War of '39/'40, not where it was before Russia made an unprovoked attack on Finland.

The Continuation War was Finland's attempt to get back the territory they lost at the end of the Winter War.

And I will be signing up for this one I think.

Sisu.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2006, 11:42:36 AM »
Originally posted by Karnak
Vad,

The Finnish-Russian border is where it was after the Winter War of '39/'40, not where it was before Russia made an unprovoked attack on Finland.

The Continuation War was Finland's attempt to get back the territory they lost at the end of the Winter War.

And I will be signing up for this one I think.

Sisu.

Of course, I know that. I meant where border was before 1941.

Just for the record. I visited Finland tens of times, and I know their attitude to Russians.

But most of the Russians have very positive attitude to Finns. Partially, it is because we feel a little bit guilty for Winter war, partly for the perfect Finnish-Soviet relations after the War.

But mostly for the Finnish behaviour during WW2.
I just want to let Finnish guys know - a lot of people in Leningrad and Russia remember and are thankful for your "lack of actions" during the Siege.