Author Topic: Have to say this  (Read 2155 times)

Offline Loddar

• Copper Member
Have to say this
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2006, 09:29:43 AM »
"pause" button ... (cheater) ... banned for few minutes ...

so easy :cool:

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Have to say this
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2006, 09:44:01 AM »
Storch,
I played almost exclusively LW since the AvA opend unless I switched to even out the numbers. I don't know about puffy acks but field guns are very weak - to the point you can ignore them for a short while. They make big bang when they hit but very little damage. The ONLY time I got killed by acks was when I landed a Hurri at an axis base and sat on the runway till I died (got to a full stop without anything damaged).

If you can't kill the spits dont blame the acks. If someone thinks he's hiding in it, just go down there and blast him - it's that simple and safe.

Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
Have to say this
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2006, 10:12:56 AM »
Originally posted by whels
3. and yes LW play in thier ack too (when allies make it to east side of channel).[/B]

Fighting over a lone airfield is a bit different from fighting over a port, city, airfield and V-Base that are all within walking distance of each other.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
Have to say this
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2006, 11:23:33 AM »
"190s Dive, HO pass, zoom back to alt. repeat or they
see they lost alt and just dive to deck n run."

Fighting IX in A5 is enough lopsided so that is fully valid tactic. Expect more of it when axis gets A8.

I don't have problem with HO:ing and I have never undersood why some have.

"2 of the 190s (same guy) was using the pause button warp n roll, he was fine till u started to fire on him and a warpin he would go till he got out of guns."

Did you tell that to him on CH200?

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline gear

• Silver Member
Have to say this
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2006, 12:05:52 PM »
Originally posted by StarOfAfrica2
I think its just a MA type mentality.  There are lots of people who arent in squads, and unless they join a mission or two, they mostly fly alone.  I know I usually fit that description.  Anytime you have a squad that flies together often, they are much more effective than any one person can be alone.  In an arena with smaller numbers like the AvA, its going to be even more pronounced.  We have to find a way of promoting squads in here and getting people to wing up when they are alone.  Ask for a wingman, or if its ok to tag onto an existing formation!  

Wanted: Pilots

Anyone who can get a plane off the ground in one piece.
Contact squad leader of (insert squad name here).
Experience:    Not required, will train.
Aircraft type: Fighter or Bomber.
Pay rate:         N/A
Benefits:         NO guarantees
No résumé required

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
Have to say this
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2006, 12:42:45 PM »
Yes the allied are unorganized.... Yes the axis are organized...Yes the allied stay in their ack... Yes the LW's come in with advantage from allieds staying over england. ..Yes the allied will climb to 25k...Yes the LW will climb to 25k....Yes the allieds will turn fight....yes the LW will bnz...

My advice to allied get organized or keep quiet about getting crushed. Get out the ack and get to france so the axis will not be at an advantage. The axis will run when the odds are against them. I dont think its fair to expect them to turn fight your spit. Just take our lumps now the speed will even out and they will lose that advantage.

Offline tikky

• Copper Member
Have to say this
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2006, 01:24:16 PM »
lol

axis rules cause most battle hardened allies will wait for their p38s, p-51s, and more spitties lol! Allies are quiet and just RE-ORGANISING for 1944 HORDE OFFENSIVE against the tired,  experienced, superman Luftwaffe

Offline whels

• Silver Member
Have to say this
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2006, 02:08:35 PM »
Originally posted by Charge
[B

"2 of the 190s (same guy) was using the pause button warp n roll, he was fine till u started to fire on him and a warpin he would go till he got out of guns."

Did you tell that to him on CH200?

-C+ [/B]

yep couple 3 times but, dont know if he heard or cared.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Have to say this
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2006, 02:36:41 PM »
Originally posted by jamusta
I dont think its fair to expect them to turn fight your spit.  

Agreed.

The RPS is making players fly to their planes' strengths.  The axis folks have apparently recognized that, 1 v 1, their planes have an uphill battle.  Why blame them for using the few advantages they do have, and for organizing themselves to compensate?

It seems to me that from now on, at least until the 109Ks come in (which will be awhile), the Axis is going to have to organize and pay attention to tactics in order to survive against the superior allied planes.

- oldman

Offline Big G

• Copper Member
Have to say this
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2006, 05:26:09 PM »
Have to agree to a certain extent guys.
However the 78th FG are  gearing up as we speak, we have formations,tactics,wingmen and communication worked out, The 47's will be here soon and then proper operations will start....;)

Offline XAKL

• Copper Member
Have to say this
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2006, 10:59:38 PM »
Let me get this right!  Axis with their Finnish squad and JG54 come in one day, and to their credit, did dominate the skies for 1 measly night, and think they can blow their trumpet on how good they are!  PULEEEZZEEEEE!!!!  EAT MY HORSE NUGGETS!  Who ever started this cow paddies, you don't have to apologize to the Allies.  Yea, we are disorganized, and yea we've got some things to work on, but even with that we perform fairly well.  You numb nuts just happened to find one night where we didn't have allies squads flying.  I just hope u guys don't run away, whine,  and cry like little babies, when we get our mustangs and tiffies.

SINKER <> AXIS CRUDS

Offline tikky

• Copper Member
Have to say this
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2006, 11:28:21 PM »
ahhh nice, the dweebs are just waiting for their EZ mode rides.... P-51s, Spit 16s, u name tha rest lol

I picture this... allies... if they dont shape up their organisation skills...... they will never be on par with the axis and they only way they will beat the axis is to have a HUGE SOVIET STYLE MASSIVE QUANTITY playing for the allies, like a ratio of 20 to 1 in favor of allies....lol

:lol

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Have to say this
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2006, 11:35:42 PM »
Gentlemen,
While we all want to win, whining, name calling, and generally "eating horse nuggets" or suggestiong others do seems to be a bit out of line.
Why don't we, as allies, just organize up, fly together and fly to win, one engagement at a time.
All these posts don't help our Situational Awarness, plane control or gunnery a darn bit.
Lets ORGANIZE and stop the belly achin'!
Starting to feel bad about ever getting into this thread. Thought we were all players here.
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

storch

Have to say this
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2006, 05:21:17 AM »
Originally posted by XAKL
Let me get this right!  Axis with their Finnish squad and JG54 come in one day, and to their credit, did dominate the skies for 1 measly night, and think they can blow their trumpet on how good they are!  PULEEEZZEEEEE!!!!  EAT MY HORSE NUGGETS!  Who ever started this cow paddies, you don't have to apologize to the Allies.  Yea, we are disorganized, and yea we've got some things to work on, but even with that we perform fairly well.  You numb nuts just happened to find one night where we didn't have allies squads flying.  I just hope u guys don't run away, whine,  and cry like little babies, when we get our mustangs and tiffies.

SINKER <> AXIS CRUDS
the point is that irrespective of which easymode ride is featured the favor is always on the ackllied side.  add to that clear favoritism by having concentrated ack on the allied side the end result is that inspite of the deck being stacked in your favor somehow you guys manage to come up short.  

when you get those uber rides you and perhaps every member of the sad 880th HOgangpicknrun skwadren will gleefully show up to show us "how they really did it during the bigun, dubya dubya two".  

I'm not very impressed with the absense of those types of players during this early part of the plane set and it speaks volumes about their nature.  perhaps there is a valid historical argument for their absence, something like ummm we weren't operational as a skwadren during this phase of the conflict or something similar. maybe RL is in the way for them currently as a unit.

sinker, while the way you personally play may be historically accurate it is colossally boring to most players and unimaginative on your part.  the end result is once you no longer have a 2000 ft. altitude advantage you are amazingly easy to dispatch.  

for the most part those players that play the opposition role are used to having to work harder for cartoon victories.  there is nothing new here, merely business as usual.  it will continue to be thus once you get the flagrantly ubereasymode rides.  I suspect you'll see the same level of lopsided victories favoring the axis side as well then.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 05:26:00 AM by storch »

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Have to say this
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2006, 05:50:13 AM »
geez, Storch....was you trying to get your "view" across? had to post it 3 times did ya?

funny how you called out the following

-2000 ft alt advantage
-HOgangpicknrun ( you did point at a particular skwadren here, though )
-add to that clear favoritism by having concentrated ack on the allied side

now riddle me this:
what squad flys at 17k to 22k alt above their own friendly bases?
what side has ack that shoots at the enemy , while the enemy finds his opponent 17K to 20K alt above their opponents own fields?
what squad attacks in multitude with basically a HO pass EVERY SINGLE MERGE, or least attempts it, then climbs to 5K alt advantage to rinse and repeat, or extends 5K to 6K away.........and runs like heck if it is a 1 on 1, or  2 vs 1, yet what squad attacks 3/4/5/6 on 1 and even then 3 or 4 or 5 or all 6 still are attempting to only HO every pass?

what squad, even though all flying on the same side, has to announce openly on  channel #200  WTG everytime one of their squaddies land 2 kills or more?   I mean seriously, why must you announce it openly, got to see ya name in lights? hehe

what squad is the most vocal and talks the most jibberish of any other squad in the axis vs allies Arena?

what squad whines the most, unless they are winning by having a NUMEROUS advantage ( NUMEROUS includes Altitude as well as sheer numbers of players )

ever since the JG3 Udet squad started to disappear from the old CT arena, seems you guys have tryed to take over the CT/AvsA arena and act like it is ya'lls domain.........to funny, really       also something funny is, when you start getting your arse handed to ya, especially when the sides are even, most of the people in a certian squad start logging off, there is an exception  though, and I highly respect those that accept the challenge of flying even numbers or fly being outnumbered by 1 or 2........

and what was that you talking about you flying between 8 & 10 K alt?  didn't I catch you up around 17K last night? more than once, over your own fields no less?

got a beauty of a film showing everything I have mentioned in this reply if ya interested.........

just saying you the POT and you calling the "kettle" BLACK..... ( definition: Criticizing others for the very fault one possesses )

( quietly steps back, and calmly waits for the horde to come unglued and start flaming as only Lemmings know how to do...........)

ok, I was able to get my view of the situation across , and I only need this one post :D

TC

edited: dangit all Storch, I should have QUOTED you, now you done gone and erased just about everything I was pointing out..........dagnabit all............not editing my view though....and I enjoy fighting the LOT of all you JG54....;)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 05:56:22 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC