Author Topic: WWIIOL IS GREAT NOW!!  (Read 2217 times)

Offline Senor_ding_dong

• Zinc Member
WWIIOL IS GREAT NOW!!
« on: December 30, 2001, 12:14:00 PM »
Hey guys, since the 1.5 patch WWIIOL is greatly improved. Barely any CTD's or anything like that.

And this stuff about playnet filing Chapter 11 is true, but the devs of the game said there not going out of buisness, they just need to change stuff so there not spending as much money, and the head dev "killer" even said that "the game will go on"

Check it out, its very fun now.

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
WWIIOL IS GREAT NOW!!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2001, 12:52:00 PM »
Hey funked, you have that animated gif handy?

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
WWIIOL IS GREAT NOW!!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2001, 01:15:00 PM »
Ya , and I just bet I get 60 fps in the air over the grunts in 1024/768 32 bit , RIGHT ?

LMAO , it's ok I guess if you don't like to fly IMO .

Your handle says it all , troll some more   :D , plus use much much better bait   :cool:
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
WWIIOL IS GREAT NOW!!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2001, 01:27:00 PM »
As much as I want to believe a ding-dong that can't spell senior...

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
WWIIOL IS GREAT NOW!!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2001, 01:34:00 PM »
Actually it was good but when CRS decided to limit Bf-109 (You know that fighter Germans used mostly?) numbers I quit playing.

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
WWIIOL IS GREAT NOW!!
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2001, 01:38:00 PM »
Gee, this post wouldn't have anything to do with this would it?  :rolleyes:

Author Call To Community- We Need Your Help
Rafter
  posted Fri, Dec 21 4:40pm      
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We need your help  

--
Al "Rafter" Corey
Executive Producer, Marketing Manager
Playnet.com
rafter@playnet.com

Offline Spitboy

• Zinc Member
WWIIOL IS GREAT NOW!!
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2001, 02:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by airspro:
Ya , and I just bet I get 60 fps in the air over the grunts in 1024/768 32 bit , RIGHT ?

I really hate to reply here - but yeah, I do get about 60 FPS over a ground fight in 1024 32 bit, with FSAA, too. Granted my box is an XP 1600 w/GF3, but I'm just sayin' (tm). I was able to get very playable frame rate in the air (25+) on an Athlon 800 w/GF2 MX, and 640 RAM, too.

It's mainly about the RAM. Ya need about 450 meg of free, physical RAM for good performance. So, 512 is bare minimum, and 640 or more is great.

Not debating the numerous problems with the game or the fact that the box specs are a joke, but I'd hardly call an 800MHz/GF2MX/512 RAM a power computer these days. It's average - can be built super cheapo, and you'll get nice playability.

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
WWIIOL IS GREAT NOW!!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2001, 03:49:00 PM »
It's actually "seņor", not "senior" or "senor"... wait, I think you won't be able to see the "ņ" now that I think of it.

:)

Daniel, aka Cyrano

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
WWIIOL IS GREAT NOW!!
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2001, 03:52:00 PM »
lol

nevermind the joke of system requirements

what about the joke of a FM?

i got the chance to try WWIIOL at a friends house over xmas.

i was glad I didnt get it in my stocking.
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WWIIOL IS GREAT NOW!!
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2001, 04:06:00 PM »
I had a 733 PIII, 768MB and a GF GTS DDR 32MB. Sorry, 25-35 in the open, 5fps over a big city. That's right, F-I-V-E. Had every tweak in the book performed as well. It was not only ram, nor system spec, nor this, nor that. Whatever it was, it wasn't user-friendly, and that's enough.

I am reading mixed reviews on 1.5- some good, some bad. As usual, a WWIIO patch is mixed in its results, so it would appear it is business as usual.

The original post is indeed someone desperately seeking more players. Maybe some will go, and that is ok. He should not however represent the game as fixed, 'cause it isn't.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WWIIOL IS GREAT NOW!!
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2001, 04:42:00 PM »

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
WWIIOL IS GREAT NOW!!
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2001, 04:53:00 PM »

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
WWIIOL IS GREAT NOW!!
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2001, 05:51:00 PM »
kieran i have a bit "better" system then yours and fps sux in flight.

It goes up and down from 65 to 20s some times lower.

Gameplay sux if you are an axis player. A good chunk of them are the ones that have stopped playing.

If your a char driver hell ya wwiiol is the place to be.

I still have a paid sub there although I rarely ever play it.

Oh well...........

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WWIIOL IS GREAT NOW!!
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2001, 06:03:00 PM »
I have a better system now... I put together an Athlon XP 1500 rig this fall, and it can do better that the other rig. The deal with anyone advocating the game (with me, that is) is that they make it sound so great, but they leave out the all important staggering system requirements and end-user hassle to get it going properly. You end up with threads like the one I linked above; people who are naturally outraged by being mislead, only to be told by the community to "leave if you don't like it". Even in CRS's darkest hour you have a community that still doesn't get it- the day for telling people to get lost is over.

Truthfully that is the catchphrase most appropriate for the game, and the one that should have been put on the box:

"WWIIO; don't let the door hit your bellybutton on the way out!"

Offline Spitboy

• Zinc Member
WWIIOL IS GREAT NOW!!
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2001, 06:04:00 PM »
What version was that Kieran? That's the performance I get with 1.4+ versions. I've got several squaddies who play occasionally on various setups comparable or slightly better than yours, and none report drops to 5. Maybe 20s as a low over a city.

As for the FM, well, to each his own. It's less real in some aspects, but more real in others, arguably. The net effect is something I can have fun in. A decent amount of serious sim folks I recognize from this and other flight-sim communities must agree, 'cause I see 'em there.