Author Topic: Iran paper plans Holocaust cartoons  (Read 1249 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Iran paper plans Holocaust cartoons
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2006, 10:42:26 PM »
Originally posted by Glasses
I think islamic humour will go something like this:

"OK ,OK ,OK so Muhammed and me went looking for this goat ...ok,ok,ok,  and then we went to  goat market but all we found was mule....ok,ok,ok,  . Muhammed turned to me and said; for money of 1 goat we buy 2 mule , then you and I can have 2 sex partner . "

You mean to tell me that Muslim comedians sound like Joe Pesci??
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2006, 10:44:18 PM »
LOL @ Joe Pesci :lol

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2006, 10:58:27 PM »
Muslims sided with and faught alongside the Nazi's during WW2, of course they'd deny the holocaust.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2006, 11:41:46 PM »
Originally posted by Vulcan
Muslims sided with and faught alongside the Nazi's during WW2, of course they'd deny the holocaust.

Muslim faught also against the nazi during WWII.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2006, 11:58:47 PM »
Yes and Christian fought against Christians, Jew against Jew, back and forth, all around...the point is its silly. Cartoons? WTF?...over

~AoM~

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2006, 01:14:25 AM »
To understand the violent reaction to the cartoons, you must really understand the peoples, their various cultures and Islam itself. No small feat either.... There are many more sects within Islam than within Christianity and Judaism combined.

I wonder how many western people realize that criticizing the Prophet Muhammad can get you a death sentence in at least 6 Muslim countries? If you published those cartoons in Saudi Arabia (as a citizen), you would cetrainly be imprisoned and perhaps executed. Foreigners would certainly  be expelled, but not until after a very nasty experience in the basics of Islamic law.

Yet, the Saudis can be viewed as being among the most tolerant of Islamic nations. Others are not so "open minded". Either way, if people better understood the culture (Islamic), they would realize that the cartoons, no matter how mild westerners view them, are deeply insulting to Muslims. Nonetheless, those involved in the violence are but a small minority among the various Islamic sub-cultures, and it's normal for these groups to get the most press coverage.

Unfortunately, a growing number of fundamentalist Islamic teachers do teach violence against non-believers as being required, usually by distorting text of the Qur'an to twist its tenets by parsing text to change the meaning such as "slay the idolaters wherever you find them" (At-Tawbah: 5).

Truly, it seems as if a new jihad is declared every week.

With regard to war or jihad, Islam draws a clear distinction between combatants and non-combatants. Non-combatants such as women, children, the old and infirm are not to be killed. Yet, it doesn't take much thought to realize that radical Islam ignores those portions of the Qur'an that disagree with their hate. The big problem is that a significant percentage of Muslims (many of them of marginal education) follow their mullahs, imams or ayatollahs with blind faith and an absence of reason. They are conditioned by their culture NOT to question their religious leaders. Here, we question everything.

However, not all conservative Muslims or even Muslim sects are intolerant. I would say that most are not. For example, My wife and I are friends with a family in Algeria. They live near the city of Ghardaïa , in a small village in the M'Zab valley. They belong to the extremely conservative Ibadi sect . Despite a strict adherence to the Qur'an and a very formalized social structure, we have found them to be warm and generous people. They respect our different faiths, and go to great lengths not to offend. We, as Christians, fall under the category of wuqūf, or people who are not believers, but are not viewed as sinners or destined for hell. Among themselves, they would be categorized as walāyah, which indicates true believers. We would never have walāyah status, but that doesn't mean we would be treated with any less regard. Indeed, we have been invited to the wedding of the youngest son Omar next year. It is very unlikely that we would be able to attend, but we will send a gift, probably something for their home.

In case you are wondering how we know them... My wife taught two of their boys english and she helped provide basic supplies for their tiny village school. Many families in the village cannot afford to provide simple things like pens, pencils and notebooks for their children. So, they do not send them to school. My wife raised enough money to provide them adequate supplies of these items. They tell us that enrollment has more than doubled this year. They send us lots of photos and forward letters from the children. In turn, my wife sends the school kids candy. In addition to the Algerian school, my wife also raised money for a small school in Morroco. We know a teacher there who struggles with getting enough money for the absolute basics. So, my wife manages to raise enough cash to provide much of the shortfall in materials and supplies required. While she never expects anything in return, these are a proud people and they will send tokens of thanks that she absolutely cannot turn down, lest she violate their strong cultural sense of obligation.

We also have friends in Egypt, who sent us some remarkable paintings done on papyrus.

My brother calls my wife a "one person State Department." Thinking about it, I believe that the State Dapartment could take a lesson from a middle-aged housewife.

By the way, most educated Muslims believe that the holocaust was real....

My regards,

Widewing
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 01:16:29 AM by Widewing »
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2006, 06:42:26 AM »
By the way, most educated Muslims believe that the holocaust was real....

yes, therein lies the issue..
how many of them are educated and how many are brain washed?

I think the "tolerant" educated ones are a very small minority which makes for a huge number of droids in the brain washed department
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2006, 08:54:54 AM »
well.... as a member of the only group left in the world that it is politicaly correct to make fun of.... White male redneck.... I find this all humorous.

Hate speech?  No such thing.  there is "threatening speech" .... that needs attention as in.. "I'm gonna kill you" kinda thing.

We live in a world where everyone is so hip and sensitive that we are lucky we all aren't one big rash.

The "N" word...LOL  can't even say it... Does that make it less powerfull or more?  

Kill people in 6 countries for making fun of the prophet?  then those countries need to be blasted with prophet jokes on TV, radio and the press until their skin thickens a taste.  If they hurt people over it then they need to be removed from the planet like the rabid dogs they are.

No race, religion, gender or whatever should be imune from humor or even.... heck... biggotry... you don't like me cause I'm white?  Just spit out the "honky" and "cracker" and whatever stuff... get it out of your system... don't let it fester...

The "n" word... it is getting more and more popular amoung whites.  

This is all about adults of course.   Be nice  if we could sheild the kids from it for awile but... they need to know it exists.  Just like they need to know nudie bars exist but they don't need to go in one.

lazs

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2006, 09:13:41 AM »
Originally posted by cpxxx
Well as soon as the they post the holocaust cartoons. I am going to become enraged and gather all my most stupid, ignorant and gullible acquaintences and rush to the nearest Iranian embassy and burn their flag while stoning the place. Failing that I will attack the embassy of any handy Islamic country. Then with my mob I'll head to the nearest mosque and daub the star of David all over the walls while terrorising any handy moslem who happens to be around, women and children included.

Well maybe not.............and that's the difference between these clowns and the rest of us. They disgrace themselves and their religion by their actions and simply earn the disgust of every decent person whatever their religion.

What strikes me about this whole stupid business is the absurd overreaction and sheer stupidity of the people involved. Whatever about the original insult to their prophet. Their reaction shamed them and held up Islam for more ridicule than a few cartoons in an obscure newspaper in a small European country.

The joke is on them. The poor fools.

Sheesh CP...that sounds like work.  How about you just stage a massive
BBQ in front of the embassy with lots of Sausage and beer, tacky music
and lots of people laughing.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Harry

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2006, 09:35:06 AM »
I hope they publish the Holocaust cartoons, and I hope major European newspapers publish them too (no, it is not illegal to deny the Holocaust in most European countries). Free press is free press, and it’s time to prove the point.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2006, 11:39:44 AM »
Nostradamus, predicted WW3 is going to be inbetwen cristians and muslims, and Persia is mentioned many times in his Centurys, and the 3rd Anticrist coming from Midle East
 First time i read those prophecys during cold war, and was hard to belive , but now looks like is unstopable.
   He predicted an invasion of the Europe and destruction of Rome/Catholic church,
Malachy predicted the popes, only 1 more is going to be after this one but during his service the catholic church maybe Rome will be destroyed
  imop the UN should take actions asap, bomb them to stone age, b4 they get A-bombs

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2006, 04:58:26 PM »
Originally posted by Rino
Sheesh CP...that sounds like work.  How about you just stage a massive
BBQ in front of the embassy with lots of Sausage and beer, tacky music
and lots of people laughing.

Actually, you're right :lol.  Probably the only way I could get that lot together would be to promise free beer and and a BBQ. You know I think that's the problem with all these radical extremists. They're frustrated from lack of drink and the ladyeez!