Author Topic: Iran paper plans Holocaust cartoons  (Read 1251 times)

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
Iran paper plans Holocaust cartoons
« on: February 06, 2006, 12:15:11 PM »
Iran's largest selling newspaper has announced it is holding a contest on cartoons of the Holocaust in response to the publishing in European papers of caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad.

"It will be an international cartoon contest about the Holocaust," Farid Mortazavi, the graphics editor for Hamshahri newspaper, which is published by Tehran's conservative-run municipality, said on Monday.

He said the plan was to turn the tables on the assertion that newspapers can print offensive material in the name of freedom of expression.

"The Western papers printed these sacrilegious cartoons on the pretext of freedom of expression, so let's see if they mean what they say and also print these Holocaust cartoons," he asserted.

Iran's fiercely anti-Israeli regime is supportive of so-called Holocaust revisionist historians, who maintain the systematic slaughter by the Nazis of mainland Europe's Jews as well as other groups during World War II has been either invented or exaggerated.

Systematic slaughter

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Iran's hardline president, prompted international anger when he dismissed the systematic slaughter by the Nazis of mainland Europe's Jews as a "myth" used to justify the creation of Israel.

Mortazavi said Tuesday's edition of the paper will invite cartoonists to enter the competition, with "private individuals" offering gold coins to the best 12 artists - the same number of cartoons that appeared in the conservative Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten.

Last week the Iranian Foreign Ministry also invited Tony Blair, the British prime minister, to Tehran to take part in a planned conference on the Holocaust, even though the idea has been branded by Blair as "shocking, ridiculous, stupid".

Blair also said Ahmadinejad "should come and see the evidence of the Holocaust himself in the countries of Europe", to which Iran responded by saying it was willing to send a team of "independent investigators".

source

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 12:25:26 PM »
don't think the jews would riot, burn embassies or kill anyone over it ...

the iranians, read muslims, need to read this book
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 12:32:57 PM »
what struck me first was why would they respond to Danish cartoons by attacking Israel and making light of the holocaust?

where's the logic?

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 12:44:20 PM »
Originally posted by xrtoronto
what struck me first was why would they respond to Danish cartoons by attacking Israel and making light of the holocaust?

where's the logic?

"blame the jew"

it worked for hundreds of years

i allways say it as a joke when i`m caught doing something wrong;)

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 12:55:23 PM »

where's the logic?

The logic is, in most European countries it's illegal to deny the holocaust. The idea is to create cartoons that the European countries would jail editors for printing, then claim it shows hypocricy that the Europeans won't publish them. (and presumably, they'll publish them in Muslim publications in Europe, and hope to be charged for it)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 02:07:49 PM »
Sure, the Danish cartoon was inflammatory but having some radical Muslims protesting it by; firing AK47s into the air in the streets, burning cars, torching a foreign embassy, and burning foreign flags in the streets does not give you any credibility.

In the case of the radical Muslim, the truth must hurt if they are acting this way... it is a shame they bring the rest of the peaceful Muslims along with them politically.

If they want to produce an inflammatory Holocaust cartoon, so be it. It is more preferable than having them harness bombs on their  backs and running into a crowd of people. Then again, I know they'll do that too...
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 02:15:39 PM »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 02:15:44 PM »
I think this is great...  I see no difference in the muslims getting all riot inspired over these cartoons and the pasty faced PC crowd and their phony hate speech BS...  

Humor is the best salve and weapon for any kind of biggotry... We should be able to make fun of any race, religion, gender or sexual perediliction.... There should be no such thing as "hate speech" only free speech.

lazs

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 02:19:03 PM »
Cox and Forkum are great.

Btw, the only reason that Iran is in trouble with the UN right now is ONLY BECAUSE THEY DENIED THE HOLOCAUST.  Had they not done this, Iran would be bullying the UN.

But if there's one thing europeans are sure to do, it is to never walk over the holocaust.  Nor stand by idly while other people walk over the holocaust.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 02:20:52 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
Btw, the only reason that Iran is in trouble with the UN right now is ONLY BECAUSE THEY DENIED THE HOLOCAUST.

Yea, it has nothing to do with threatening to 'wipe a country off the map' and researching/obtaining nuclear devices.

Suffice to say, I disagree...
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 02:26:37 PM »
we should be thankful that they cant afford DVD players, if the idiots went this mad over crappy cartoons, imagine if they had seen Team America World Police....

DURKA DURKA DURKA!
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2006, 02:29:15 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
we should be thankful that they cant afford DVD players, if the idiots went this mad over crappy cartoons, imagine if they had seen Team America World Police....

DURKA DURKA DURKA!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Michael Moore would quickly become their hero.

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2006, 02:41:46 PM »
International response to Iran's annoucment of Holocaust cartoons:

"Yeah, so?"

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2006, 02:43:49 PM »
i cant wait until Israel kicks Iran's ass.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2006, 02:48:56 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I think this is great...  I see no difference in the muslims getting all riot inspired over these cartoons and the pasty faced PC crowd and their phony hate speech BS...  

Humor is the best salve and weapon for any kind of biggotry... We should be able to make fun of any race, religion, gender or sexual perediliction.... There should be no such thing as "hate speech" only free speech.

lazs

Agreed. Actually semi agreed.

"Hate Speach" should be better defined if you were speaking and calling for actual action to take place against a particular group.

In this case in particular. The Islamists responce of calling for the attacks on the Danish would bedefined as "Hate speach", IF you went out and called for the lynching of innocent blacks, or Jews or any other group that would be considered hate speach.
Poking fun at someone is NOT hate speach
The ability to poke fun at each other, and ourselves used to be one of our greatest strengths. Now it has become one of our greatest weaknesses
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty