Author Topic: Will 109s and Fw-190s be fixed before ToD release  (Read 9273 times)

storch

Will 109s and Fw-190s be fixed before ToD release
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 04:00:16 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
I replied to your post because I'm deeply and passionately in love with you and want to have your baby,  a baby storch brought by the real storch would complete me.
sorry but I don't schtupp corn meal.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 05:29:56 PM »
I don't often agree with Storch however he is right when it comes to this.

In general (all of AH, not just AvA) people dedicated LW iron are far more skilled. Be it you allied boys like it or not.

Wether this is because many LW pilots have been as dedicated as they are or just because the LW rides actually require far more skill to fly not to mention far more skill to kill with.

This is quickly proved in arenas like AvA where the allies, even though superior numbers often get smacked around. This is thanks to the communication and flying ability of the dedicated LW people.

While the "allies" so to speak, have lots of great sticks aswell there are still far less of them. Why? Because the planes in general don't require the skill or have anywhere near the learning curve of the LW rides. One can survive in a P51 even if one sucks (and even get a kill thanks to spraying with 50 cals).

All the allied planes of course require skill too but give a n00b a 109 and another n00b a P51 and see who will get the most done (and forbid both of them to run away).

Flying a Pony or P38 after you have been in a 109 or 190 is truly like going from Full Realism to Relaxed Realism (in those other games) as far as stalling and maneuverability is concerned. They are just SOO friendly and forgiving (be it right or wrong).
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 05:30:57 PM »
Originally posted by storch
being an idiot, it is much easier to spot other idiots. after all it takes one to know one.  good eye there........ and BTW that should be you're.

Didn't you just sort of dig yer own grave there? ;)
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

storch

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 06:12:36 PM »
Originally posted by Wilbus
Didn't you just sort of dig yer own grave there? ;)
why? I'm an idiot, grits is one also.  I embrace my idiocy, it's quite liberating.  I'm glad to see westy recognizes that and is ..... well, let's repeat that it takes one to know one.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2006, 06:33:04 PM »
Wilbus, do not ask too many questions or contradict the Pontiff, he will excommunicate you.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2006, 07:26:27 PM »
Originally posted by Wilbus
I don't often agree with Storch however he is right when it comes to this.

In general (all of AH, not just AvA) people dedicated LW iron are far more skilled. Be it you allied boys like it or not.

Wether this is because many LW pilots have been as dedicated as they are or just because the LW rides actually require far more skill to fly not to mention far more skill to kill with.

This is quickly proved in arenas like AvA where the allies, even though superior numbers often get smacked around. This is thanks to the communication and flying ability of the dedicated LW people.

While the "allies" so to speak, have lots of great sticks aswell there are still far less of them. Why? Because the planes in general don't require the skill or have anywhere near the learning curve of the LW rides. One can survive in a P51 even if one sucks (and even get a kill thanks to spraying with 50 cals).

All the allied planes of course require skill too but give a n00b a 109 and another n00b a P51 and see who will get the most done (and forbid both of them to run away).

Flying a Pony or P38 after you have been in a 109 or 190 is truly like going from Full Realism to Relaxed Realism (in those other games) as far as stalling and maneuverability is concerned. They are just SOO friendly and forgiving (be it right or wrong).

Another reason could be you guys are in 109s from day one through the end of the RPS. True you go through upgrades , but your still flying a similar machine the whole tour. It just gets improved.  In fact except for PTO setups there are 109s in every CT/AvA setup. Of course this explaination will draw fire because it's far less heroic then the LW pilots are gods dribble you folks love to use. Then throw in a healthy dose of Allied rides are uber to stroke your ego some more.

You can spout large learning curve all you want. If the planes available everyday even Forest Gump will figure it out after a month.:rofl

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2006, 08:09:20 PM »
A pissant grammar flame following up a blithering "I know you are but what am I" level of retort?  lol.  

That's choice coming from you.  A person with the personality of a mushroom and IMO who represents the low water mark of the AH community over the past couple of years.

(awaits the "Oh yeah? You're momma wears army boots!" taunt)

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2006, 09:30:36 PM »
Oh yeah? Your momma wears army boots!
Army of Muppets

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2006, 10:11:01 PM »
I disagree with Wilbus.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2006, 10:47:14 PM »
its hard to judge if the 109s are more dedicated pilots...i had 2 sorties in A vs A...was pretty even with wetrat in spit 8 but he got me... and slaughtered a pack of luftdweebs killing 5 before the inevitable cannon ho/gangbangers reupped to kill me....its the ma all over again in there just like the ct was..

storch

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2006, 10:47:59 PM »
a person easily offended by another person pointing out not a grammatical but more likely a spelling error.  this causes the offended person's veins in the neck and head to bulge and pulsate.  my work is done here, and oh find the windex within the seldomly opened cleaning products cabinet underneath the filthy sink in your squalid kitchen, clean the spittle off of your monitor.  you are grossing out the roaches.

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2006, 10:59:45 PM »
Originally posted by jaxxo
its hard to judge if the 109s are more dedicated pilots...i had 2 sorties in A vs A...was pretty even with wetrat in spit 8 but he got me... and slaughtered a pack of luftdweebs killing 5 before the inevitable cannon ho/gangbangers reupped to kill me....its the ma all over again in there just like the ct was..
I agree... the AvA is basically the same as the MA, but with more even matchups. In the AvA, getting gangbanged by 3 51b's in an a5 is a perfectly winnable fight, whereas getting ganged in the MA by an La7, spit16 and niki in an a5 generally isn't. Pilot skill matters much more in the early-mid war matchups. The late war luftwobble rides get harder to fly and hte late war allied birds get easier, so the disparity between planes in those matchups will be much larger. The allied planes will compensate for skill (and lack thereof) much more.
Army of Muppets

storch

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2006, 11:55:44 PM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Another reason could be you guys are in 109s from day one through the end of the RPS. True you go through upgrades , but your still flying a similar machine the whole tour. It just gets improved.  In fact except for PTO setups there are 109s in every CT/AvA setup. Of course this explaination will draw fire because it's far less heroic then the LW pilots are gods dribble you folks love to use. Then throw in a healthy dose of Allied rides are uber to stroke your ego some more.

You can spout large learning curve all you want. If the planes available everyday even Forest Gump will figure it out after a month.:rofl
spend a little time in the G14 in the AvA and then post your observation about the similarity it has with it's precedent models.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2006, 12:59:40 AM »
I think all the 109's and 190's (especially the G-14 and the A-8) should be perked.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2006, 03:31:27 AM »
Originally posted by Shifty

Well actually I don't think so. Of course this is my opinion.

The "allied rides are easy mode" I base entirily on my feeling. I feel they are ALOT easier to handle then the LW planes.

This is emediatly felt when you try any allied plane. Another thing that shows a clear difference is the need for trimming. The 190's currently need the most trimming (they shouldn't really need any at all). The 109's require alot of trimming aswell but not quite as much. I am not talking about trimming out of dives here but trimming for the speed you are currently in.

The allied planes almost fly without me doing anything with the trim, it is almost like flying with CT on at all times.

I know non of you will agree with me but like I said, I base my opinion on my feelings. And my opinion is the LW rides have a far far steeper learning curve.

Shifty, as far as "us" being in 109's from day one this isn't really true as we get 190's aswell.

And, (this could be because I fly many planes in the MA) I really don't have a problem going from a 109 to a P51 and flying it on the edge aswell. Hasn't got all that much to do with being used to the planes.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson