Author Topic: Will 109s and Fw-190s be fixed before ToD release  (Read 9289 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Will 109s and Fw-190s be fixed before ToD release
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2006, 06:44:49 AM »
Originally posted by Wilbus
Well, if you wanna mix in wingmen you can just turn it around. If the P47 has a wingman and you don't, it's nap time. Not a very clever statement really ;)

I wasn't trying to be clever Wilbus.  I give better odds to a 109, turning the tables or escaping from two P-47s once the fight has gone slow. Than a P-47 turning the tables or escaping from  two 109s. Then again I guess you can chalk it up to your superior LW pilot skills.:aok

I still think the 109 is as dealdy of plane as there is in this sim. I'd like to see the 190 get a make over and a couple of it's earlier variants included.

One point Bug EAF touched on though. Luftwhining is not exclusive to AH. It was just as thick in Air Warrior , and Warbirds. I don't know about WWII Online because I never tried it. I wouldn't be suprised though if there was a sea of black leather tears there too.:D
Wilbus Kweassa

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

storch

« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2006, 06:52:41 AM »

Crumpp is just a good example of that as far as the 190's go. There is no way HTC would ever spend that much time investigating one airplane, which I can definatly understand. However, they've gotten alot of free info from people like Crumpp.

crumpp is now persona non grata on this board.  I spoke with him last night at length.  he claims that he called HT himself to question why he was banned and that HT responded that he was tired of crumpp's calling HTC's modelling into question. that is however crumpp's side to the story I suspect there may be another side to the drama.  let's see if HT responds with something other then banning me from the board as well.  

read crumpp's well documented last posts on the P51's performance and stall characteristics. in the "maybe the 190s aren't wrong thread by simaril.  these last posts by crumpp may have broken the camel's back.  I will again point out that the LW will never be modelled to 100% fidelity in this or any other game of this nature.  to do so would be financial suicide for the game developers.

LW players can take comfort in the fact that we must overcome a handicap from the get go.  the knowledge of this fact adds considerable satisfaction to my gaming experience, the losses are less bitter and the victories are that much sweeter.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 07:01:14 AM by storch »

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2006, 07:01:06 AM »
Originally posted by storch

LW players can take comfort in the fact that we must overcome a handicap from the get go.  the knowledge of this fact adds considerable satisfaction to my gaming experience, the losses are less bitter and the victories are that much sweeter.

And the BS that much thicker.;)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2006, 07:03:17 AM »
Sorry to hear about Crumpp.
Although we rarely seen eye to eye, was always a lively discussion.

Storch -
I would doubt that any plane is modelled to 100% accuracy.
Given the resources needed and the hardware required to get near to it.
But HT seems to do a great job within the above limitations.

Or do you think NASA, Boeing, Airbus etc all run their 'sims' on home PC's,
and that the sim itself is coded by a small staff?

Unless your volunteering to upgrade us all, in which case count me in.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 07:09:10 AM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

storch

« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2006, 07:23:58 AM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
Sorry to hear about Crumpp.
Although we rarely seen eye to eye, was always a lively discussion.

Storch -
I would doubt that any plane is modelled to 100% accuracy.
Given the resources needed and the hardware required to get near to it.
But HT seems to do a great job within the above limitations.

Or do you think NASA, Boeing, Airbus etc all run their 'sims' on home PC's,
and that the sim itself is coded by a small staff?

Unless your volunteering to upgrade us all, in which case count me in.
no kev to the contrary I think it's all well and good.  while I don't enjoy getting the short end of the stick, I'll take it.  any other game would have to be modelled about the same or fail.  you can't have the new guy who loves the P51 or the spitfire walk on and be hopelessly creamed.  they would log and never subscribe.  I never liked spitfires or anything english but I did like mustangs and corsairs so when I first started and got hopelessly pounded in the MA in my auger in any turn 190 I tried the pony and easily got kills.  that kept me in the game.  every time I flew a 190 or 109 I was dead meat, in the pony or the corsair I landed kills.  by my third day I had been recruited into JG3 and with the help of some dedicated LW enthusiasts I was able to learn the ropes in the LW models.  HT has a good formula.  my digs are levelled at the ackllied players who don't see they walk into the game with a signifcant advantage and still manage to end up on the cartoon slab.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2006, 07:34:48 AM »
I disagree with Storch.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2006, 07:35:42 AM »
"I do believe Luftwhining has reached a new level lately though and part of it seems to stem from some belief that the LW iron should naturally be superior to everything it comes up against."

:rofl

So much BS so little time...

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline hogenbor

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.lookupinwonder.nl
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2006, 08:00:23 AM »
I for one am a bit sad to see Crumpp go. Although his discussions with gripen got out of hand, the guy must be considered a true expert on the Fw-190. If he was too biased I don't know, but at least he was able to admit a mistake, something Kurfurst never did. All the latest discussions were way over my level of understanding and I think it is sad that never a consensus could be reached.

As for Wilbus. Being beaten so quickly in a more or less one on one is quite rare for me. I would never claim to be a top pilot but this was humiliating ;)

I'd love to go to the MA and film a bit (I never bothered to master the film viewer since AH1) but I am an occasional flyer. I think the game is great but I cannot play it without 100% concentration, something I rarely have when I come home after a hard days work. When you see me on-line you can always suggest it of course. You are welcome.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2006, 10:33:03 AM »
I'd glady film and fly with/against you in the MA or DA or TA (or whatever you want) Hogenbor.
Like I said, I like quick kills ;) (Ok I like to humiliate people )

Then again I guess you can chalk it up to your superior LW pilot skills

No, just my superior skill :D

Shifty

I will still not agree with anyone of you guys, the simple fact for me (and for most other people I've seen join the game over the years) is that grabbing a Pony, F4u or any other US plane will much quicker get you kills and get you into AH then grabbing a 109 or a 190.

They are much more forgiving to fly.

So Crumpp was banned eh? Too bad, he had lots of good info on both 190's and other planes. Why he was banned I can only speculate in...
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2006, 11:28:22 AM »
Gee whiz, I sure don’t wanna be banned for having the wrong opinion. So let it be known I think all plane modeling is perfect………….oh, and I agree with everybody.
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2006, 12:29:34 PM »
When was he banned btw? He still posted yeasterday (the 15:th).
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline hogenbor

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.lookupinwonder.nl
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2006, 12:33:59 PM »
I meant the DA, just a typo. And I feel inclined to try a 109 in AvA tonight, just to see if I can get kills. I was 2.5 to one in the Hurri I, even got some 109F's with Finns in 'em.

Is unlimited side switching allowed in AvA?

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2006, 12:41:05 PM »
I fly Hellcats.

Offline Juntts

• Zinc Member
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2006, 12:45:50 PM »
So Crumpp was banned eh? Too bad, he had lots of good info on both 190's and other planes. Why he was banned I can only speculate in...

Gee whiz, I sure don’t wanna be banned for having the wrong opinion. So let it be known I think all plane modeling is perfect………….oh, and I agree with everybody.

Oh.. it's a conspiracy, it is a devilish conspiracy against LW fanatics.

Seriously guys.. get a grip :lol

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2006, 12:48:19 PM »
I will still not agree with anyone of you guys, the simple fact for me (and for most other people I've seen join the game over the years) is that grabbing a Pony, F4u or any other US plane will much quicker get you kills and get you into AH then grabbing a 109 or a 190.

They are much more forgiving to fly.

If we're taking votes....I kind of agree with this (glances at Todd, notes objection).  In a very general way.  Possibly this is because there are really only two main LW types, and multiple allied types.  But it has always seemed to me that it is harder to fly a 109 or an FW to the same level of success as most allied planes.  That may be completely historical and realistic, I have no idea.

I except from the foregoing the Hellcat, Corsair and Lightning.  I think those three take a lot of practice to fly well in turn fights.

- oldman