Author Topic: Will 109s and Fw-190s be fixed before ToD release  (Read 9321 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Will 109s and Fw-190s be fixed before ToD release
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2006, 12:56:48 PM »
KONG1: Opions are no problem, how you present an opion can be.

HiTech

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2006, 01:44:06 PM »
Originally posted by Glasses
I remember back when AH1 was released with a true flight model that had almost all the aircraft have acelerated stall, airplanes had really high turning circles at highspeeds, P-51s Bled E and could be made to Bleed E same goes for the 190A8s and Spitfires, then HT changed it to the simpler more so FM back when AH was 30 bucks a month.....

Don't be spweing lies and crap Glasses. You weren't the only one around back then who is still here.  I remember it quite well and it wasn't changed for the reasons you claim.  It was changed because it was demonstrated to be incorrect as modeled.

Your revisionist history is not limited to the Germans dominating the skies of WWII until the very end it seems.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2006, 01:47:40 PM »
Storch..et.al...  I've been a LW fan/pilot in Aces High for over four years.  The 109 and 190 haven't really changed a whole lot in thier flight model.

From my persepctive, there are a couple of factors that can greatly impact gameplay that you often balance out in a sim.  For example, if you take a great game we all love, called Wings Over Vietnam, aircraft pretty much fly on rails, but bleed speed like a stuck pig.  The gameplay however is simple because the aircraft are easy to fly and the cockpits easy to use.  

Take something like Lo-MAC - geez, you need a frackin degree in avionics to use the F-15. The A-10 is simple, but she's a simple bird to begin with.

In Aces  High - the aircraft are simple.  Flaps, gear, trim, auto climb/level/speed, dive brakes(if you got them), and then flight model.

For the flight model - couple of factors impact playability - stall characteristics, energy retention, acceleration, roll rate, turn rate, and top speed.  

I really think HTC has balanced these flight model items to make the game playable.  It's not going to be perfect, and I'm glad they haven't mucked to much with the 109/190. Sure, flap use at higher speeds would be nice (and historic), but you know what, it always comes down to the man, not the machine.  I can up in a Spitfire XIV or Tempest, blazing in at 400mph, do a stupid manouver and still get popped by a 190A5 or 109F-4, if the pilot is smart.

I wish the 190's accelerated faster than they do, but they're not too far off. My acceleration tests have proven that fact - most 109 and 190's are in the top 20.  Most American birds are slooooow to accelerate, but have high top speed.

We're not after a high-fidelity flight model in AH.  Frack, that would be crazy trying to fly in an environment so uncompromising it'll kill you just trying to learn the game.  Doesn't make $$$ sense either.

The LW aircraft may be off, but so are a lot of other birds. Bottom line is, how much time and effort makes monetary sense to investigate these items that would actually result in better profits and gameplay?

Make a case to HTC on how fixing X problem makes $$$ sense and a better product, then I'm sure you'll have their attention.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2006, 01:54:50 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
KONG1: Opions are no problem, how you present an opion can be.

HiTech

Uh oh............... I just heard thunder, and felt the earth shake.:confused:

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2006, 02:32:31 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
But it has always seemed to me that it is harder to fly a 109 or an FW to the same level of success as most allied planes.  That may be completely historical and realistic, I have no idea.

- oldman

As the war continued on more new airframes were introduced without US engineers and factories being bombed. Without the shortages the Germans had. The experienced German pilots who knew how to keep their aircraft out of trouble and could get the most out of it got killed off. Perhaps because US aircraft could be pushed to an edge that exceeded the envelope of the German aircraft.

I have heard tankers say they wish they could have had Tigers. Don't recall any allied pilots saying they wish they could have had German fighters.

I do see alot more 190s taking over the Tiffy role though.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2006, 02:37:53 PM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Uh oh............... I just heard thunder, and felt the earth shake.:confused:

That was the three chili dawgs for lunch.... :D

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2006, 02:53:33 PM »
See Rule #7
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 05:25:57 PM by Skuzzy »
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2006, 04:41:29 PM »
Originally posted by Waffle BAS
That was the three chili dawgs for lunch.... :D

Actually it was only two chili dogs. I had to leave room for the 12 pack. Now I'm going in to ask the boss for a raise.:p

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

storch

« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2006, 04:51:41 PM »
the guys asked me to raise their pay so i started paying them on the roof of the warehouse.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2006, 05:17:00 PM »
Originally posted by storch
the guys asked me to raise their pay so i started paying them on the roof of the warehouse.
:rofl

Yeah I figure thats the same response I would get. So it's a good thing I don't drink, or I would ask for a raise. Warehouse roofs get just as hot in Texas, as they do in Florida in the summer time.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2006, 05:39:59 PM »
Originally posted by Lye-El
As the war continued on more new airframes were introduced without US engineers and factories being bombed. Without the shortages the Germans had. The experienced German pilots who knew how to keep their aircraft out of trouble and could get the most out of it got killed off. Perhaps because US aircraft could be pushed to an edge that exceeded the envelope of the German aircraft.

I have heard tankers say they wish they could have had Tigers. Don't recall any allied pilots saying they wish they could have had German fighters.

I do see alot more 190s taking over the Tiffy role though.

That has got nothing to do with AH as engine troubles, materials, shortages etc are not modelled.

As for Allied fighers being more advanced (if I understood you correct) there is really no way you can claim that.

It's enough to say Me 262 or Me 163 (although the later didn't do much at all). Or one could mention V1 and V2 (although not really airplanes) and then guided missiles (tested but not used in combat). A whole lot of things both US, Brittish and Russian were direct offspring to German designs. Of course I will be seriously attacked by a whole bunch of American fellows now for saying that
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

storch

« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2006, 05:51:22 PM »
Originally posted by Wilbus
That has got nothing to do with AH as engine troubles, materials, shortages etc are not modelled.

As for Allied fighers being more advanced (if I understood you correct) there is really no way you can claim that.

It's enough to say Me 262 or Me 163 (although the later didn't do much at all). Or one could mention V1 and V2 (although not really airplanes) and then guided missiles (tested but not used in combat). A whole lot of things both US, Brittish and Russian were direct offspring to German designs. Of course I will be seriously attacked by a whole bunch of American fellows now for saying that
I was going to post that but decided to save my typing fingers.  let's not leave out the operational He162A-2 as well.

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2006, 08:01:33 PM »
Atomic bomb rulezzzz

:aok

allied didnt worry at all

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2006, 08:22:06 PM »
I'm being revisionist so in 1.04 that gave us things like the NIki who could go to  0MPH  directly at 90 degrees and perform like a  pitts special, that was realistic.

The fact that most planes didn't havge ayn adverse yaw or torque in high angles of attack and slow airspeed, the fact that most planes magically got less g per turn to contend to other airtcraft, the fact that some aircraft lost all airspeed and becmae stall prone even though they weighed les and had more power???

I could go on Karnak, the FM was changed first to entice people to come in to AH, since in Prime time it had about 250 after the FM change and when they dropped the price to 15 a month the Arena was completely full and that was prior to AW croaking :lol

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2006, 08:26:23 PM »
Originally posted by KONG1
Gee whiz, I sure don’t wanna be banned for having the wrong opinion. So let it be known I think all plane modeling is perfect………….oh, and I agree with everybody.

I disagree:D
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++