Author Topic: AH Minimises  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Martyn

• Nickel Member
AH Minimises
« on: February 11, 2006, 06:02:57 AM »
I don't know why this happens, but every now and then AH just minimises.

Anyone got any ideas?
Here we are, living on top of a molten ball of rock, spinning around at a 1,000mph, orbiting a nuclear fireball and whizzing through space at half-a-million miles per hour. Most of us believe in super-beings which for some reason need to be praised for setting this up. This, apparently, is normal.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
AH Minimises
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 06:57:18 AM »
Is something running in the background? It sounds like it...

Or (as silly as it sounds) I removed the windows key from my keyboard as I was minimizing AH with it.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Martyn

• Nickel Member
AH Minimises
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 07:33:45 AM »
I reckon it is something in the background - I've got 2 screens and I ran Task Manager in the right hand side to see if it 'popped' up while I was in AH. Problem is there's so many necessary services I can't tell which is the culprit.

However, a background process shouldn't take the Focus from an active window, and then disappear should it?
Here we are, living on top of a molten ball of rock, spinning around at a 1,000mph, orbiting a nuclear fireball and whizzing through space at half-a-million miles per hour. Most of us believe in super-beings which for some reason need to be praised for setting this up. This, apparently, is normal.

Offline SkyLab

• Copper Member
AH Minimises
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 11:10:25 AM »
In my experience you have either a virus or spyware causing the game to minimize.

Does it just minimize to the desktop or does it fire up IE or another program?

Offline Martyn

• Nickel Member
AH Minimises
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 11:44:48 AM »
Nothing else happens - it just minimises AH

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
AH Minimises
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 12:52:41 PM »
Are you using your joystick and keyboard when this happens or does it happen hands off to?

I know I have a weird problem when I use my joystick and keyboard at the same time. It gets 1/2 the full command and gets wacky or something like that I assume. When I hit ESCape it doesn't bring up the clipboard I goto the desktop. I've found if I get back into the game and then look down and bring up the clipboard using a mouse click it clears the problem. I think this is related to my CH keymapping though.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Martyn

• Nickel Member
AH Minimises
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 02:44:33 AM »
It happens spontaneously - even when I'm not using a joystick. It's not just AH that's affected - Outlook will suddenly lose the focus too.

But it happens irregularly - sometimes going for a couple hours then suddenly (like when I'm being chased by an F4U!) it minimises me.:furious

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
AH Minimises
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 06:07:47 AM »
Run a spyware/malware check. This definitly sounds like a virus that puts its own process in the foreground (ie minimizing all other running programs).
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
AH Minimises
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 09:22:54 AM »
It is definately spyware, malware, or a virus causing this behavior.  Most anti-virus programs are not very good at catching spyware/malware applications.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
AH Minimises
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 09:37:25 AM »
I get AH minimizing when ever Outlook sends/recieves if theres an error in one of those send/recieve connections.

Offline Martyn

• Nickel Member
AH Minimises
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 03:13:41 AM »
Thanks everyone for your help - I'll check this out.

Offline StarEye

• Zinc Member
AH2 Minimizes randomly every 10 minutes
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2006, 12:52:33 PM »
I'll be taking off the base after scoring a few kills, and rearming on the pad and then randomly aces high minimizes and i am left staring at my desktop. I try to reopen the game, but by the time it pops up my pilot has a mouth full of fresh sod. I have tried setting AH2 as 'above normal'' priority, and I have defragmented and swept my computer of spyware, but this still happens. I have lowered my resolution from 512 to 256 and I still have this problem. I am pretty certain it doesn't have anything to do with my CH pedals or my saitek x52, as it can happen when AH is just sitting.
Anyone ever run into this , and how can I fix it?

thanks

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
AH Minimises
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2006, 01:21:38 PM »
Usually this is caused by some program running in the background that is registering as "currently open program" (ie running in the foreground) every few minutes. Spyware/Malware can do that. Im not sure, but i think also autoupdating/clocked programs like firewall, AV or such might do the same.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline rauchen

• Zinc Member
Same Problem here!
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2006, 08:08:39 PM »
I have exactly the same problem!

How do I find out what program is taking the focus from AH?  I always wind up on the desktop with nothing active.  I even brought up the Task Manager to see if anything was doing more than idling, but it was 98% AH.

I suspect it's the latest version of Webroot Spy Sweeper (5.05 build 1286).  I also run Black Ice but it's not complaining about attacks.

I don't have anything on auto-update or any scheduled tasks.

This is making the game almost not worth playing.  Oddly enough I don't have the problem with Day of Defeat (Half Life mod).

HEEEEELLLLPPPPP!  I need my AH fix.

-Rauchen verboten

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
AH Minimises
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2006, 01:08:52 AM »
I have seen this when someone sends me an IM when I am flying.  I will sometimes dump to desktop but it is obvious what did it.

Maybe it could be a spyware, AV.  Something may be trying look scan the information that is coming in.  Disable it and see if you still have the problem.
Gunner
Cactus Air Force