Author Topic: Alex Baldwin threatens to leave USA if Bush is elected:  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Alex Baldwin threatens to leave USA if Bush is elected:
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2000, 02:00:00 AM »

Originally posted by Igloo:
I for one, am damned proud to live in such a country.

...and so you should be! The best part of all is no one is asking you to live anywhere else.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2000, 09:21:00 AM »
Hehe, well said Toad  

"Oh yeah- Tac- we have had not one but 3 civil wars in Canada. I know your american.. but please look it up next time before you speak. We have had the Upper Canada Rebellion, Lower Canada Rebellion and the Louis Riel and red river valley war."

Im not from the USA... but that what you said there is REALLY interesting! I have done searches on Canadian history and asked many of my Canadian friends... there is no reference to any civil war! Where can I find info on that?

We are talking about real civil wars right? "Git your guns boys and behead the king" kind right? Heehee    

[This message has been edited by Tac (edited 09-26-2000).]

Igloo

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2000, 01:12:00 AM »
Why don't you try doing a search for The Upper Canada Rebellion, Lower Canada Rebellion and the Louis Riel and red river valley war.  

------------------
Squadron Leader, Igloo.
C/O RCAF 411 Squadron - County of York

"Problems cannot be solved with the same awareness that created them" - Albert Einstein[/i]

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2000, 06:32:00 PM »

Originally posted by Igloo:
Why don't you try doing a search for The Upper Canada Rebellion, Lower Canada Rebellion and the Louis Riel and red river valley war.  

Sheesh. Yes, let's all make our countries better by pointing out we fought ourselves on more then one occasion.

- Jig

Igloo

« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2000, 03:57:00 AM »
Jig, he was interested in information relating to those wars.  

------------------
Squadron Leader, Igloo.
C/O RCAF 411 Squadron - County of York

"Problems cannot be solved with the same awareness that created them" - Albert Einstein[/i]